Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
If you work at eBay, do they give you a break on FVF?
LOL, I would hope so, but the show I watched didn't get into those kind of details.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang66dad View Post
for those who use COMC: when you cashout via Paypal, are you charged paypal fees on top of the COMC 20% cashout fee?
I don't want to see this important question go unanswered. I've only cashed out with Blowout funds, so I don't know. But if I wanted to cash out with PayPal, it would suck to have an extra 2.9% on top of the 20% that COMC charges already...
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I don't want to see this important question go unanswered. I've only cashed out with Blowout funds, so I don't know. But if I wanted to cash out with PayPal, it would suck to have an extra 2.9% on top of the 20% that COMC charges already...

if your going to cash out anyways... take a check if its a certain amount and just cap it at an extra 3.00. Oh and this way i dont help ebay/paypal make more money too. I'd rather give it to COMC
Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #79 (permalink)

Default Are you F-ing Kidding me! eBay Fees going up again! Including Shipping!

Everybody I was just browsing the eBay website and noticed they are changing the eBay fees (going up). They are charging more and now taking a % of your shipping charge also. Incredible...I mean I offer shipping for only $1.50 and that's me not making a cent after shipping an item 1st class with delivery confirmation.

eBay: 2011 Spring Seller Update - Fee update
Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #80 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustexx View Post
yea i was actually suprised when i found out that shipping costs weren't charged. maybe i add 8% to my shipping costs and let the 1's and 2 stars start pouring in!
You won't be selling for much longer if that starts happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
never bite the hand that feeds you?? apparently ebay doesnt mind biting the hands off of its sellers!
Well played!
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

So, how long until ebay starts charging the buyers???

5% hammer fee??
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #82 (permalink)

COMC....COMC.....COMC
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #83 (permalink)

At least I can save on fees with my top-rated seller status! oh wait, they screwed me on that too...

Well it seems like a store is too hard to pass up now :s
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #84 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Thread # 5 merged into this thread
Old 03-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander23 View Post
COMC....COMC.....COMC
Fees are even worse there

35 cents a card + 20% fee when you withdraw $$ from the site.

Turning cardboard into cash takes longer on COMC (~1 week to list, countless weeks to sell inventory) and when I want to get actual cash/paypal (this is the goal when you sell right?) I have to pay a 20% fee...no thanks!

COMC is great for inserts and other low/low-mid end cards that don't sell well on eBay but it is not a good alternative to eBay overall.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #86 (permalink)

Anyone see they are starting to have a new "Global" standard system in May I think? Not a big deal for most, but being a hockey collector/seller, I ship a lot to Canada. Can't imagine what kind of crap this is going to bring about with delayed shipping times due to customs, etc.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandPensfan View Post
Anyone see they are starting to have a new "Global" standard system in May I think? Not a big deal for most, but being a hockey collector/seller, I ship a lot to Canada. Can't imagine what kind of crap this is going to bring about with delayed shipping times due to customs, etc.
Probably easier to find a friend in Buffalo. Ship him the cards, have him take them across the border and ship them inside Canada. I don't know if crossing boarders is harder than it was 8 years ago when I went to Niagra Falls, but it wasn't too hard back then. And that was a year or two after 9/11.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
I think I will be using COMC, the forums here, and local in person connections for all sales prior to this. Just sick of all the fees and drama from eBay.
That's all I do now. Ebay can suck it.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #89 (permalink)

I just spent the last 15 minutes reading and re-living my ebay experience a year or two ago.... thats when I was a power seller with an ebay store doing a few thousand a month and always had 1000+ listings going...
back when it was $15/mo and $0.03 cents per listing for anything...and as a seller you could give the cocky buyer negative feedback too...

Then they took away feedback, doubled the cost of the store, raised the listings to $0.50cents each (my $45/mo store would have cost about $250-300/mo WITH the discounts to keep the same # of items in inventory, $550 w/out)

and then when I cancelled my store and dumped 100 jersey cards during their "list 100 for under $0.99cent" promotion I lost my butt selling half of it for a dollar, and having low "stars" (whats that crap) from buyers that thought $2 was too much shipping, or the card didnt go from florida to california in two days so I was too slow...

so with 970+ feedbacks (and only one negative--0.00103%) my 4.3 "star" ratings were now too low to open a new store or take part in any discounts/specials that they offered for a YEAR until they reviewed it again...
I told them to screw it... Im going to COMC BABY!!! love it.

Flea bay can keep sucking!!! If it wasnt for Paypals $$ propping them up their stock would have crashed years ago....

(side note...everything else I sell goes on Amazon...they dont give the buyer a choice about shipping...its set in stone if you buy one or 100 items)
damonwatson is offline   Reply With Quote