Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 04:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default If this isn't shilling I don't know what is

So I find a 1941 Joe Dimaggio play ball from someone who listed it not very well. There are already a couple of bids, by two people with 0 feedback, with 100% of their bids on this auction. I send a message to the seller, trying to work a side deal, hoping the seller knows nothing about cards like was said in the description. BTW, this seller has 1 feedback, as a buyer. I bid this excellent condition Joe Dimaggio 1941 up to $500, when I finally have the lead. Later on this night, I received a message from the seller saying that it wouldn't be fair to the other people bidding, now would it? A minute or two later, I've been outbid. Now I'm no expert, but when everyone involved has a total sum of 1 feedback and an auction is listed incorrectly, something a new buyer wouldn't be looking for, how can you say this isn't shilling? And how about the fact that all these buyer's bids are for the same item? I mean, this seller could try and be a little less obvious.
SteakNchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Now I know it is really shilling. I was outbid but I won. I'm calling the cops (eBay) on this one.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Shill bidding at any auction in the US is against the law but eBay don't care as long as they get all their fees. I think there should be a 3rd party that over sees eBay and their ethics.
BloHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloHockeyNut View Post
Shill bidding at any auction in the US is against the law but eBay don't care as long as they get all their fees. I think there should be a 3rd party that over sees eBay and their ethics.
Ever heard of a forgery? eBay don't care.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
I send a message to the seller, trying to work a side deal, hoping the seller knows nothing about cards like was said in the description.
You were hoping he knew nothing about the card so you could take advantage of him? What a nice guy you are.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote