Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Nah,just call it knowing how to plan ahead and not leaving everything for the last minute.
Yup; I purchase everything in bulk off of....you guessed....Ebay. 000 I buying for less the nickel. I pick up three refurbished ink cartridges for the cost of one at Staples. Etc.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
But again, if you are in retail, you should understand and not be complaining. They buyer is always right. That is the first rule of retail. I think the bigger issue is the quality of product received has actually gone down tremendously, not the expectations of the buyer. Our society seems to always want to find a short cut; same on Ebay.
I have a company also in the Sales business and believe me there are some cusomers no matter how much they spend I WILL NOT SELL to. They cost my company money in the long run just like buyers on ebay do. I have the right in My business who i do and do NOT do business with. On ebay i dont have this right
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup; I purchase everything in bulk off of....you guessed....Ebay. 000 I buying for less the nickel. I pick up three refurbished ink cartridges for the cost of one at Staples. Etc.
Cheapest I've got 000s is 8c. Do you buy more than 500 a pop?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Well here is another situation for ya. I purchased 6 cards on monday from a guy up north (Chicago area) and they have not arrived today! It says in ebay they should be here by Saturday. I am smart enough to know there is SNOW and ICE on the ground from Texas to NY but i have the ability to HAMMER his DSR ratings on delivery time. I understand this and would never do that to him but there are BRAIN Dead individuals that dont follow the news and would ding his DSRS even though the MAIL may not have run in 4 days. Ebay will remove those DSRS i can promise you that.
& I agree with you 100%. If a buyer is dumb enough to think in this case, when a state is more or less in lockdown, that the seller should have no excuse,the DSR hit is uncalled for. Unless the buyer is beyond braindead and thinks it's 80 & sunny right now in Chicago
Old 02-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #80 (permalink)

I don't think the shipping costs have anything to do with leaving anything for last minute. Just because you "plan ahead" doesn't take anything away from cost involved. You have tape, toploaders, teambags, paper, ink, bubble mailers laying around the house because you bought them at one time. These things aren't free, neither is gas, postage, or DC. I for one don't live next to the po and I ship 1 day after payment 2 days at most. You want fast shipping, good service, and well packaged cards you pay for it. The most I've charged is 3.00 and I have no problem paying that much if the service is the same.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #81 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
& I agree with you 100%. If a buyer is dumb enough to think in this case, when a state is more or less in lockdown, that the seller should have no excuse,the DSR hit is uncalled for. Unless the buyer is beyond braindead and thinks it's 80 & sunny right now in Chicago
Wholly Cow we agreed on something! I think i have you coming around now LOL
Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a company also in the Sales business and believe me there are some cusomers no matter how much they spend I WILL NOT SELL to. They cost my company money in the long run just like buyers on ebay do. I have the right in My business who i do and do NOT do business with. On ebay i dont have this right
Very well said.

I have spent a number of years a commissioned salesman and let me tell you there are customers I deal with and hope NOT to write the sale, because I could see the difficulties I would go through and knew the trouble was not worth it. Customers who want to make stipulations other than the way the company conducts businees, who want to put conditions on things, or want special arrangements just for them.

I have had buyers on ebay that try to do that too. My policy is to immediately block them from buying with me. I do not want to set myself up to have to jump through hoops to please someone.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Wholly Cow we agreed on something! I think i have you coming around now LOL

Slooooow down there
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
Cheapest I've got 000s is 8c. Do you buy more than 500 a pop?
Usually a late night auction as opposed to a BIN....I would pay 8 cents though...beats the Sh!t out of 12 for 9.99 at staples. And plus, tough for me to find 000 in bulk without driving all over the place.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Slooooow down there
I have worked with both you and OP on Ebay and have only had positive experiences. Can we all just have a big group hug I say we meet in Gman's hometown for the group hug.....
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I don't think the shipping costs have anything to do with leaving anything for last minute. Just because you "plan ahead" doesn't take anything away from cost involved. You have tape, toploaders, teambags, paper, ink, bubble mailers laying around the house because you bought them at one time. These things aren't free, neither is gas, postage, or DC. I for one don't live next to the po and I ship 1 day after payment 2 days at most. You want fast shipping, good service, and well packaged cards you pay for it. The most I've charged is 3.00 and I have no problem paying that much if the service is the same.
That's just it,when the service is NOT the same, is where the issues come up

Yep,everyone of those things cost $$, but I don't pass my costs of doing business onto any buyer.

My closest PO is about a 15 minute drive. I leave everything for my mailman to pick up unless it's something I need to send out of the US or something that needs to be highly insured,and I don't pass my 30 minutes worth of gas onto anyone
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyblue73 View Post
Very well said.

I have spent a number of years a commissioned salesman and let me tell you there are customers I deal with and hope NOT to write the sale, because I could see the difficulties I would go through and knew the trouble was not worth it. Customers who want to make stipulations other than the way the company conducts businees, who want to put conditions on things, or want special arrangements just for them.

