Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shipping to Japan

I've got two cards that just ended that need to go to Japan. I offered only 1st Class International w/optional insurance The buyers both have very good feedback and paid via Paypal promptly.

However, Paypal won't cover me as the seller as both addresses are unconfirmed. Can Paypal not verify addresses for certain countries? The cards are no more than $50. I want to offer stuff to international buyers but the shipping/risk is stressing me out.

What do most of you do? Do you only ship to the US? For the example I gave would most of you just go on faith and figure it's safe?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

For big $$ items I generally only offer shipping to the US (unless it is hockey of course). Little cheap items I will ship internationally without a problem. If something were to happen to the card it would be no big deal.

But I would be concerned about the addresses not being confirmed. Although, if you shipped them 1st Class w/ ins. I think you will be ok. Pretty sure they have to sign for it, or at least there is some sort of tracking on it, so they can not pin it on you. Worst thing that would happen in that case would be you getting paid, and the buyer getting his money back.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, I don't think 1st class international can have insurance unless it's a higher service level. I guess I should've just put a much higher shipping price or forced those. I used other peoples auctions as guidelines and noticed a lot of people will ship worldwide for a very small amount...first class international is only like $2.20 but it can't be tracked, insured, etc. So, people ship cheaper cards that way and just go on faith and trust?

Oddly, enough...I was on Paypal looking at the unconfirmed addresses and when I clicked on the something my computer chose right then to spring a virus on me! It was bizarre! I know it didn't come from the Paypal site but it was such a spooky coincidence.

It's one of those viruses that tries to force you to buy a av program. I was by friends' house yesterday and they got it...and they day before I used a CD they burned me, lol. Kinda pissed my av program didn't stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
For big $$ items I generally only offer shipping to the US (unless it is hockey of course). Little cheap items I will ship internationally without a problem. If something were to happen to the card it would be no big deal.

But I would be concerned about the addresses not being confirmed. Although, if you shipped them 1st Class w/ ins. I think you will be ok. Pretty sure they have to sign for it, or at least there is some sort of tracking on it, so they can not pin it on you. Worst thing that would happen in that case would be you getting paid, and the buyer getting his money back.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jimmybutters
I live in Japan right now and I wouldnt be too worried about it. Most japanese people are very honest and fair. Also the mail system here is awsome and quick. I really don't know how they do it thou because the addresses here are crazy looking and there are no street signs. I do know if there is a signature delivery then they ask for a ID and a bill w/address and your name on it before you can sign for it. Japan is one of the very few countries that I have no problem shipping to no matter the price.

They pretty much have to buy cards from online in the states because here is so freakin expensive. I know last time I went to the card shop over here in Japan 1 box of 06/07 Trilogy basketball was $300 and that was about 1 month ago. Even top loaders is expensive 13-17$ per 25 pack. But I do have to admit the japanese baseball cards have some awsome looking auto's
Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I meant to say Priority International, not 1st Class.

Last edited by pskell02; 08-19-2008 at 06:12 PM.
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

I ship cards all over the world and I agree that Japan is probably the quickest delivery time, generally 4-5 days based on the feedback I get from buyers. Many of the European countries are also fast, Finland, Sweden, etc.
Anything over $50 I always ship Priority Mail International. Usually runs $11.35 to countries other than Canada for a Flat Rate envelope. Ship up to 4 pounds that way so you can put a hard case inside a bubble and then inside the Flat Rate for max protection. Tracking will show the package arriving in country.
I've shipped hundreds of cards overseas and to Canada and have had nothing but positive experiences. Never a chargeback.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybutters View Post
I live in Japan right now and I wouldnt be too worried about it...
Hahaha! That mascot card rocks! I don't know what the hell that "thing" is but I LOVE it!

Thanks for the help. I did send the cards today and threw something extra in for each buyer since I didn't send the stuff the next day. I wasn't too worried, mostly wondering how common unconfirmed addresses are when dealing with people internationally. I've shipped a few things internationally and thus far everyone has been confirmed.