Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Just gotta put up with ebay man. They are the best in the business period at these small dollar cards.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

If the same guy leaves you 5 low DSRs, they all count. I had someone ding me with 4 of them for charging $2.50 to ship his 4 cards with DC. Needless to say, lost discount. The system FORCES us to give free shipping, since the know thats the most dinged category
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
It's not necessarily the 20% fee discount that worries me -- if you exceed 3% (I think) 1s and 2s, eBay can (and apparently will) close your account, or limit the number of auctions you can run per month.

Either one sucks for me -- cause I tend to list auctions in big batches as opposed to a little bit at a time.
If you exceed 1% low score in Item Not As Described, you will be limited and/or banned.

The other DSR categories are 2%.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

I recently went through the same issue with EBay. Spent a little over 2-hours on the phone speaking with a foreign rep and then their supervisor who was foreign as well. I could barely understand what they were saying. Every time I asked a question, I could here them typing and they would ask me to hold on. I am guessing they were looking in their quick guide for the proper answer to give me. I am tired of being nickel & dimed to death by them and their POOR support for sellers. If there were no sellers, there would be no buyers (and vise versa). Each is equally important and both should be treated as valued customers by EBay. I did not get that feeling during my phone conversation; especially after the 45-minute wait on-hold to speak with somebody. I am actually staring to load a lot of my stuff on bidStart - Sell & Buy Collectible Stamps, Postcards, Sports Cards & Memorabilia, Books & Comics, Collectibles & Ephemera & more (StampWants) to see what kind of action I get there.
snakebit95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

That really sucks man. I love that 20% discount and am not looking forward to the day i get screwed out of mine.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #31 (permalink)

Been thinking about this eBay DSR stuff for the last two days.

What's really a shame about it all is that it just creates mistrust amongst buyers and sellers in an otherwise good system. I know I don't feel the same way about buyers anymore. Sure there are some good ones. But I have no way of knowing who they are, since all DSR's are left anonymously and I sell too many items to figure out which low DSRs were left when.

If buyers can anonymously leave low DSR's out of spite - to tarnish a competitors ratings, for example - then every buyer becomes a potential threat. This has the effect of diluting the good will in the system each and every time an unjustified low DSR is left. It is a corrupt system, gaining more and more ill will each and every time an unjustified low DSR is left. It also dilutes the power of true justified low DSR's. Since sellers have no way of knowing which DSR's are actually justified or not, they have no way of knowing how to make an informed business decision as to what policy to charge or adjust to do better business.

Why would eBay care if their DSR system is corrupt and breads mistrust? They wouldn't, of course, because the primary reason for the DSR system is to bring in more revenue for eBay by forcing sellers to offer free shipping (thus eBay makes more on Final Value Fees), or remove their 20% discount, or both.

Of course a seller can offer free shipping. This is a way to control your "shipping and handling" DSRs so they are always 5's. However, a seller has absolutely no way to control the other DSR categories, and there is nothing to stop a corrupt buyer from dinging your other DSR categories.

So really, as a seller, the only way to battle this corrupt DSR system is to raise shipping costs, since you are bound to lose your TRS status regardless, you might as well regain those lost discounts by overcharging on shipping. This has the added (perceived) benefit of lessening the amount of Fees that eBay will collect since they don't get FVF's for shipping costs. So if a seller were trying to spite eBay, charging a lot for shipping is one way to do that. However, that in turn just creates more ill-will in the system because buyers are then upset at the raised shipping costs and start dinging sellers in other categories or leaving negative feedback.

It's just such a ill-designed system that breads corruption.

It's like flushing a toilet. Gravity pulls the sh*t down. Same with corrupt DSR's, just pulls the whole system down. It has no where to go except the sewer.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 02-23-2011 at 07:31 AM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
So if a seller were trying to spite eBay, charging a lot for shipping is one way to do that.
Ebay will permanently ban you from ebay if you receive more than 2% low DSR's. Raising s/h will certainly get you kicked off ebay. Sadly, this is ebay's world - You and I just happen to live in it.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
Ebay will permanently ban you from ebay if you receive more than 2% low DSR's. Raising s/h will certainly get you kicked off ebay. Sadly, this is ebay's world - You and I just happen to live in it.
Yeah, I know I just said a bunch of eBay crap people already know. Just feels better to organize it a bit in my head and spit it out in writing.

I think there are sellers that are getting away with overcharging for shipping, say $3.00 or something. They only pocket $1-$1.5 per transactions, but still that's fees that eBay isn't seeing. That's what I meant by overcharging. I think $3 is a range where you won't get booted off eBay (yet), but you'll lose your TRS and 20%. I think a lot of big time sellers have settled on that. Maybe?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I know I just said a bunch of eBay crap people already know. Just feels better to organize it a bit in my head and spit it out in writing.

I think there are sellers that are getting away with overcharging for shipping, say $3.00 or something. They only pocket $1-$1.5 per transactions, but still that's fees that eBay isn't seeing. That's what I meant by overcharging. I think $3 is a range where you won't get booted off eBay (yet), but you'll lose your TRS and 20%. I think a lot of big time sellers have settled on that. Maybe?
I don't sell as much as you but the 3,50$ formula works really well for me and, so far, my DSR is ok.

I know it's more than what I pay but screw ebay. Most buyers will factor in the 3,50$in the final price and the minority who complains about it will complain anyway even if it's free.

So I pack well, ship fast and try to keep the prices low so the majority is happy.

It's kind of sad to have to bend out of shape just to please Ebay and a handful of Buyers who are basically the worst fear of every sellers (retail or ebay).
Old 02-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay, I am now on the "eBay is a pile of smelly dog crap and I don't want another penny of my business to go to those jerks" team. I hope I am welcome.

I'm going to lose my top-rated seller status and 20% discount on 03/20 because I've received 4 low DSR's for shipping and handling in the last 3 months.

I've always charged exact cost for shipping, or free shipping. 2 oz = $1.58, 3 oz = $1.75, etc. On BIN's I've also been doing free shipping.

I contacted eBay, and they are going to let it happen. Same blah blah barf that comes out of their mouths.

What bothers me the most is this: I've had ZERO (0) low DSR's for all of my feedback up until this afternoon, when all of a sudden, FOUR (4) new low DSR's show up in my shipping and handling charges, even though my eBay feedback rating changed by ONE (1) number.

This morning I had a rating of 932 with ZERO low DSR's, and now I have a feedback rating of 933, and FOUR (4) low DSR's. How the h*ll is that possible. eBay would not answer that either. They play dumb, or say please hold, and then come back and change the subject.

I'm so pissed right now. This is really going to hurt too because I've got like 15K of product coming over the next month and I need to be selling it to make some money back. Ugh.

Sigh...

D*mn, and when others would post and b*tch about eBay, I'd think to myself, yeah yeah, well now I understand. Man, this can be frustrating.
This is exactly what happened to me. eBay won't help you its a waste of time to try. They can't even tell you who left the low DSRs so that you can attempt to fix them (which I don't think can be done anyways). This makes it so easy for a competitor or just a plain old jealous jerk to buy a cheaper item and ding you with low DSRs to screw your Top-rated/Powerseller distinction.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #36 (permalink)

And now since your TSR is gone, you will no longer be given preference to be shown at the top of the list for searches. You're now amongst the masses with the rest of us now regular sellers & probably have to be the lowest price to get a sale.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer
Default BIDSTART looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebit95 View Post
Hecka cheap fees and free listing. Gonna take a shot
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
Hecka cheap fees and free listing. Gonna take a shot
YES! That is what I thought too.
snakebit95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

IT'S TIME TO BOYCOTT eBAY!

WE NEED TO GET THE TRADING CARD COMMUNITY TOGETHER TO ANOTHER SITE THAT WANTS OUR BUSINESS AND RESPECTS THE RIGHTS OF THE SELLER, ALONG WITH THE BUYER

I'M STARTING A THREAD AND I WANT TO START HEARING IDEAS
Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #40 (permalink)

It's not impossible to bring down Goliath. The 500 pound gorilla can be stopped if it is not fed bananas anymore. Look what's happening in the middle east. And you know how it happened?............ communication.

I bet if you started a facebook protest (like the people in Egypt used it to organize) if enough people got behind it ebay would certainly listen. Remember right now they are being sued for it so people are fed up......you just have to organize against them the same way you take the time out to organize your cards.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Join my rant:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...ml#post1107270
Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Exactly, great post! I stopped selling on ebay and started a totally new business(which doesnt rely on ebay).
Ebay is making Sellers and buyers "battle" each other while "EBAY" is laughing and bringing in the money. Ebay is the evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Been thinking about this eBay DSR stuff for the last two days.

What's really a shame about it all is that it just creates mistrust amongst buyers and sellers in an otherwise good system. I know I don't feel the same way about buyers anymore. Sure there are some good ones. But I have no way of knowing who they are, since all DSR's are left anonymously and I sell too many items to figure out which low DSRs were left when.

If buyers can anonymously leave low DSR's out of spite - to tarnish a competitors ratings, for example - then every buyer becomes a potential threat. This has the effect of diluting the good will in the system each and every time an unjustified low DSR is left. It is a corrupt system, gaining more and more ill will each and every time an unjustified low DSR is left. It also dilutes the power of true justified low DSR's. Since sellers have no way of knowing which DSR's are actually justified or not, they have no way of knowing how to make an informed business decision as to what policy to charge or adjust to do better business.

Why would eBay care if their DSR system is corrupt and breads mistrust? They wouldn't, of course, because the primary reason for the DSR system is to bring in more revenue for eBay by forcing sellers to offer free shipping (thus eBay makes more on Final Value Fees), or remove their 20% discount, or both.

Of course a seller can offer free shipping. This is a way to control your "shipping and handling" DSRs so they are always 5's. However, a seller has absolutely no way to control the other DSR categories, and there is nothing to stop a corrupt buyer from dinging your other DSR categories.

So really, as a seller, the only way to battle this corrupt DSR system is to raise shipping costs, since you are bound to lose your TRS status regardless, you might as well regain those lost discounts by overcharging on shipping. This has the added (perceived) benefit of lessening the amount of Fees that eBay will collect since they don't get FVF's for shipping costs. So if a seller were trying to spite eBay, charging a lot for shipping is one way to do that. However, that in turn just creates more ill-will in the system because buyers are then upset at the raised shipping costs and start dinging sellers in other categories or leaving negative feedback.

It's just such a ill-designed system that breads corruption.

It's like flushing a toilet. Gravity pulls the sh*t down. Same with corrupt DSR's, just pulls the whole system down. It has no where to go except the sewer.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #43 (permalink)

Well, hello, two month old thread, nice to see you again!
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Well, hello, two month old thread, nice to see you again!
Very important to keep up the Anti - Ebay threads up. Because EBAY keeps on screwing the sellers daily.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'm actually digging eBay now that I switched to all free shipping USA and minimal Intl shipping. ($1.99 Canada, $2.99 worldwide) First off I save time not having to figure out shipping costs. Buyers are also much happier and tend to leave positive feedback at a higher rate. I have also noticed a slight increase in the amount buyers are willing to bid when the item has free shipping, although this is not always true. But buyers are much more willing to buy multiple items, and then because I ship in one package, the actually shipping cost is diluted over a couple/few items.

The only downside is I'm losing money by absorbing all shipping costs. And put that on top of the fact that cases are often overpriced, it makes it really hard to be a case breaker these days. If 2011 Bowman and 2011 TTT aren't big hits for me, I'm going to have to call it quits on case breaking in the bulk I am doing.

Sure eBay is an imperfect system. But worse than that are the card manufacturers, way overcharging for some products they KNOW who's value is 50% of the case price, sometimes even worse. Look at 10-11 Classics NBA which is looking to be 25% value of the case cost. What is Panini thinking? And it doesn't even look like many people bought this turd. Cases don't seem to be selling anywhere. I'll bet Panini is sitting on 1000's of cases at the factory. And it's not their first bomb, so why do they keep doing it? They aren't the only guilty ones either. These companies know what the value is of cards coming out of their products. Why can't they price cases at only 25% above cost. Why produce a product who's value is only 25%, and then the product just sits on shelves, even Panini's shelves. It just hurts everyone, even themselves.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Enjoy it while you can. Ebay will change a policy and screw up your system. The problem with ebay is the changing of policies too often. Fees are actually fair for the exposure, It is the policy changes that screw everything up. No business can be successful if policies/laws/rent/lease etc change every couple of months. No doubt ebay is the best for selling, but ebay is absolutely not the best in customer relations. What people dont realize is the the SELLERS are the paying customers TOO Ebay. Ebay expects sellers to treat buyers with total customer satisfaction, while ebay treats its customers(SELLERS) with total UN-satisfaction . If ebay was its OWN customers, they would be banned the first day by breaking all its own rules/polices..lol wtf???
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Did that Crazy Ebay shopping Cart thing start yet?????
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I'm actually digging eBay now that I switched to all free shipping USA and minimal Intl shipping. ($1.99 Canada, $2.99 worldwide) First off I save time not having to figure out shipping costs. Buyers are also much happier and tend to leave positive feedback at a higher rate. I have also noticed a slight increase in the amount buyers are willing to bid when the item has free shipping, although this is not always true. But buyers are much more willing to buy multiple items, and then because I ship in one package, the actually shipping cost is diluted over a couple/few items.

The only downside is I'm losing money by absorbing all shipping costs. And put that on top of the fact that cases are often overpriced, it makes it really hard to be a case breaker these days. If 2011 Bowman and 2011 TTT aren't big hits for me, I'm going to have to call it quits on case breaking in the bulk I am doing.

Sure eBay is an imperfect system. But worse than that are the card manufacturers, way overcharging for some products they KNOW who's value is 50% of the case price, sometimes even worse. Look at 10-11 Classics NBA which is looking to be 25% value of the case cost. What is Panini thinking? And it doesn't even look like many people bought this turd. Cases don't seem to be selling anywhere. I'll bet Panini is sitting on 1000's of cases at the factory. And it's not their first bomb, so why do they keep doing it? They aren't the only guilty ones either. These companies know what the value is of cards coming out of their products. Why can't they price cases at only 25% above cost. Why produce a product who's value is only 25%, and then the product just sits on shelves, even Panini's shelves. It just hurts everyone, even themselves.

That's why Panini is going to its new Minimal Advertised Price system. Theyre putting out the same garbage (or even worse)but theyre forcing people not to drop the price on it.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #49 (permalink)

I hardly ever buy or sell on Ebay anymore, especially with the new shipping fees ontop of FVF and Paypal fees. But I must say after seeing someone post awhile ago that they charge $3.50 for shipping and KNOW they overcharge is the reason I give a good 'ol 1-2 stars for shipping cost