Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
meta-lika

Every customer a satisfied customer for almost 6 years
LOL and your charging $2.50 S&H and your preaching to us about S&H fees?
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I sold my stock in ebay two months ago. May be glad I did. But ebay isn't driving the stock, Paypal is. And in most cases, paypal will still be used when these cards ultimately get sold on whatever web site.
This is exactly why this does not affect the bottom line on ebay. The main thing that drives ebays earnings is paypal. If a card is sold on here or any other forum, the majority of the transactions are through paypal. When someone deposits money into a checkoutmycards, sportsbuy, or sportlots account to purchase cards, most use paypal. Ebay is making money on all of these transactions whether they take place on ebay or not. So unless you just sell cards at a show or a LCS, you are contributing to ebays profits. So anyone who is kicked off of ebay sor any reason and continues to sell cards on line is still going to make ebay money.
twofoulballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
LOL and your charging $2.50 S&H and your preaching to us about S&H fees?
Yet no one complained,not one? Maybe I'm justifying my $2.50 shipping when all is said and done the package costs $2.43 on either a 6 or 7oz package

Again, I'm giving what's being paid for,are others? Probably not
Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofoulballs View Post
This is exactly why this does not affect the bottom line on ebay. The main thing that drives ebays earnings is paypal. If a card is sold on here or any other forum, the majority of the transactions are through paypal. When someone deposits money into a checkoutmycards, sportsbuy, or sportlots account to purchase cards, most use paypal. Ebay is making money on all of these transactions whether they take place on ebay or not. So unless you just sell cards at a show or a LCS, you are contributing to ebays profits. So anyone who is kicked off of ebay sor any reason and continues to sell cards on line is still going to make ebay money.
And mark my word on this! They will cut out the GIFT payments and it will happen quickly.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #55 (permalink)

I would prefer just to roll it all into one price, but then it eliminates a lot of the cards I sell. It enables customers to buy many cheap items, and roll up shipping into one lump cost. I have shipped many items as low as 15c per item because I can roll up shipping. If I was forced to factor shipping into my BIN and offer free shipping...I wouldn't have sold 75% of the cards that guy bought.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
$2 S&H (Padded Env, Top loader, penny sleeve, and POSTAGE) and i have recieved 8 (1's). And my feedback is 100% with over 6000 Positive feedbacks. A few bad BUYERS and boom all those years of hard work are over. Be very careful what your asking for! I think as a Buyer you wil find a way to DING other things even if S&H is free. You are the type of BUYER we all fear. I just suggest ANYONE reading this post put this buyer on YOUR block list and do it fast before he buys anything
Do you just throw the card in the mailer with a top load and penny sleeve? Some people may not like that because thecard could slip out. I pinch the top of the top load, tape it shut ( I know some people dont like this) put the card in a team bag with either 1 or 2 spacers to help keep the card from bending in any way, and then i throw a packing peanut or 2 in the mailer for added padding.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Yet no one complained,not one? Maybe I'm justifying my $2.50 shipping when all is said and done the package costs $2.43 on either a 6 or 7oz package

Again, I'm giving what's being paid for,are others? Probably not
at only 1500 feedbacks i would not call you a BALLER. I think you and many others like you are the downfall of the card business.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyblue73 View Post
That's a pretty idiotic statement. Buyers leave ratings based on perception. And 99 % of the folks out there are STUPID. I have been in retail long enough to know that you can do 100% correct as the seller, go above and beyond and some stupid retard will still not be happy.
LOL. I charge more than the OP and have far less 1's. Something is idiotic here...certinaly isn't my logic guy. I assume most of these are auctions and not BIN's....there is a major discrepancy depending on who you sell to, and what they expect.

You are correct when it comes to one thing, the buyer is always right regardless of how wrong you think they are. One bad buyer unfortunately is going to tell a whole lot more people then ten happy buyers, the nature of the game. Howmany times do you see a "Add this seller to your favorite list" on here vs. BLOCK THIS SELLER. Commen sense actually, like I said.

Pretty standard policy in retail, I'm sure you understand.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #59 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Do you just throw the card in the mailer with a top load and penny sleeve? Some people may not like that because thecard could slip out. I pinch the top of the top load, tape it shut ( I know some people dont like this) put the card in a team bag with either 1 or 2 spacers to help keep the card from bending in any way, and then i throw a packing peanut or 2 in the mailer for added padding.
Its in a TEAM BAG ALSO. Go to my ebay id and read the POSITIVES for yourself.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #60 (permalink)

Still waiting for the original link regarding the 20K members that were suspended.

and OP, your #'s are quite impressive; based on the top seller standards you have up to 1/2 a percent of total transactions before you are dinged. It is an either/or scenario, not just the # of low DSR's you rcd, there is a % variable for high volume sellers.

Last edited by SacGWYNN19; 02-03-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
LOL. I charge more than the OP and have far less 1's. Something is idiotic here...certinaly isn't my logic guy.

You are correct when it comes to one thing, the buyer is always right regardless of how wrong you think they are. One bad buyer unfortunately is going to tell a whole lot more people then ten happy buyers, the nature of the game. Howmany times do you see a "Add this seller to your favorite list" on here vs. BLOCK THIS SELLER. Commen sense actually, like I said.