I have had buyers on ebay that try to do that too. My policy is to immediately block them from buying with me. I do not want to set myself up to have to jump through hoops to please someone.
Sounds like we all need to be sharing our blocked bidder lists
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Well there are an awful lot of braindeaded card collectors out there. I mean how else do you account for Bills fans?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds like we all need to be sharing our blocked bidder lists
Would not help. I don't sell cards on ebay. I sell comics and custom action figures.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
I have worked with both you and OP on Ebay and have only had positive experiences. Can we all just have a big group hug I say we meet in Gman's hometown for the group hug.....
Vegas party it is. Just wait until next week when it's back up to around 70
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #91 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
I am not angry at anyone in particular just EBAY's mess they have! I really just started this thread to make all ebay sellers aware to watch the S&H they are charging. I have changed all my auctions to FREE from this point on.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyblue73 View Post
Well there are an awful lot of braindeaded card collectors out there. I mean how else do you account for Bills fans?
Same way you account for a Giants fan
Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Same way you account for a Giants fan
Sorry, my dig. Find your own.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Usually a late night auction as opposed to a BIN....I would pay 8 cents though...beats the Sh!t out of 12 for 9.99 at staples. And plus, tough for me to find 000 in bulk without driving all over the place.
Gotcha -- I've paid 8c-9c with BIN. After the cannibalization that some go thru, I think I end up averaging 9c per. The couple times I've had to find 000s and 00s around here, I think i was paying 40c+ each (at a shipping supply company).
Old 02-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
That's just it,when the service is NOT the same, is where the issues come up

Yep,everyone of those things cost $$, but I don't pass my costs of doing business onto any buyer.

My closest PO is about a 15 minute drive. I leave everything for my mailman to pick up unless it's something I need to send out of the US or something that needs to be highly insured,and I don't pass my 30 minutes worth of gas onto anyone
I guess if high end is all your selling that's great, but why would I charge $2 if the cost to ship is more than that? I'm not going to make a million bucks selling, but I'm not giving it away either. When I do sell anything high end I usually do free s/h. Personally I don't make anything off of shipping and I can't stand sellers who do business that way, so I don't buy from them. I drive to the po instead of leaving it in the mailbox bc I've had a package mysteriously disappear and had one get lost for 3 weeks, so I don't chance it anymore.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
It's like the post a few weeks back where the OP tried to justify his shipping charges because he has to drive to the post office and wait in line

Why in the world should any buyer be on the hook for you waiting in line at a post office? Someone should pay extra because you were in line for 37 minutes and had to drive a half mile?
i wouldn't factor in gas or time at the post office or tape for that matter, but I would factor in the toploaders...yes, you may have some around, but you probably did pay for them at one time or another, same with the bubble mailer...if I'm trading, I reuse old mailers, but when I sell on ebay, i buy new ones to send out...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #97 (permalink)

Bottom line is that we're going to have to readjust our shipping costs. No more charging for toploaders, bubble mailers, team bags - just straight postage. What sucks is that I'm going to have to adjust my templates to account for the size of the card. Right now, I charge $2.50 regardless of the size/weight of the card.

Combined shipping is going to be a bitch.

I wonder if any of the manufacturers would be willing to go to bat for us. If we have no place to sell our cards, we're going to buy less cards. If I were a top-level executive at Topps or Panini, I'd be on the phone with a top-level executive at Ebay trying to be an advocate for sellers. Of course this will never happen, because those guys have their heads shoved so far up their own asses they don't know what day it is.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
It's really like anything else in life. If I'm being charged for anything, if I am not getting what I am paying for, then in one way or another it'll be dealt with. Be it taking my business elsewhere, cancelling an account, etc...
the world needs those penny pincher, worried about every penny they have type of people. I am saddened by this. I needed this today, today was going toooo good

I am so thankful I'm not like this. Life is a beach....
Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
the world needs those penny pincher, worried about every penny they have type of people. I am saddened by this. I needed this today, today was going toooo good

I am so thankful I'm not like this. Life is a beach....
Penny pincher? Far from it. I don't get taken advantage of when it comes to my expenses,etc....

You must be the good submissive type without the backbone. "Whatever you say, yes sir. If you say it's that much,it must be true,I'll never question it"
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Well here is another situation for ya. I purchased 6 cards on monday from a guy up north (Chicago area) and they have not arrived today! It says in ebay they should be here by Saturday. I am smart enough to know there is SNOW and ICE on the ground from Texas to NY but i have the ability to HAMMER his DSR ratings on delivery time. I understand this and would never do that to him but there are BRAIN Dead individuals that dont follow the news and would ding his DSRS even though the MAIL may not have run in 4 days. Ebay will remove those DSRS i can promise you that.
Well, there was very limited mail service yesterday. The were four counties in Northwest Indiana & two in Illinois that were pretty much on lockdown all day. People were getting tickets just for driving yesterday because there was a ban on driving unless it was an emergency. So I didn't go to the post office.
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote