Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Shipping question

Okay, I was hoping people could help me out here. I want to print shipping labels through Paypal, but I was wondering if you had to have label paper or some type of printer for it to work.
And even if you do need label paper, can you print it on regular paper and tape it on the bubble mailer?
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Okay, I was hoping people could help me out here. I want to print shipping labels through Paypal, but I was wondering if you had to have label paper or some type of printer for it to work.
And even if you do need label paper, can you print it on regular paper and tape it on the bubble mailer?
You can use a label printer or a regular 8.5x11 paper printer. I use a DYMO LabelWriter 4XL, but I ship out donzens of cards per week, sometimes in the hundreds. If you are just doing a few, most people just use paper printing, cut and tape the paper to the bubble mailer. Label printers can be expensive so people try to avoid that cost if they can.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can get knock-off labels that go through a laser printer relative cheap on Amazon. I've been buying those in bulk for about a year now with no issues.

Do not buy the Avery label packages for laser printers at Staples unless you want to be totally ripped off.

Like Alex said though, unless you're doing a bunch of shipments I'd just use regular paper and tape it on.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the replies, I'll be using regular paper and taping it on.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I started years ago doing hte 8.5x11 printouts, cutting them and taping them to the packages. I'd recommend doing this in stages. Much easier transition (and cheaper).

Then look into the stick 8x11 1/2 sheet self stick labels. I've got a bunch of these, but I think shipping them to someone might not be cost effective for just a few. At one point think I was just under .40 per sheet (think it was around .18 per label when I broke down my costs). But this eliminated the cutting and taping and really speed up the process.

I joined the lazer printer crowd 2 years ago and wish I had done it sooner but at the same time when/if it goes, I'll be back to the other way for a while as if you dont catch the label maker on sale, its really pricy for the average person to use.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a brother QL570 thermal printer -- I'll never go back.

I did the cut and tape thing for a long time, then I used the adhesive labels. The thermal labels are my favorites.