Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do I have to sell to the winning bidder?

I just sold a card on eBay for $13. However, the winning bidder has zero feedback. To make matters worse, this is his (rather suspicious) username and address:

Edited.

Needless to say, I don't want to send the card to him (assuming he even pays).

What can I do though? Is it possible to offer the card to the second highest bidder instead? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Last edited by WillC; 02-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

You don't have to sell anything to him but unless your auction says you don't ship to China he can leave you negative feedback.

I wouldn't post someones address on a forum either especially since they did nothing wrong.
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you don't have restrictions set up in advance on your items, you have no choice but to send to him once he pays.

You cannot just offer it up to the next bidder unless you do not get paid. You're setting yourself up to get hit with a negative
Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wonder if it wouldn't be worth sending him a "filler" card to that address the cheapest way possible. Then IF he receives it, and obviously complains, tell him that you will immediately send out the card again. Then send the actual card the exact same way you sent the filler card since you know it should get there. If the address is legit, you will pay double postage. If it's not legit, you still have your card.

The sole reason of doing this is to protect yourself and not to pull something shady. Just a thought.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anyone who has shipped International before knows that Chinese addresses look just like that one. You should have set it up saying you wouldnt ship to China if you didnt want a Chinese buyer. He has the full right to leave you a negative and probably should if you dont sell.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know certain amounts of money means alot more to certain people, but its 13.00. I would suggest if you failed to set up restrictions, than you take this lesson on a 13.00 dollar card now if it doesn't work out right. Its better than a much higher dollar card. It may be allright, if not, well, make sure you change your selling restrictions the next time. Good Luck... but do the right thing.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Anyone who has shipped International before knows that Chinese addresses look just like that one. You should have set it up saying you wouldnt ship to China if you didnt want a Chinese buyer. He has the full right to leave you a negative and probably should if you dont sell.
I have shipped several packages over that way, usually basketball. The address look aweful, but all of mine have worked so far. Is his address an int'l confirmed? If not, I'd either contact paypal or make him pay for registered mail.

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have a buyer today with 8 feedback with the confirmed address of "123 Easy Street" lol

Let's see how this works out when I send it out tomorrow. lol

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I have a buyer today with 8 feedback with the confirmed address of "123 Easy Street" lol

LOL thats an awesome address! good luck with that
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Most of the international buyers who I have worked with have been pretty good and they usually asked if I ship to that country before they bid. I would try and contact them before you do anything anyway.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm actually from the UK, so I definitely have no problem shipping 'internationally' (it would be a bit ironic if I did, since I always buy cards from the States!).

I'm just very dubious about this bidder. I have no problem shipping to China but it seems strange that his username is inuendo for being jealous of someone's penis, and his address is so... odd. Sure, I know Chinese addresses are different to what we're all used to, but this one seems fake. I Googled it and it's apparently the address of a chemical business.

Anyway, he's yet to pay, so we'll see what happens.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Haha, that totally looks like a fake address from a commercial or something. But according to Google Maps there really are several of them in the country. Must be the easiest address in the world to remember!