Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default leaving feedback..............

i got a message from a buyer saying that he wants to bid on some more of my auctions but won't bid until i leave him feedback because he doesn't buy from sellers who don't leave feedback.

i find this extremely funny.... it's like he's trying to threaten me into leaving feedback.

i leave feedback in bulk once a month. but i think i'll wait until my auctions end, then leave him feedback.

i hate the entire feedback system.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

That's why feedback is optional. Maybe you should remind him of that! lol
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm missing about 6500 Feedbacks sure would be nice if they would have been posted, that climb to 10,000 is like a stairway that never ends lol.
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

that buyer needs to be reminded tha he isn't the only registered user on ebay. what a douche lol
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Does he also want you to send him the item first and then pay you in installments?

I leave feedback in bulk, after payment, I dont, whenever, it just depends.

BB

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

He wants to raise his feedback, and he feels that that's the best way to accomplish this. He doesn't want to bid on your other items. He is trying to use this as a ruse to get you to leave feedback.

We all have different ways around this. I don't like e-mails asking for feedback, so I leave it when I get paid. It doesn't make my way any better than yours or any other's.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

We've dicussed this quite a bit on here and while the feedback system is set up pretty simple, alot of us are different in the way we handle it. While one of my pet peeves is people who don't leave feedback for a smooth transaction, I don't take the time to bother sellers for it after I leave it for them.
With all of the buyer scammers holding feedback over your head these days I NEVER leave feedback for something I sold until they get the card and leave it for me. I know I don't sell junk and I don't take forever to ship so I'm not going to get some BS negative from some ahole trying to get something for free. While it isn't life or death, I actually do care about my feedback rating.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Just a buyer's perspective...

Maybe he's hung-up on increasing his FB. Me, I post when I get time

Last edited by Jonclaude4; 09-20-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Jonclaude4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

i fully intend on leaving feedback...... but it's gonna happen when i normally get to it. i do appreciate his business, but i find it funny that he's holding his business "hostage" until i post feedback.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Go Steelers- I am like you in that I only leave feedback in bulk once a month. While I can appreciate the buyer of yours that responded on here what they dont get it most of us have regular jobs and do Ebay on the side. I have limited time to scan and list and then I make certain my items ship out within 24 hours 48 hours max. I actually had a buyer rip me a new one because I didnt leave his feedback immediately when he wanted it. He went on a tangent about how sick he was of sellers making excuses. I told him I leave feedback once a month, have another full time job and would rather concentrate on getting items out safe and quick but his feedback will be left in the near future. He responded by telling me feedback was a responsibility and I had my priorities mixed up. I just told him to buy from someone who doesnt ship for 2 or 3 weeks but really was floored by his reaction. You sell decent cards at cheap prices and go out of your way to give great service and still you cant win with guys like this. So if someone doesnt want to buy from me because of my feedback policy oh well.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I actually had a buyer rip me a new one because I didnt leave his feedback immediately when he wanted it. He went on a tangent about how sick he was of sellers making excuses. I told him I leave feedback once a month, have another full time job and would rather concentrate on getting items out safe and quick but his feedback will be left in the near future. He responded by telling me feedback was a responsibility and I had my priorities mixed up. I just told him to buy from someone who doesnt ship for 2 or 3 weeks but really was floored by his reaction.
Sounds like this guy and some others have the Feedback Addiction and they need their fix...
yazevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

good topic

Last edited by Jonclaude4; 12-14-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Thoughts...
Jonclaude4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default Feedback

I think it is funny that most of the sellers on this forum are always complaining about buyers that they get and how unreasonable that they are(and there are scammers out there).But here you are complaining about a buyer that (I'm assuming here)has sent you payment for your item in a reasonable time and has left you feedback.You receive an E-mail about feedback and you hide behind the fact that you have a full-time job,that it is optional,and/or you are just tooooo busy.You can't have it both ways.I sell/buy on Ebay and I keep a list of members that I will not do business with in the future.I have a small criteria that I follow:Communication that item is being sent/paid,Item paid/sent for in a reasonable time,and receiving feedback for/from both parties.I like to receive the same kind of service that I give.If you can't leave feedback in a reasonable time,maybe you are selling to many items.

