Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
apparently you haven't seen the google ads that are plastered all over ebay.

never bite the hand that feeds you.. in this case, ebay is the hand that helps feed google.
never bite the hand that feeds you?? apparently ebay doesnt mind biting the hands off of its sellers!
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

Location: Originally from Indiana, currently live in New York

for those who use COMC: when you cashout via Paypal, are you charged paypal fees on top of the COMC 20% cashout fee?
stang66dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

I found it funny back 5 or 6 years ago when ebay was pushing "Real Ebay Stores". And as soon as they got all these people invested in property and other things, they pushed the fees up on them.

Anyone see these stores around anymore??
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

why does ebay/paypal just get it over with and charge us the fees all at once , i mean how many people dont use paypal on ebay
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Just got this feedback from a seller on one of my ebay breaks.

Now this is the first rating I've gotten today. This morning when I checked my ebay feedback I had a 4.8 for shipping. Yet this guy says "10 stars if I could", but my shipping rating went down to 4.7.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
Just got this feedback from a seller on one of my ebay breaks.

Now this is the first rating I've gotten today. This morning when I checked my ebay feedback I had a 4.8 for shipping. Yet this guy says "10 stars if I could", but my shipping rating went down to 4.7.
Just do a bunch of free shipping auctions, like a couple dozen of them, and that will run your DSR's back up. Then you can go back to charging for shipping.

I cycle in free shipping listings about once a month or so.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Just do a bunch of free shipping auctions, like a couple dozen of them, and that will run your DSR's back up. Then you can go back to charging for shipping.

I cycle in free shipping listings about once a month or so.
.. So free shipping defaults to a 5 star rating for shipping charge? That's good, I thought that it would just not go towards your shipping rating.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
why hasnt GOOGLE formed an auction site???
google is an advertising company. they don't need the hassle of running an auction site full of people complaining about everything, lol
Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer
Default The cost of customer service per transaction vs. the average fees brought in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care4Card View Post
How do they lose money with collectibles?

I don't get that one
The #1 customer service cost for eBay is 'Electronics'
#2 is 'Collectibles'

Now, what's an average electronic sell for? $100? Lots of fees
Avg collectible, especially sports cards? $5?

Is it cost effective to pay employees to research a $5 item they collected $.45 on?

Do you wanna know why they hang up on you when you make a complaint about a buyer?

Why is eBay so buyer friendly and not seller friendly?

Why is eBay bringing in more corporate factory direct sellers?

It doesn't take much thought to put this all together. And it's only going to get worse!

Feel free to PM me about anything I post
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

I'd like to file a suit against ebay for "WASTING MY TIME", in various forms of the term.

1. Back a couple years ago, I wanted to buy a 40" Flat Panel Sony Bravia. I bid on one TV and won. I try to pay for it through paypal and I get a "seller cannot accept paypal at this time". Funny being ebay says you can only pay with paypal?? So I call ebay and paypal about it. They tell me to contact the seller and ask them for another form of payment. I tell CS, why would I want to pay another way where I will have no protection against the seller? What if the product doesn't work, or never gets here? They said that would be between the seller and I because paypal had nothing to do with it. Of course they have "ebay buyer protection" now.

2. So I forget all about that TV and move on to another one. Wouldn't you know, the same exact thing happened. Seller can't accept paypal. And in the listing "Seller only accepts paypal." How can they sell if they don't have paypal and paypal is the only form of payment????

I purchased my TV on Amazon. LOVE IT! Bravia 1080P 40". 2 years later and I could sell it used for almost what I paid for it.

Either way, I spent hours watching those two listings and doing research on those TV's just I knew what I was bidding on. Only to have my winning bids worthless because of ebay allowing stupidity and not checking to see if the seller has a paypal account.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
#2 is 'Collectibles'

Is it cost effective to pay employees to research a $5 item they collected $.45 on?

Do you wanna know why they hang up on you when you make a complaint about a buyer?

It doesn't take much thought to put this all together. And it's only going to get worse!

and for every 100 buck piece of electronics how many 5 buck cards sell....... 35 cents each pp transaction to start will ......
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #62 (permalink)

Default Did all you sellers get your lovely eBay email today?

Got mine at lunch and nearly choked. The gist of the email is that coming soon, eBay will be charging the final value fees on the price of the item PLUS the price of shipping. There is a thread in the off topic, but I spend more time here and thought I would get your reactions...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #63 (permalink)

Guess this means alot more deals will be made here on Blowout!
Isaacx890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacx890 View Post
guess this means alot more deals will be made here on blowout!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #65 (permalink)

So are they going to eliminate DSR's for Basement Internet Morons from ruining your seller score and your discount because the Bubble Mailer that you charged $2.00 for only cost $1.39 in postage?

I just knew it was a matter of time before Ebay did this.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #66 (permalink)

Got mine, thanks for making sure I got it safely lol. Phuckin fleabay!!! Now I wonder if BO will let us spam our other alternatives of free sites to sell on or even our own website if we aren't dealing in wax & sh?t like that??
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
#2 is 'Collectibles'

Good Point made...

E-Bay has been trying to weed out the collectors like most of us are and favor the much bigger sellers where E-Bay makes larger profits. Lately, they have favored the buyers and again the collectors who are selling for the fun of the hobby get burned. The BIGGEST complaint is with shipping charges. I buy and sell on E-Bay and it is very easy to look at what the shipping charges are and decide whether or not to buy. Why buyers complain sssoooo much when they just do not have to buy is beyond logic. Instead their complaining is ruining a great hobby/business for ALL..
fraser_05478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
So are they going to eliminate DSR's for Basement Internet Morons from ruining your seller score and your discount because the Bubble Mailer that you charged $2.00 for only cost $1.39 in postage?

I just knew it was a matter of time before Ebay did this.
Yeah, you could definitely see it coming. Rather than police the small percentage of sellers who sell iPads for $50 with $500 shipping, lets just rape everyone for more fees! I have had an account with COMC for a while and have never sent anything in. This development may change that...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
#2 is 'Collectibles'
I am curious where you go the above info. I understand the rest of your argument.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #70 (permalink)

I just finished reading the latest 10-k from ebay...I honestly find it hard to believe that ebay's goal is to push anybody out.

If you push a seller away, odds are that seller also buys from time to time. You might be pushing a buyer and a seller away.

ebay is just trying to find a way to maximize revenue on their current business. Just like COMC keeps finding little ways to sneak in another 5c per card -- ebay isn't happy with their volume growth, so they want to make more on the volume they have.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #71 (permalink)

Do you think any of the Ebay executives have ever actually sold anything on Ebay?
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
Do you think any of the Ebay executives have ever actually sold anything on Ebay?
Yes, I do think so.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser_05478 View Post
Good Point made...

E-Bay has been trying to weed out the collectors like most of us are and favor the much bigger sellers where E-Bay makes larger profits. Lately, they have favored the buyers and again the collectors who are selling for the fun of the hobby get burned. The BIGGEST complaint is with shipping charges. I buy and sell on E-Bay and it is very easy to look at what the shipping charges are and decide whether or not to buy. Why buyers complain sssoooo much when they just do not have to buy is beyond logic. Instead their complaining is ruining a great hobby/business for ALL..
So ebay is ruining the hobby?? Come on guys, if you believe that, maybe the hobby IS worthless. Didn't the hobby exist before ebay?? Just raise your shipping costs by 10% and problem solved. You can't blame ebay for trying to raise profits. If your a ripper/flipper and see this "hobby" as a business, your just another middleman between the product and collectors, as is ebay. If you don't like ebays terms, you could always go sell your cards to a local hobby shop for pennies on the dollar. Ebay is still the very best place to get the most $$ for cards you want to sell, end of story.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
As a matter of fact, I watched a special about the ebay headquarters. All employees are encouraged to buy and sell on ebay while at work. All of their offices were decorated with things they bought on ebay. Even the big shots had their collections displayed. Can't remember the name of the program, some special about the best places to work on Discovery or one of those channels.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #75 (permalink)

If you work at eBay, do they give you a break on FVF?