|03-01-2011, 08:36 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Msg From Ebay: Suspicious Ebayer Alert
E-mail from Ebay...I need to check if I shipped anything to him!
MC098 Suspicious buyer for item
We had to cancel bids for the following buyer because they aren't registered on eBay:
Please don't complete the transaction and don't ship the item. You may have received an email saying the buyer has paid. However, that's probably a fake message. To check if you actually received a payment, please log in to your PayPal account. Also, be sure to report fake emails to us. For more information, visit:
How do I report emails that might be fake (spoof)?
If you've already shipped the item and didn't receive a payment, you can request a final value fee credit for the listing. To find out how, go to:
Requesting a final value fee credit
To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit:
Requiring immediate payment
Also, please consider taking the following action:
1. Contact the company that was used to send payment to verify whether funds have cleared.
2. If the funds are fraudulent, contact law enforcement in the buyer's area and give them the buyer's name, address, phone number, and any other information that may be helpful. If someone is assigned to your case, please ask them to contact us so that we can help with the investigation.
3. Contact the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment on the package.
4. If you used the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to ship the package, consider filing a complaint at:
5. File a complaint with the National Consumers League's (NCL) Fraud Center at:
Welcome to fraud.org, online home of NCL's Fraud Center
If you have any concerns or questions, click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.
We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for continuing to work with us.