Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Shipping that takes a month??

I purchased my 4th Jesse Biddle Orange Refractor back on January 18th. The seller is from Calgary, Alberta Canada, and I'm in Philly. Looking at the listing before I won, I noticed it would be shipped within 3 days, yet the arrival time was February 8th to the 18th. I thought maybe it was just an error or something and bid away. Never thought a carrier actually had shipping that took a month to arrive. Sure enough, here I am on the 8th of February, still with no card. And he was charging $3 for shipping. And I did receive a status update from ebay a couple days after the purchase saying the card was shipped.

Now I've sent stuff to Canada, but I don't remember every getting anything from Canada. Does it actually take a month to get a card from there???

Also, I emailed the seller asking for a DC. He sent me back an email that wasn't to supportive saying nothing but,

Economy Shipping: US $3.00
Estimated delivery: February 07 - February 18

Thanks

- jp999

Not sure what Economy Shipping is in Canada, but I'm guessing they take the package and let it sit for a few weeks before actually doing any work?? Either that or my $52.00 purchase is floating around somewhere.

Here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Also, I was thinking of filing my claim on February 12th. If I don't receive it by the 18th, I'd like to get my money back the next day, being it will be a month and a day from purchase. I really shouldn't have to wait any longer.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by crazy8parlay; 02-09-2011 at 01:46 AM.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Most shipments internationally, even from Canada, could take up to a month. Unlikely but that is the standard timeline.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yep it can happen. You buy from Canada you wait.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

It does happen. Not all postal systems work at the same speed, or have the same demands. I've sent a package to an APO before, and it took 35 day to make it there. I've bought from China, Canada, amd Japan. If it wasn't sent DHL or some other carrier besides standard postal - it took at least 3 weeks on all accounts. Sorry for the delay, but it does happen. Good luck!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was told by the postal service that canada has one of the most strict mailing policies and that stuff can be held up at customs on the border for quite some time. Definitely can take a while. For what is it worth, I mailed a package to my brother in-law who lives 2 hours away w/DC and it took the USPS almost 2 weeks to deliver it. It was scanned in and then nothing for almost 2 weeks before it was actually delivered.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Happens all the time. I have 2 people I buy from quite a bit from Canada and sometime it takes 5 days and sometimes 40 days, you never know. But you should know that going in when you buy internationally.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Anything going through customs is a pain in the ass.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

look to see how much shipping from Canada to the US is before you flip out because the seller didn't include tracking. if you didn't request it and paid for the extra cost, i doubt the seller would pony up the $ for a low dollar card.

and if he shipped from his post office, eBay won't notify you that anything was shipped.
if you do file a claim and close it to get your money back, make sure you do the right thing and pay the seller again when the card arrives.
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Happens all the time. I have 2 people I buy from quite a bit from Canada and sometime it takes 5 days and sometimes 40 days, you never know. But you should know that going in when you buy internationally.
Same here. I've had things come in 5 days from Canada, but I've also had them take 30+. Just depends on if it gets held up at customs (which seems pretty random).
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Anything going through customs is a pain in the ass.
I can attest to that. I have to deal with their asses every day.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

still waiting on something i bought from a member here. been 2 weeks and waiting. never had it take that long to ship there
beaver1080 is offline   Reply With Quote