Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about COMC

I was wondering whats worth sending to COMC? are base cards worth it? I've been considering sending some there and clearing some clutter, but I'm unsure about it
clarkzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

base cards aren't, you'll want to look at sportlots for that -- with the current pricing structures, I wouldn't send anything to COMC <$2BV.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Okay thanks for the help!
clarkzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I would think that if you are already sending them a package and have some room throwing in some base cards that have a better shot at selling would be a good idea. Sending them a shipment of just base cards would indeed be a bad idea tho.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

As far as base goes, superstars and rookies from more premium / less heavily produced sets sell OK. Search for some of your cards on the site and see what the lowest price is. If there already are 147 copies with the cheapest selling for 14 cents, don't send it in.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Would they sell on COMC? Yes, but slowly over a relatively long time. But would it be worth it? No. Even if you get them sent soon so that you can still take advantage of the 15 cent processing before it goes away, you're still looking at around 17 cents per card to process them once you figure in the batch fee and shipping costs. You'll likely have to price them at 25 cents each (or less) to have a reasonable chance of selling them and to avoid racking up more long term fees. Then if you sell a bunch of them and cash the funds out, you'll lose 5 cents from every 25 cent sale in cashout fees. So in the end you'll have spent 17 cents to take in 20 cents... a 3 cent per card "profit". And given it would take a LONG time to sell through all your commons, it just isn't worth the investment in processing fees.

As another member suggested, look at sportlots for commons. You won't sell commons any faster there (they are very slow to move regardless of what you do with them) but it is absolutely free to list them there. And even if you don't sell enough in a month to take advantage of the lower fee percentages, 25% of an 18 cent sale still leaves you with more money per card when everything is said and done than you would get on COMC. But with sportlots, the cards will still be sitting around at your place, because you are the seller... as opposed to COMC where they store/ship your cards.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

4 months for a card I purchased back in March 10' scare me off.