Just remember,just like in business,if it wasn't for that buyer your item(s) would stay in your home.Not making a profit.
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

who's complaining? i just wanted to say how funny i think it is that a buyer would take the time to tell me that he will no longer give me his business if i don't leave him feedback. i could care less if he leaves me feedback or not. but I WILL leave him feedback when i normally do.

eBay considers a reasonable amount of time to be 90 days, so i don't think once a month is unreasonable.

and if anyone thinks they don't want to business with me, my eBay id is go_steelers07 so make a note of it.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I have to agree with steelers here. I hate the emails I get from buyers who 1 week after the item ends who want to know when they will get their item. if you look at my feedback you can see there is never an issue with getting the item. Yes sometime i am slow at shipping and wait 3-4 days to ship an item because their are other auctions that are going to end and i do not really like going to the post office every day of the week. Buyers do need to understand most sellers on ebay only do it as a hobby and we do have a life outside of ebay and I for one have to leave town for work for atleast 1 week out of the month. Anyways just wanted to drop my humble opinion on this topic. Also as a buyer I do not get worried about my item until 3 weeks after payment. I think that is plenty of time to get the item shipped. Not 3 days like some buyers.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to kanga96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
We've dicussed this quite a bit on here and while the feedback system is set up pretty simple, alot of us are different in the way we handle it. While one of my pet peeves is people who don't leave feedback for a smooth transaction, I don't take the time to bother sellers for it after I leave it for them.
With all of the buyer scammers holding feedback over your head these days I NEVER leave feedback for something I sold until they get the card and leave it for me. I know I don't sell junk and I don't take forever to ship so I'm not going to get some BS negative from some ahole trying to get something for free. While it isn't life or death, I actually do care about my feedback rating.
I agree with BAMBAM.

If im buying items (which is more often than selling) and recieved the items - i leave feedback. Dont really care if seller returns feedback.

But if im selling - i wait for buyer feedback first..(stated on all items that i sell)
kanga96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Go Steelers- I am like you in that I only leave feedback in bulk once a month. While I can appreciate the buyer of yours that responded on here what they dont get it most of us have regular jobs and do Ebay on the side. I have limited time to scan and list and then I make certain my items ship out within 24 hours 48 hours max. I actually had a buyer rip me a new one because I didnt leave his feedback immediately when he wanted it. He went on a tangent about how sick he was of sellers making excuses. I told him I leave feedback once a month, have another full time job and would rather concentrate on getting items out safe and quick but his feedback will be left in the near future. He responded by telling me feedback was a responsibility and I had my priorities mixed up. I just told him to buy from someone who doesnt ship for 2 or 3 weeks but really was floored by his reaction. You sell decent cards at cheap prices and go out of your way to give great service and still you cant win with guys like this. So if someone doesnt want to buy from me because of my feedback policy oh well.
Emails like that are best edited with the delete button my friend. I don't bother responding to them anymore.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Personally I find it very easy to leave FB when payment is received/address package as I verify the buyer/card match up. I also use it as an accounting tool to aid me in receiving payment but forgetting to send out the item.

Yes, there are a ton of scammers and those who abuse the FB system(all of my negatives are retalatory from non-paying bidders), but to me, nothing is worse than a seller who receives their $ in a timely manner and refuses to leave FB for a buyer unless they also receive FB first. Many I find who do this charge 4-6.00 for a single card with no services or ship 10-14 days after payment received.

The best approach is to do unto others as you would wish to have done to you. Unfortunately, not all play by the same rules.
nucemcsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucemcsw View Post
Personally I find it very easy to leave FB when payment is received/address package as I verify the buyer/card match up. I also use it as an accounting tool to aid me in receiving payment but forgetting to send out the item.

Yes, there are a ton of scammers and those who abuse the FB system(all of my negatives are retalatory from non-paying bidders), but to me, nothing is worse than a seller who receives their $ in a timely manner and refuses to leave FB for a buyer unless they also receive FB first. Many I find who do this charge 4-6.00 for a single card with no services or ship 10-14 days after payment received.

The best approach is to do unto others as you would wish to have done to you. Unfortunately, not all play by the same rules.
eBay is so slanted toward the buyer that withholding feedback until it is received is the only protection we have.

I use the excuse that I have automatic feedback that leaves feedback when I get it.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

And I ask again, what exactly are you "protecting"? Dead horse. I know.

I do what nucemcsw does for the same reason. Makes accounting easier.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
And I ask again, what exactly are you "protecting"? Dead horse. I know.

I do what nucemcsw does for the same reason. Makes accounting easier.
Against feedback extortion.