Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Ebay problem please Help!

I recently sold a Ehire Adrianza Orange Auto on Ebay. It was only the second time I have sold anything on Ebay. After my auction ended the guy sends me an email and talks me down on the price. I send a price back to meet in the middle he says ok and asks me to put it back up as buy it now with that price. I was happy to sell it as I was going to use the money to buy a box on Blowout which I already did. The buyer sends me an email right after and says can you please send it today. I send it that day in a bubble mailer with two cases on each side and cardstock taped on top of those. He apparently got it today and sends me an email saying:

"The card has a FAT crease on the back! Thanks for the heads up! You say no returns but I definitely don't want it."

I write him back saying there wasn't a crease on it when I sent it and I wouldn't have tried selling it on ebay if there was a crease and I was very sorry. He sends a reply:

"You packaged it up PERFECT and secure, there is NO way it could have gotten the crease it has with the packaging you used. I am hoping you will make an exeption for the return policy as this card is no longer of any interest. I understand centering issues and other imperfections but the crease in too much to be OK with."

I dont know what to do, I know there wasn't a crease on it. I know it. I am not like that. I think he is trying to rip me off and I am already over Ebay. I don't think I will go through this again. I am sorry if this user is on this board but this is not cool. I don't know what to respond with because I feel like I am getting screwed. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would ask for him to send a scan of it.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't think there's much you can do other than ask him to mail the card back and refund him. How much was the sale for? I always insure items over $20 so if they are damamaged then USPS pays for it. If the buyer won't send it back then I would be very suspicious. You need to ask him for proof of damage. Now of course this doesn't guarantee that he won't crease it himself, but hard to believe he would damage a card he wanted just to get money back when he could easily sell it himself.

As a seller you are obligated to get the merch to him in the condition described, and that's where USPS insurance, and even pictures/scans of your higher priced merch before sending them out are important. You have to cover all bases. Sorry about that.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

send this guy a email that reads the following:

"Hey idiot. I said no returns. I already meet in the middle dude.
If you want to return the card, be a man and bring it in person.
And when you show up i will throw mountain dew on you and then
release my pet bees to attack you. It may cost you hundres of dollars
to return the card in person, but that is what a real man would do. See
you soon you chump!!"

I guarntee this email would settle it.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

You're right. I should have insured it. I screwed up there. He bought it for $55. I think he is mad about that and wants his money back.
I know that I probably won't use eBay again. I'm all stressed out cause I feel like this guy is accusing me of being shady.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post

you soon you chump!!"

I have to admit. I like this idea.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Can we have the Ebay ID so we can block? Thanks and not much you can do when someone decides to be a doosher on Ebay. Just have him send the card back to you and when you get it, refund the money, or you can just take the negative and be done with it. Sorry man.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unfortunately as a seller there's nothing you can do but refund the money. You should NEVER haggle over what the guy bid. If he wins for $20, you shouldn't go down to $15. He bid $20 in the first place. As far as he goes, refund the money, block his ID, and chalk it up to experience. There are a lot of idiot sickos out there that sellers have to be on guard for.

Good luck brother.
2011 Leaf Valiant ICHIRO auto 12/25
ltscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

If everything you say is true than this guy is just a total dirtbag scammer it sounds like. You should have never haggled with the guy on a different price after the auction ended to begin with. What is his ebay username?
dizzydolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

UserID is grippermcd, right?

...but he left you positive feedback. Did you guys resolve it?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydolse View Post
If everything you say is true than this guy is just a total dirtbag scammer it sounds like. You should have never haggled with the guy on a different price after the auction ended to begin with. What is his ebay username?
His username is grippermcd. Once again if he is on here sorry that I am totally trashing you but I know it wasn't creased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltscards View Post
Unfortunately as a seller there's nothing you can do but refund the money. You should NEVER haggle over what the guy bid. If he wins for $20, you shouldn't go down to $15. He bid $20 in the first place. As far as he goes, refund the money, block his ID, and chalk it up to experience. There are a lot of idiot sickos out there that sellers have to be on guard for.