ONE buyer that buys 15 items can leave 15 1's. Did you know that? So who is to say its a buyer with more than one ebay id and trying to run his competition out of business.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
I would prefer just to roll it all into one price, but then it eliminates a lot of the cards I sell. It enables customers to buy many cheap items, and roll up shipping into one lump cost. I have shipped many items as low as 15c per item because I can roll up shipping. If I was forced to factor shipping into my BIN and offer free shipping...I wouldn't have sold 75% of the cards that guy bought.
Someone needs to make ebay aware of things like this. I buy a lot of cards when I see that the sellel will do combined shipping for no additional charge. 9 times out of 10 that means I will buy additional items from that seller. In fact I have sellers i buy from regularly and sometimes I will buy 6 or 8 cards in one order because he combine ships for no extra charge. Now if sellers start charging 2 or 3 more per card so they can give free shipping, I might buy less, therefore giving ebay less to charge fees off of.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
at only 1500 feedbacks i would not call you a BALLER. I think you and many others like you are the downfall of the card business.
Again 1580 feedbacks, with every single one as a seller being perfect, means every single customer has been more than happy. Call it what you want, bottom line is 100% perfection and not one bad deal to even show.

If the downfall of the business is people not tolerating being screwed over,then the business has about 1000 other issues
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Still waiting for the original link regarding the 20K members that were suspended.
I posted the thread i found last night. If you dont want to read it or believe it dont. I was just making sellers aware of the coming days if they do not offer lower S&H charges.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
You mean the top loader that most cards are already sitting in before being listed on ebay? You've already paid for that

Tape,buy a 5 pack roll for $2.50 that .50 a roll, once again something you probably have in the house either way, so you've paid for that already

Bubble mailers, pack of 5 at walmart for $2.44. Giant expense there as well

Paper, buy an 80 ct package for $4.29, that 6 cents for one print job

My cost of doing business, and don't think it's anything other than business, does not get passed along to my buyers. My 4.9 DSR for S&H must mean I am doing something right
1) Well then you run out of toploaders so you buy more.
2) I'm not in the shipping business so tape being stocked up on is not an option here.
3) Paper plus print ink!!!

Add it up however you want but shipping cost will always be part of business!!!! Ebay makes enough off the 9%-12% fees they charge on the FVF so now what???
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Again 1580 feedbacks, with every single one as a seller being perfect, means every single customer has been more than happy. Call it what you want, bottom line is 100% perfection and not one bad deal to even show.

If the downfall of the business is people not tolerating being screwed over,then the business has about 1000 other issues
Not EVERY single one was happy or your DSR's would be all 5's. Oh did you forget your DSR ratings are NOT all 5's
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Not EVERY single one was happy or your DSR's would be all 5's. Oh did you forget your DSR ratings are NOT all 5's
Yep, you got me there. One 100 and whatever you want to equate a 4.9 to,say 98

I'll still take that track record and know I'm not screwing people over
Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
1) Well then you run out of toploaders so you buy more.
2) I'm not in the shipping business so tape being stocked up on is not an option here.
3) Paper plus print ink!!!

Add it up however you want but shipping cost will always be part of business!!!! Ebay makes enough off the 9%-12% fees they charge on the FVF so now what???
I'm not in the shipping business either,but always have scotch tape or packing tape around the house.

I replace the ink in my printer maybe 3x a year and buy more than one when I have to so I don't run out when needed. Again, planning ahead
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL. I charge more than the OP and have far less 1's. Something is idiotic here...certinaly isn't my logic guy. I assume most of these are auctions and not BIN's....there is a major discrepancy depending on who you sell to, and what they expect.

Unfortunately the buyer always being right no longer works. It stopped when buyers became unreasonable in their expectations.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #70 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
I'm not in the shipping business either,but always have scotch tape or packing tape around the house.

I replace the ink in my printer maybe 3x a year and buy more than one when I have to so I don't run out when needed. Again, planning ahead
Well i would call you MR EBAY.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #71 (permalink)

In this specific case, I think the invoice quoted shipping at $100+ before I discounted it to $6.

Quote:
Someone needs to make ebay aware of things like this. I buy a lot of cards when I see that the sellel will do combined shipping for no additional charge. 9 times out of 10 that means I will buy additional items from that seller. In fact I have sellers i buy from regularly and sometimes I will buy 6 or 8 cards in one order because he combine ships for no extra charge. Now if sellers start charging 2 or 3 more per card so they can give free shipping, I might buy less, therefore giving ebay less to charge fees off of.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Well i would call you MR EBAY.
Nah,just call it knowing how to plan ahead and not leaving everything for the last minute.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately the buyer always being right no longer works. It stopped when buyers became unreasonable in their expectations.
But again, if you are in retail, you should understand and not be complaining. They buyer is always right. That is the first rule of retail. I think the bigger issue is the quality of product received has actually gone down tremendously, not the expectations of the buyer. Our society seems to always want to find a short cut; same on Ebay.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
But again, if you are in retail, you should understand and not be complaining. They buyer is always right. That is the first rule of retail. I think the bigger issue is the quality of product received has actually gone down tremendously, not the expectations of the buyer. Our society seems to always want to find a short cut; same on Ebay.
Well that I can agree with.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #75 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Nah,just call it knowing how to plan ahead and not leaving everything for the last minute.
Well here is another situation for ya. I purchased 6 cards on monday from a guy up north (Chicago area) and they have not arrived today! It says in ebay they should be here by Saturday. I am smart enough to know there is SNOW and ICE on the ground from Texas to NY but i have the ability to HAMMER his DSR ratings on delivery time. I understand this and would never do that to him but there are BRAIN Dead individuals that dont follow the news and would ding his DSRS even though the MAIL may not have run in 4 days. Ebay will NOT remove those DSRS i can promise you that.

Last edited by TSJCT; 02-03-2011 at 06:06 PM.