Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
I have no idea what they want us to know. Do you honestly think a LIVE chat person is going to tell you or in that matter do you think they even know. Hell they have never been able to solve a problem and much less one on this scale IF it is true. Take it or leave it that is up to you. I know i am going to do what alot of others are doing and offer free shipping and just raise my prices to avoid all the BS going on.
Two things:
1. Kyle said he spoke with a live chat rep who confirmed the accounts have been canceled and that more terminations are coming.

2. There are a ton of sellers on this board. Not one person on this board has said they lost their account. Only 2 people in the 10+ page thread on FCB claim to have lost their account. A google search for "ebay 20,000 suspensions" and "ebay 20,000 terminations" returns nothing of relevance except for links to this thread and the similar one on FCB.

All I'm saying is that if 20,000 sellers (a staggering number) lost their accounts permanently today, it would be all over the place. Yet we've only found two.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
i was just making the comment in general to sellers and it was not aimed directly at you. Sorry if it came across that way.
No need to apologize, I didn't take it like that.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #128 (permalink)

I dont ding for shipping charges unless they dont provide what they said they would. If im bidding on it I know the cost shipping and supplies. I think 3 dollars or less total is fine so long as it is bubble, loader, sleeved, team bag, sent dc in a timely manner. depending on how the person sends his cards which is to say that some use paypal shipping (20 cents or less) and some use USPS which charges 72 cents for DC. the way I look at it between 2-3 bucks is fine.

Its when they charge 4 bucks for shipping, or like a few weeks ago when I bought a plate on ebay the douche charged 4 bucks and didnt provide me with DC. Guess what I shot him a 1 for it. No fu@#ing way I pay 4 bucks for shipping and no DC.

So I would say it depends on the situation weather to ding or not.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #129 (permalink)

Why is it on eBay, when I'm about to leave a positive feedback, and 5 stars on the DSR's EXCEPT for 1, which Was shipping speed, and I chose 1 star, and I submit it but it says," you are about to leave a negative"?why does it says that if I'm clearly leaving a + feedback?
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #130 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
I dont ding for shipping charges unless they dont provide what they said they would. If im bidding on it I know the cost shipping and supplies. I think 3 dollars or less total is fine so long as it is bubble, loader, sleeved, team bag, sent dc in a timely manner. depending on how the person sends his cards which is to say that some use paypal shipping (20 cents or less) and some use USPS which charges 72 cents for DC. the way I look at it between 2-3 bucks is fine.

Its when they charge 4 bucks for shipping, or like a few weeks ago when I bought a plate on ebay the douche charged 4 bucks and didnt provide me with DC. Guess what I shot him a 1 for it. No fu@#ing way I pay 4 bucks for shipping and no DC.

So I would say it depends on the situation weather to ding or not.
What i would question is WHY THE HELL did you buy it then?? You knew it was $4 and you ding his ratings over 19 cents?? I can only say this is the problem with the STUPID idea of DSR's.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #131 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfDestruct808 View Post
Why is it on eBay, when I'm about to leave a positive feedback, and 5 stars on the DSR's EXCEPT for 1, which Was shipping speed, and I chose 1 star, and I submit it but it says," you are about to leave a negative"?why does it says that if I'm clearly leaving a + feedback?
Why leave a positve if your not happy enough to leave 5 stars? Just leave him a negative i am sure he deserves it
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
he's not talking about hurting eBay........ he's talking about a site that could compete (in the card auction market) with eBay and in a short period of time. and if there were enough of the larger well known sellers to switch to a new site, the momentum would gather quickly.
You're right. If the goal is to take out eBay, you're going to lose. If the goal is to set a site up that is seller and buyer friendly, it could work. It could fail. Most ventures like this fail.

I have the resources to keep the thing running for three years (if my math is right) without it making a cent.

Been on more than usual today. 7 loads of laundry and two sick kids will do that. Night all.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Why leave a positve if your not happy enough to leave 5 stars? Just leave him a negative i am sure he deserves it
Cause I hate to leave a negative,I mean if the Description of the item was accurate,and the shipping cost was reasonable,I'm not not gonna base my overall feedback on the slow shipping,which was sent 3 weeks after I paid,shows on the dc it was sent #/##/##,ya know
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #134 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Cause I hate to leave a negative,I mean if the Description of the item was accurate,and the shipping cost was reasonable,I'm not not gonna base my overall feedback on the slow shipping,which was sent 3 weeks after I paid,shows on the dc it was sent #/##/##,ya know
I understand about the slow shipping. I have waited for 3-4 weeks for a card before but sometimes the shipping time is out of the sellers hands and thats the reason i HATE DSR ratings. I cant control the Postal system to ensure they do their job. And you know we are talking about the Postal service here and they get paid the same if your package arrives in 1 week or 5 months.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand about the slow shipping. I have waited for 3-4 weeks for a card before but sometimes the shipping time is out of the sellers hands and thats the reason i HATE DSR ratings. I cant control the Postal system to ensure they do their job. And you know we are talking about the Postal service here and they get paid the same if your package arrives in 1 week or 5 months.
True but in my situation, the card was only mailed out 3 weeks after purchase,& if u just count from the time it was at the post office to the time I received it,it was 4 days.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #136 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
True but in my situation, the card was only mailed out 3 weeks after purchase,& if u just count from the time it was at the post office to the time I received it,it was 4 days.
well i can understand you being upset. I try and ship within 24 hrs after payment is made.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
I think alot of the hits on DSRS for shipping are when you don't get what you're charged for. Somone charges me $3.00 for shipping, and I see the paypal label shows a weight of 1oz, you're getting dinged. Better yet, the other day I paid $2.75 for shipping on one card, that came in a padded envelope with 2 regular stamps on it. Seller got dinged

If you're charging x for shipping, you better be shipping for or close to that same x
Thats why you put Shipping and Handling....You can charge what ever you want for handling fees... this includes your shipping supplies & Fees (top loaders, team bags, tape, bubble mailer, boxes, car gas to and from post office, etc)

At $3.00, you are actually losing money, after you figure in paypal fees, ebay fees, supplies, and shipping cost.

If they are going to boot sellers for poor rating, then some of the power sellers that dont offer shipping discounts need to be on the top of the list, especially Burbank Sportcards.... charging me $19.75 for 6 $1 cards.

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 AM   #138 (permalink)

I always look at the S&H charges before I buy. I'll go 3-4 on a high end card 2 on most others. The only time I gave low stars I bought a lot of 6 cards, no pic. The guy listed it wont be dissapointed, 2$ for shipping. When I got the cards 6 1990 topps commons baseball, I think there was a double too. They were shipped in a regular envelope with a rubberband around them. I hope he was one of the 20,000 dropped.
SoCalMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #139 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMisfit View Post
I always look at the S&H charges before I buy. I'll go 3-4 on a high end card 2 on most others. The only time I gave low stars I bought a lot of 6 cards, no pic. The guy listed it wont be dissapointed, 2$ for shipping. When I got the cards 6 1990 topps commons baseball, I think there was a double too. They were shipped in a regular envelope with a rubberband around them. I hope he was one of the 20,000 dropped.
Thats why any auction without a photo or a dealer with multiple listing and the same picture I avoid.

I bidded on one of those "Shop Closing, Million Cards" figure for $4.99 was a good deal. Said I would get at least 300 cards in sealed packs, 10 additional superstars, inserts, or rookie cards, an auto or game used, and a bonus item.... figured that 300 cards would be roughly 30 packs of cards if 10 cards per pack. Paid $3.00 SH.

Well, I received 2 actual wax packs (1988 Donruss & 1991 Topps), the other "sealed" packs (15) were team bags full of 1987-1992 Topps--each had 15-20 of the same card in them, all commons. The 10 additional cards were all players i would consider minor stars or commons, again from 1987-92. oh, and the Autograph/Game Used card was a 1988 Topps in Person autographed card of Wade Boggs, and the actual card was creased top to bottom, but wait, it was not Wade Boggs autograph on the card, it was the seller's name with inscription "Thanks"

That was my first Negative left... and never got a refund,

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #140 (permalink)

For anyone questioning IF ebay users are having selling privileges taken away....I know multiple sellers this has happened to.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #141 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I am with gman on this one. If i am buying something with shipping of a certain amount i expect the shipping cost, and only the shipping cost, to cost within a reasonable amount of what i paid. If it comes with 2 stamps and i ding them ( not nessarsarly meaning a 1 star) now the question is not "why in the hell did i buy it" because the answer is simply i was expecting the shipping cost to be the amount charged.

The argument for the cost of supplies factoring into the shipping cost does not hold any water. You can not and should not argue that the cost of supplies should factor into shipping cost. If you go into a store and buy something the majority of the time you Are only charged what the item cost and a sales tax. You are not also charged in addition to the cost of the item and the sales tax a tax to cover employees wages, a tax to cover the cost of utilities, a tax to cover property tax, and so on and so on. All of those costs are paid through the profits of the items the store is selling, just like whatever you are selling on ebay the cost of supplies should be paid for through the profits of your items. You should not be able to supplement your profits of the items you are selling by charging an addintional tax (cost of supplies)

Last edited by dthimesch; 02-04-2011 at 10:22 AM.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #142 (permalink)

I dissagree to a point, all retail items have those costs factered into the price already. You are paying a fraction for wages, rent, electricity, supplies ect. That pair of jeans you paid 50 bucks for, cost the company about 4.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I am with gman on this one. If i am buying something with shipping of a certain amount i expect the shipping cost, and only the shipping cost, to cost within a reasonable amount of what i paid. If it comes with 2 stamps and i ding them ( not nessarsarly meaning a 1 star) now the question is not "why in the hell did i buy it" because the answer is simply i was expecting the shipping cost to be the amount charged.

The argument for the cost of supplies factoring into the shipping cost does not hold any water. You can not and should not argue that the cost of supplies should factor into shipping cost. If you go into a store and buy something the majority of the time. Are only charged what the item cost and a sales tax. You are not also charged in additition to the cost of the item and the sales tax a tax to cover employees wages, a tax to cover the cost of utilities, a tax to cover property tax, and so on and so on. All of those costs are paid through the profits of the items the store is selling, just like whatever you are selling on ebay the cost of supplies should be paid for through the profits of your items. Yu should not be able to supplement your profits of the items you are selling by charging an addintional tax (cost of supplies)
So your saying that the manufacturer of said goods you are buying at the store doesn't factor in the expenses needed to package and deliver those goods? Im sorry but you dont factor those costs in and that company is going to lose money. I agree that over charging and under delivering on shipping is unacceptable, however in this scenerio we as good sellers on Ebay have to buy the supplies needed to ship "properly". Good service means shipped in a BM, w/DC, sleeve, toploder, and team bag. If you think 3.00 is too much then just don't bid.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
Pretty sure that is COMC and they are not exactly world beaters. I am not trying to say anything bad about COMC, just that eBay is such the 500 lb gorilla at this point that even 10000 collectors leaving would not phase them in the least. The only company that I can see that could really hurt eBay is Google. If they got it in their heads to come up with the "do no harm" version of an online auction site, I bet eBay would take notice...
The rumor I've heard on this is that while Google could probably do an auction site better and in a way that they could charge sellers less money, etc....

eBay is one of their biggest Adwords customers.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
So your saying that the manufacturer of said goods you are buying at the store doesn't factor in the expenses needed to package and deliver those goods? Im sorry but you dont factor those costs in and that company is going to lose money. I agree that over charging and under delivering on shipping is unacceptable, however in this scenerio we as good sellers on Ebay have to buy the supplies needed to ship "properly". Good service means shipped in a BM, w/DC, sleeve, toploder, and team bag. If you think 3.00 is too much then just don't bid.
You guys are missing my point. Yes the cost of everything is factored into the price the store is selling the item. But when you check out and pay for that item you are not paying anything extra for the cost of running the business such the case as charging for supplies into the extra charge of shipping. It is not that 3.00 is too much for shipping but it is to much for shipping when the total cost to ship it is only 1.50
Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #146 (permalink)

This is nothing more than a RICO style money grab.

Ebay will allow the 20,000 suspended seller, if there were that many to continue once they offer Free S&H.

Ebay will then get a % of the shipping $$ added into the starting/BO prices.

Nice scam.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
This is nothing more than a RICO style money grab.

Ebay will allow the 20,000 suspended seller, if there were that many to continue once they offer Free S&H.

Ebay will then get a % of the shipping $$ added into the starting/BO prices.

Nice scam.
This is so true.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
You guys are missing my point. Yes the cost of everything is factored into the price the store is selling the item. But when you check out and pay for that item you are not paying anything extra for the cost of running the business such the case as charging for supplies into the extra charge of shipping. It is not that 3.00 is too much for shipping but it is to much for shipping when the total cost to ship it is only 1.50

I think we are talking about 2 different things here. If you are referring to people who overcharge for shipping and under deliver on actual cost then I can understand. But if you are talking about not factoring in what it takes to get the card(s) to the buyer then you are going to lose me at that juncture. I'm not charging "extra" but I'm charging for what you are getting. I don't buy shipping supplies to give them away for free. They are needed to get the cards there safe and secure. Every business factors in these costs.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #149 (permalink)

Yeah, that's like bidding on the card/sleve/toploader/team bag and mailer in the auction price. Then the shipping charges would be 1.50 for a single card
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #150 (permalink)

eBay doesn't care about the loss of business from the suspended sellers or else they wouldn't have suspended them. One seller gone only means that a buyer would have to buy from another seller.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote