Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbentzen View Post
Thats why you put Shipping and Handling....You can charge what ever you want for handling fees... this includes your shipping supplies & Fees (top loaders, team bags, tape, bubble mailer, boxes, car gas to and from post office, etc)
Not true. Ebay's S/H policy specifically states that handling is "Cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any." And you cannot charge for - "Related fees: Things like gas, mileage, time spent at a carrier, employee wages, or eBay and PayPal fees should not be added."
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #152 (permalink)

One argument that really bugs me about the whole thing is the fact that buyers complain about the Shipping & Handling charges, expecting to pay only for Shipping.

Also, someone said that packaging and supplies shouldn't be added to the cost but really, why not? This packaging and supply are purchased for the sole purpose of shipping the cards to the buyer. I don't know a single store in America who doesn't take into account all his utility bills when pricing an item. They also factor in the shipping charged to them when purchasing said items.

What bugs me, really, is that this is a problem only because some buyers, a minority of them, are buying cards and expect to pay the lowest price possible even if it means that the sellers sell the cards at lost just for them.

This is an issue, really, only because of an handful of buyers splitting hairs.

I live in Canada and shipping is already pricy as it is... now this comes around. Boy, selling cards become less and less fun.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #153 (permalink)

Saw this on FCB

It's against Ebay policy to leave good feedback but bad DSRs

does anyone know
1) is this true
2) where it is documented on ebay.com -- I looked for a while and ended up going in circles.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #154 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
Saw this on FCB

It's against Ebay policy to leave good feedback but bad DSRs

does anyone know
1) is this true
2) where it is documented on ebay.com -- I looked for a while and ended up going in circles.
Define BAD?

Leaving a 4 or even a 3 is not bad.

This whole DSR scheme was nothing more than an attempt to increase revenue. And having the average idiot leave a feedback DSR is a joke.

Attached is a DSR report I ran last year.

Before you read it here is my selling process:
Auction/BIN Ends. Auto Invoice sent. I then send another more personal invoince or note within an hour of closing. I leave feedback within 24 hours of receiving payment.

I ship item the same day or the next business day if I receive payment after 2PM EST.

My shipping charges are between $2.50 and $3.00 depending on the # of cards.

I UNDERGRADE my cards in the listings as NrMT condition or better.

Out of the 20 feedback with DSR I received in this report
19/20 gave me 5 on Item as described.
1/20 gave me a 3 or a 4.

19/20 gave me a 5 on communication
1/20 gave me a 3/4

18/20 gave me a 5 on Shipping time.
2/20 gave me 3 or 4 and ALL THE ITEMS shipped less than 24 hours after receiving payment.

17/20 gave me 5 on S&H charges
2/20 gave me a 3 or 4
1/20 have me a 1 or a 2. (A $2.50 shipping price cost me about $2.17 in postage along)

I'll be damned if I give Ebay a BIGGER cut of my $$ by offering free shipping.

Someone will see this as a highly organized RICO style operation. At least they should.

Last edited by jlzinck; 12-12-2011 at 08:47 AM.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #155 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I can sum it all up like this! The buyers that leave low DSR after purchasing an Item and knowing what the cost was before they purchased the item are just plain AHOLES. They are the type of person that would find something wrong NO MATTER how good the transaction went. There are AHOLES born everyday and the buyers that do this are just thas PLAIN OUT AHOLES. So thank you LOW DSR buyers that do this and hope you feel good about yourself. And dont come back saying $3 is too much or $3.50 is too much becuase you LOW DSR LEAVING BUYERS will find ANYTHING to Bitch about. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICE OF THE ITEM, DONT BUY THE DAMN ITEM. Just move on! But then again you could not leave LOW DSRS if you just moved on. I honestly think buyers KNOW when they buy an item they are going to DING the DSR at the moment they buy the item. Plain and simple there are just AHOLES in the world.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Define BAD?
1 or 2

If it is against ebay policy to leave positive feedback and low DSRs, then I want ebay to remove my 1s and 2s. I just want to see the policy.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Someone will see this as a highly organized RICO style operation. At least they should.
RICO hmmmm I like that!!! I wonder if most even know what RICO or RICO laws mean & imply???
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #158 (permalink)

Default Ebay is maddening - turns me into Gollum from LOTR

"But Master Ebay is Smeigol's friend!" Smeigol
"No. Master Ebay is Tricksy!" Gollum

Ebay will gradually make you lose your teeth and hair, and you will turn into your own version of Gollum, obsessing over DSR's, you will retreat deep underground and live solely for "precious" Ebay.

I can't wait for the day that there is an alternative auction site. Why can't this be done profitably by someone else?
Ebay does not want small business. Period.
jk1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #159 (permalink)

I realize I'm coming into this discussion sort of late. I sell and buy on the "Bay (although not to the level that some of you do).

I have, and will continue to, ding sellers on their S&H DSR when they charge $2.50 or more for shipping and ship in a PWE with no DC. I feel that's justified. Does it affect their other DSRs? No. But when I pay anything for shipping (whether it's .50 cents or $5), I expect the shipping method to be close in value to what I paid for it (factoring in the envelope and toploader).

For example- one seller charged me $5 to ship something that I was really excited about. Great. I knew the shipping cost, and was glad to pay it to get the item. But then it showed up in a thin manilla envelope with two stamps. Is that acceptable? I say no.

It sucks that some of you guys follow everything to the T (shipping out on time, bubble mailer, protected well) and are still docked. I would hope that this wave affects mostly those that are using S&H charges to make up paypal fees and then skimp on shipping.

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #160 (permalink)

Can you not see who/what item the DSR rating was left on? I have one 2 is shipping cost and just curious if it showed who leaves what.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #161 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyale81 View Post
I realize I'm coming into this discussion sort of late. I sell and buy on the "Bay (although not to the level that some of you do).

I have, and will continue to, ding sellers on their S&H DSR when they charge $2.50 or more for shipping and ship in a PWE with no DC. I feel that's justified. Does it affect their other DSRs? No. But when I pay anything for shipping (whether it's .50 cents or $5), I expect the shipping method to be close in value to what I paid for it (factoring in the envelope and toploader).

For example- one seller charged me $5 to ship something that I was really excited about. Great. I knew the shipping cost, and was glad to pay it to get the item. But then it showed up in a thin manilla envelope with two stamps. Is that acceptable? I say no.

It sucks that some of you guys follow everything to the T (shipping out on time, bubble mailer, protected well) and are still docked. I would hope that this wave affects mostly those that are using S&H charges to make up paypal fees and then skimp on shipping.
Well my new deal is that if I am forced to have FREE SHIPPING everyone else should also. I will DING a DSR for anything i buy from this point forward if they do not offer free SHIPPING! That should help the BELL CURVE out!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #162 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
Can you not see who/what item the DSR rating was left on? I have one 2 is shipping cost and just curious if it showed who leaves what.
Nope! The litte AHOLES can do it and they know they will not be confronted about it. THat would change alot of things if you did know as you could block them and let everyone else know to block them.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Well my new deal is that if I am forced to have FREE SHIPPING everyone else should also. I will DING a DSR for anything i buy from this point forward if they do not offer free SHIPPING! That should help the BELL CURVE out!
Are you being serious? What is your ebay ID?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #164 (permalink)

Edit: Read your reply, lol.

Last edited by crazygrover; 02-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.
crazygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #165 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Are you being serious? What is your ebay ID?
I have about 30 id's watch out! LOL. Well hell NO i am not serious. Just makes me pissed at the little AHOLES who do that.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
It does not show. However, if you can an eye on your seller dashboard, typically you have a good idea as to whom the deuche buyer is. However, you cannot contact that person, as this is strictly prohibited. Pretty stupid. They also have a paragraph in the same area stating "feedback is a way for buyers and sellers to rate each other". Pretty sure sellers only have one option when it comes to feedback.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyale81 View Post

I am also new to this discussion. I usually sell card lots and charge $2.99 for shipping up to 15 cards. If a person buys more, I give a shipping discount, use bubble mailers and send notes when items are sent. Since this is a hobby and I have to work for a living ( 12 hour days), it may take me 2 days to mail. This I note to the buyer as I personally mail and inspect everything I sell. I have a 100% transaction, but have problems because of shipping costs and delivery times. I explain this in all my auctions and hope folks understand my situation. In most cases, buyers do and I make friends with folks from all over and have repeat buyers. However, I have run into problems with shipping rates and delivery times ratings where I may also get forced off E-Bay. I attribute this to narrow-minded people who never are satisfied with anything unless it is given to them free and on a silver platter. I feel very few collectors I have dealt with fall into this category,but it doesn't take many to take the fun out of this hobby. With new tax regulation, I now have to keep track of expenses, just in case after all is done, I realize $1.00 profit. When I bid/buy, I just READ and UNDERSTAND the description and if shipping is too high, I just don't BUY. This is so EASY to do, a child can do it. I have never had to give a negative rating as a buyer. I also do not buy from anyone who has less than a 99% transaction rating. Sorry to be so long winded, but I hate to see some folks get really sour on the hobby because of these issues....
fraser_05478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #168 (permalink)

I have a buddy who switched to free shipping and he says his sales are up and he's getting better prices. He calls it the "don't think" function where the buyer knows exactly what they are going to pay for an item. His minimum listing price is $4.99, so that means the $1 and $2 cards aren't getting listed anymore.

Tempted to try it. You get automatic 5's on shipping cost and shipping time if you offer free shipping and get it mailed out in one day.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
I can sum it all up like this! The buyers that leave low DSR after purchasing an Item and knowing what the cost was before they purchased the item are just plain AHOLES. They are the type of person that would find something wrong NO MATTER how good the transaction went. There are AHOLES born everyday and the buyers that do this are just thas PLAIN OUT AHOLES. So thank you LOW DSR buyers that do this and hope you feel good about yourself. And dont come back saying $3 is too much or $3.50 is too much becuase you LOW DSR LEAVING BUYERS will find ANYTHING to Bitch about. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICE OF THE ITEM, DONT BUY THE DAMN ITEM. Just move on! But then again you could not leave LOW DSRS if you just moved on. I honestly think buyers KNOW when they buy an item they are going to DING the DSR at the moment they buy the item. Plain and simple there are just AHOLES in the world.
I agree with you 100%
bmos37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #170 (permalink)

I did not waste my time reading the entire thread, but ebay probably wants to simply do away with shipping charges. When a seller offers free shipping, ebay then makes the additional revenue off of that portion of the sale, since it is then part of the final value fee system. This is a huge boost to ebay's bottom line for offering no additional service to either the seller or buyer.
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #171 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsports View Post
I did not waste my time reading the entire thread, but ebay probably wants to simply do away with shipping charges. When a seller offers free shipping, ebay then makes the additional revenue off of that portion of the sale, since it is then part of the final value fee system. This is a huge boost to ebay's bottom line for offering no additional service to either the seller or buyer.
YOU my friend are correct. The bottom line its more $$$ for ebay. But that being said i have sold many cards this weekend offering free S&H and i am getting more than i would as i just raised my prices. So the days of buying 1$ cards on ebay are OVER. Or should i say $3 since they charged $2 for S&H. That $3 card will now cost you $3.99 min. I love it.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #172 (permalink)

talk about it . .got a card today .. shiping was $2.75 and his cost is $0.88 for him.. no dc or anything .. just $0.88 .. how many stars should i give him??? i work at night so i payed the night i won the card and took only three days to get here.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #173 (permalink)

Wouldn't it be awesome if Blowout created some sort of ebay for just cards. I know we have our B/S/T thread but something bigger like an ebay. Then all of us collectors can give ebay the finger.

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
I think alot of the hits on DSRS for shipping are when you don't get what you're charged for. Somone charges me $3.00 for shipping, and I see the paypal label shows a weight of 1oz, you're getting dinged. Better yet, the other day I paid $2.75 for shipping on one card, that came in a padded envelope with 2 regular stamps on it. Seller got dinged

If you're charging x for shipping, you better be shipping for or close to that same x
The I think when you should pony up money for shipping supplies. These are not free you know. If you are getting that stuff for free please let us all know and we save some money and pass that savings to our customers.
BloHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #175 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_FLOOD View Post
talk about it . .got a card today .. shiping was $2.75 and his cost is $0.88 for him.. no dc or anything .. just $0.88 .. how many stars should i give him??? i work at night so i payed the night i won the card and took only three days to get here.
Just say you never got the card! He has no way of proving it and you get it for free! That will teach him to start using a DC if charging that much.