Good luck brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
Can we have the Ebay ID so we can block? Thanks and not much you can do when someone decides to be a doosher on Ebay. Just have him send the card back to you and when you get it, refund the money, or you can just take the negative and be done with it. Sorry man.
Thanks. I might just take the negative. I was talking it over with my wife and she says the idiot is shady and if I did ask him to ship it back he would probably screw it up on purpose but that is probably what I will do.
Thanks again for the good words.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
UserID is grippermcd, right?

...but he left you positive feedback. Did you guys resolve it?
He just sent it today. I did not look if he gave me positive feedback.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for the head's up, that doosher is on my blocked list. Also, as you probably learned, once the auction is over don't haggle, if they don't want to pay what they bid, just file the NPB, block the bidder and let Ebay do it's thing. Then relist it and go along your merry way. Most buyer's on Ebay are great, but there are some extreme morons out there, sorry bro!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadaver View Post
He just sent it today. I did not look if he gave me positive feedback.
So yeah he did give me positive feedback.... I don't get it. I think I am just going to leave it alone. I think he is trying to scam me. He might even be on this board and saw this post and left it after that. I guess unless he pushes the issue I am going to leave it be.

Thanks for all the positive posts to try and help me. Ebay is too stressfull. I think I am already done selling.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
So yeah he did give me positive feedback.... I don't get it. I think I am just going to leave it alone. I think he is trying to scam me. He might even be on this board and saw this post and left it after that. I guess unless he pushes the issue I am going to leave it be.

Thanks for all the positive posts to try and help me. Ebay is too stressfull. I think I am already done selling.
If he left a positive it's a done deal....... I always scan and date the scan of the card on the day of mailing it out. It's a hassle but at least I have proof of the cards condition on the day I mailed it out.

Last edited by Chris; 02-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post

you soon you chump!!"

7th grade must have been very difficult for you this year. hopefully 8th grade will treat you better.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
7th grade must have been very difficult for you this year. hopefully 8th grade will treat you better.
maybe it's hog
Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Just out of curiousity.

Was the card serial numbered and do you know what the serial number is??

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is trying to switch cards. He might have had a damaged one and in turn will send it to you because you sent him a nice one.

I always post the actual serial number in the listing to prevent this.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
Just out of curiousity.

Was the card serial numbered and do you know what the serial number is??

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is trying to switch cards. He might have had a damaged one and in turn will send it to you because you sent him a nice one.

I always post the actual serial number in the listing to prevent this.
Yeah it is 25/25.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah it is 25/25.
I'm guessing it's numbered on the back. So send him an email and ask him for a scan or photo showing the full back of the card. If it's the actual card, then you have no choice but to refund him his money. It was obviously either damaged without you seeing it, or damaged during transit.

Sucks, but it happens.

I don't think he would damage the card on purpose.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well today I was given notice that he filed a case against me on ebay. Can I ignore it and just get dinged? He already gave me positive for the sale. Not too sure how I can fight it. This guy is scamming me big time. Multiple people saw it and know it wasn't creased.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Well today I was given notice that he filed a case against me on ebay. Can I ignore it and just get dinged? He already gave me positive for the sale. Not too sure how I can fight it. This guy is scamming me big time. Multiple people saw it and know it wasn't creased.
Unless you've gotten the card back, he is probably mailing an empty envelope to a business in your ZIP to "prove" he returned the merchandise. At least that's what I've heard from sellers on here.

Dude was shady from the get-go on haggling price after winning. F that sh. Not only that but you had to list it again at a BIN and pay the fees? Sorry, that should have raised some flags that the guy was out to get you.

You can't ignore the case. If you ignore it, they will, by default, give the guy his money back. The best thing that you can hope for is that he actually sent the card back to you. You will have to refund his money if he shows proof of delivery to your ZIP code regardless of your positive feedback.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

video tape yourself opening the return package. also for future reference, your "return policy" is irrelevant. ebay ignores it in cases.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

he already left you positive feedback; Ebay will close the case in your favor given his positive feedback.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Don't ignore...wait until the card is returned and refund the money through the eBay claim. You have 10 days to respond. I usually wait 9 and then respond in a case like this...

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote