Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paypal Holding Funds

Hey everyone,

I just got a notice from paypal saying they are putting a "Temporary Hold on Funds Pending Investgation" becuase I may be the recipient of "unathorized funds". Anyone else come across this?

My guess is that someone who shouldn't have had access to the buyers account got access and bought stuff.

Thankfully I have not sent the merchandise yet, since this has all unfolded very quickly. I guess I need to wait until paypal resolves the issue before I ship, but then I run the risk of getting dinged on the DSRs. Ugh! I guess that's better than being out the product and the money.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Im not sure if this pertains to what your talking about or If I got "duped". I bought a card within the past few weeks on ebay for a solid amount, over $500 as a BIN/BO. The seller told me he couldnt send out the card to me until I left feedback...Apparently paypal put a hold on the money until feedback was left. Well I wanted the card so I left the feedback. First though I did some research to see If I could still open a case against him If I had already left feedback, and I could. I left feedback, 5 minutes later I had my DC, 3 days later had my card!! I was leery though, cause I had not heard of it, but again, wanted my card badly enough to leave feedback first.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Be very careful its not a scan

be VERY careful with emails like that there are a lot of scammers out
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike barnes View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen lots of scam emails like this before, but this one looked more legit so I logged into my paypal account and sure enough it says funds are being held.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike barnes View Post

EXACTLY!

Many email clients, like gmail, will post links inside emails, and the link will look legit. But if you mouse over the link and look at the lower left of your browser window, the actual link goes to some fake website. Those fake websites gather your password, and then they have access to your account. If you think you've been "fished" like this, change your eBay and PayPal passwords ASAP. (and any other password using the same password)

I NEVER click on links in an email message I get from eBay or PayPal. If I get an email that I think is legit, I just go to my eBay or PayPal accounts and take care of business there.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote