Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
CardCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OH
Posts: 8,984
Default

I hate how people can complain about the price of shipping yet you still bid on the item, they buy the item and then hurt our dsr ratings because they were charged to much, yet they agreed to the price by buying the card. It is so dumb, then we can only leave them positive feedback , ebay is ridiculous !
CardCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #102 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
I hate how people can complain about the price of shipping yet you still bid on the item, they buy the item and then hurt our dsr ratings because they were charged to much, yet they agreed to the price by buying the card. It is so dumb, then we can only leave them positive feedback , ebay is ridiculous !
YOUR CORRECT SIR! Ebay wants out of the card business plain and simple. They want HUGE stores that pay alot more in Store type fees and they see cards as just a pain in the ass. The buyers will get whats coming to them. They will have to drive to a show and deal with that crazy crap just to get those cards they need to make the sets they desire. And i can promise you that card will cost more than the small amount they were BITCHING about on S&H. I love it myself. I am going to offer free shipping but i will not cut prices and ill get what i want for the card or it can sit right here in my collection. I can only see other sellers doiing the same. So all in all JUST MAYBE it will raise the prices we are getting and we wont have to give our Cards away to the LOWBALL buyers. Say goodbye to the SNIPE systems as you will see the bigger sellers going away from the Auction type listings.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,586
Default

imagine if ebay had samsonite, brooks brothers, bath and body works, HMV, and others as the large sellers. i guess ebay has decided to change their identity.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
YOUR CORRECT SIR! Ebay wants out of the card business plain and simple. They want HUGE stores that pay alot more in Store type fees and they see cards as just a pain in the ass. The buyers will get whats coming to them. They will have to drive to a show and deal with that crazy crap just to get those cards they need to make the sets they desire. And i can promise you that card will cost more than the small amount they were BITCHING about on S&H. I love it myself. I am going to offer free shipping but i will not cut prices and ill get what i want for the card or it can sit right here in my collection. I can only see other sellers doiing the same. So all in all JUST MAYBE it will raise the prices we are getting and we wont have to give our Cards away to the LOWBALL buyers. Say goodbye to the SNIPE systems as you will see the bigger sellers going away from the Auction type listings.
The problem is that even if the listing were free and there was only a 1% FVF charged no one is willing to try out another site because eBay traffic is so much bigger.

Advertising would be an expensive proposition too. In short, eBay has card sellers by the short hairs. Now if a bunch of card collectors and hobbyists, say 1000 or so decided to use a new platform at the same time, we could draw a lot of traffic with not so much advertising dollars. Even 100 sellers or so would be able to get some momentum.

I have the domain name locked up (from the last time eBay pissed me off) and the software company on speed dial if there is real interest. It would be limited to sports cards because the problem with all of these ebay clones is that they don't specialize in anything. You eat an elephant a bite at a time.

And if anyone is serious about it PM me because I'm not looking at these boards very often these days.
__________________
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”

Last edited by frozenntimesports; 02-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 5,377
Default

I think I am done with all this hobby crap It isnt a hobby anymore and after my next group break which is happening tommorow and all the deals I have working I am going to focus on life not hobby drama

1. so many people complain
2. I charge 2.99 for shipping on ebay to bypass the fees I get good shipping ratings because I ship in a timely manner
3. All cards are event worn these days makes me wonder
4. products are all the same and dont hold any value
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
golferphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
The problem is that even if the listing were free and there was only a 1% FVF charged no one is willing to try out another site because eBay traffic is so much bigger.

Advertising would be an expensive proposition too. In short, eBay has card sellers by the short hairs. Now if a bunch of card collectors and hobbyists, say 1000 or so decided to use a new platform at the same time, we could draw a lot of traffic with not so much advertising dollars. Even 100 sellers or so would be able to get some momentum.

I have the domain name locked up (from the last time eBay pissed me off) and the software company on speed dial if there is real interest. It would be limited to sports cards because the problem with all of these ebay clones is that they don't specialize in anything. You eat an elephant a bite at a time.

And if anyone is serious about it PM me because I'm not looking at these boards very often these days.
Pretty sure that is COMC and they are not exactly world beaters. I am not trying to say anything bad about COMC, just that eBay is such the 500 lb gorilla at this point that even 10000 collectors leaving would not phase them in the least. The only company that I can see that could really hurt eBay is Google. If they got it in their heads to come up with the "do no harm" version of an online auction site, I bet eBay would take notice...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
Pretty sure that is COMC and they are not exactly world beaters. I am not trying to say anything bad about COMC, just that eBay is such the 500 lb gorilla at this point that even 10000 collectors leaving would not phase them in the least. The only company that I can see that could really hurt eBay is Google. If they got it in their heads to come up with the "do no harm" version of an online auction site, I bet eBay would take notice...
Ebay does not care period. They are tired of the card business because most of the BITCHING is coming from S&H charges on cards that sell below $5 and they are not making the big bucks on those auctions. I can see it from their side on all the bitching that goes on. A guy spends $1 on a card and gets charged $3 for that card to be shipped and then has to deal with the IDIOT who bought the card and is now bitching over the S&H charge. The buyer will figure this out soon. The more i think about it the more i like this! I hope all the buyers who have done the DSR DING thing, can not find a single card they are looking for below $5. What are they going to ding then the Communication or Description?
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Default

The people who complain about the shipping are the ones to avoid. It really is ridiculous. I spend hundreds on Ebay per month buying, and I NEVER leave low DSR's as long as the card comes timely and unharmed. Ive had cards come a week late and still left 5s. The DSR's need to go, they are worthless and only cause problems.
__________________
I collect Randy Moss, Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun autographs!


Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,855
Default Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Had to be Meg Whitman and her illegal housekeepers up late one night
See I live in Alaska so shipping varies which is why I tell people if I have overcharged on shipping I will refund what is owed its only fair right?
Boom all said and done!

PS up here 5 bubble mailers =4.49 at wally world!
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,726
Default

DSR is as bad as the BCS

Massive holes and flaws...

You send someone a card it has a small ding corner

the seller is mad it is not gem mint..

they give you zero dsr's for everything shipping time communication etc...

i answer every question sent my way... i have it go to my phone..

i answer in minutes. and in last year i have 5 zero dsr ratings for communication

its a joke and i can't believe the OP got kicked off ebay...

i am a top rated seller with 5 5 4.9 4.9

and i feel i could come close to getting kicked off reading all this
__________________
LOOKING FOR

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
jeffgates_3716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 670
Default

Most people add shipping into what they bid so that they get the card for the price they want anyways. If a card has free shipping and goes for $12 that same card will more than likely go for $10 with a $2 shipping charge. People are just crazy. I seriously believe some people would leave 1 and 2 stars if they could on people with free shipping.
jeffgates_3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,751
Default

Does anyone know anyone who got banned from selling?
__________________
Check Out My Cards ID = fungi2510

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,726
Default

I just live chat with ebay rep about this

yep they a suspending people...

said the process is far from over also...

Wow

guess i am going to free shipping
__________________
LOOKING FOR

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
Pretty sure that is COMC and they are not exactly world beaters. I am not trying to say anything bad about COMC, just that eBay is such the 500 lb gorilla at this point that even 10000 collectors leaving would not phase them in the least. The only company that I can see that could really hurt eBay is Google. If they got it in their heads to come up with the "do no harm" version of an online auction site, I bet eBay would take notice...
he's not talking about hurting eBay........ he's talking about a site that could compete (in the card auction market) with eBay and in a short period of time. and if there were enough of the larger well known sellers to switch to a new site, the momentum would gather quickly.
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
I just live chat with ebay rep about this

yep they a suspending people...

said the process is far from over also...

Wow

guess i am going to free shipping
How did you live chat? I thought they got rid of live chat support months ago.
__________________
CJK5H
kajshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
I just live chat with ebay rep about this

yep they a suspending people...

said the process is far from over also...

Wow

guess i am going to free shipping
They are reading this and saying to themselves "Operation: Success".
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 4,414
Default

Okay, I found the live chat. I had to google search for it since it's no longer available on the "contact us" link.

Here's my live chat.

Customertheseatsyouwant
Initial Question/Comment: Selling
7:27:10 PM SystemSystem
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help!
7:27:10 PM SystemSystem
Please hold for the next available Live Help Agent.
7:27:45 PM SystemSystem
Mark Jerriz has joined this session!
7:27:45 PM SystemSystem
Connected with Mark Jerriz

7:27:45 PM AgentMark Jerriz
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. My name is Jerriz. May I please have your first name?

7:27:55 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
Hi Mark. My name is Josh

7:28:15 PM AgentMark Jerriz
Hi, Josh. How can I help you?

7:28:46 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
I have heard from other sellers that accounts are being terminated for low shipping DSR's. Is this true?

7:29:25 PM AgentMark Jerriz
I'm glad you contacted us regarding this concern and I'll be happy to assist you with that.

7:30:15 PM AgentMark Jerriz
Just to clarify, you want to know how we evaluate your DSR. Is that correct?

7:31:22 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
Not quite. I am asking specifically if there has recently been thousands of account permanently suspended for low scores on the Shipping Charge category.

7:34:27 PM AgentMark Jerriz
Once we evaluate a seller's DSR, if this continues to be below standard, this might be under further review and may lead to restriction and suspension, but not terminate.

7:35:40 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
So the rumors that up to 20,000 accounts were recently terminated is incorrect? And how long do the restrictions and suspensions typically last?

7:37:07 PM AgentMark Jerriz
Yes. That is correct. Restrictions and suspensions duration are based on the evaluation. Once you have this, you will be notified for the process.

7:37:32 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
It is correct that 20,000 accounts were recently terminated?

7:37:57 PM AgentMark Jerriz
It is correct that it is incorrect.

7:39:00 PM Customertheseatsyouwant
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling it was just a rumor. It wouldn't make sense for Ebay to suspend their customers over low DSR's. I appreciate your help Mark.

7:40:09 PM AgentMark Jerriz
No worries. You are welcome!
__________________
CJK5H
kajshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,521
Default

lol........

Quote:
7:37:57 PM AgentMark Jerriz
It is correct that it is incorrect.
__________________
Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, iPads, Androids, Phones, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
lol........
Yeah, I laughed at that part too.
__________________
CJK5H
kajshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,412
Default

Sounds good!! Rumors is how the stock market takes dives too lol.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #121 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Sounds good!! Rumors is how the stock market takes dives too lol.
Go to the website address i posted and read the link. I just posted this for all to read. You can decide for yourself as to the truth of it or not. If you dont believe it just keep the S&H charges the same and keep getting the DSR hits and then come back to this thread in 2 months or so and let us know when the suspension or termination was done. The more that get the BAN hammer the better it is for me as a Seller as my competition goes away and my prices can only go up.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Go to the website address i posted and read the link. I just posted this for all to read. You can decide for yourself as to the truth of it or not. If you dont believe it just keep the S&H charges the same and keep getting the DSR hits and then come back to this thread in 2 months or so and let us know when the suspension or termination was done. The more that get the BAN hammer the better it is for me as a Seller as my competition goes away and my prices can only go up.
I read it when you first made the thread. It's hard to tell, ebay will say what they will to continue business. I had no reason not to believe the guy on FCB so I didn't have no reason to talk to their (ebays) CSR about it. I'm not too worried myself because I only sold like 8 times within the year I've been a member on there but for some others I'm sure it may hurt em.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Go to the website address i posted and read the link. I just posted this for all to read. You can decide for yourself as to the truth of it or not. If you dont believe it just keep the S&H charges the same and keep getting the DSR hits and then come back to this thread in 2 months or so and let us know when the suspension or termination was done. The more that get the BAN hammer the better it is for me as a Seller as my competition goes away and my prices can only go up.
No offense, because I appreciate where you're coming from, but your link is to another sports card forum where one guy claimed to be terminated, then another guy said "yeah, me too" and then some other guy said "uh...I heard from my friend Mike's brother's butcher's ice cream man's mailman's sister Shananay that somebody on the bus said 20,000 sellers were terminated." No one has produced any proof. I produced the most solid evidence so far, and it refutes what's being reported here and on FCB.

Don't you think if 20,000 sellers were terminated, we'd hear more about it?
__________________
CJK5H
kajshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #124 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
No offense, because I appreciate where you're coming from, but your link is to another sports card forum where one guy claimed to be terminated, then another guy said "yeah, me too" and then some other guy said "uh...I heard from my friend Mike's brother's butcher's ice cream man's mailman's sister Shananay that somebody on the bus said 20,000 sellers were terminated." No one has produced any proof. I produced the most solid evidence so far, and it refutes what's being reported here and on FCB.

Don't you think if 20,000 sellers were terminated, we'd hear more about it?
I have no idea what they want us to know. Do you honestly think a LIVE chat person is going to tell you or in that matter do you think they even know. Hell they have never been able to solve a problem and much less one on this scale IF it is true. Take it or leave it that is up to you. I know i am going to do what alot of others are doing and offer free shipping and just raise my prices to avoid all the BS going on.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #125 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
I read it when you first made the thread. It's hard to tell, ebay will say what they will to continue business. I had no reason not to believe the guy on FCB so I didn't have no reason to talk to their (ebays) CSR about it. I'm not too worried myself because I only sold like 8 times within the year I've been a member on there but for some others I'm sure it may hurt em.
i was just making the comment in general to sellers and it was not aimed directly at you. Sorry if it came across that way.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dead horse

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.