Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Another Ebay "Rule Up Your Wazzoo Moment!"

Just got this in my email. Isn't their a law against charging fees for shipping???? If not, their should be.....

Fees adjusted to reward low-cost shipping--Subscribe to an eBay Store for as low as $15.95 per month for lowest overall fees.

Dear (member we are f'n over again):

We know that online buyers pay attention to the total cost of an item--including shipping--when deciding what and where to buy. To encourage low-cost shipping, starting July 6 Final Value Fee rates for sellers with a Store subscription will be reduced for both Auction-style and Fixed price and applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping.

The best way to minimize the impact on your overall fees is to subscribe now to an eBay Store for as low as $15.95 per month.

Starting April 19, for sellers without a Store subscription, the Standard Final Value fee rate for Auction-style listings will not change, but will also be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. The number of free Auction-style listings per month will be capped at 50, with maximum Final Value Fee of $100.

So based on your recent selling activity, whether you prefer to sell Auction-style or Fixed Price, an eBay Store is the right choice for you for the lowest overall fees.

Subscribe now--before April 19--to an eBay Store. For as low as $15.95 per month you'll get all the great benefits that come with a Store subscription, including discounted Insertion Fees for Fixed Price, low Insertion Fees for Auction-style, FREE pictures, and powerful Store marketing tools. Then consider ways to reduce your shipping charges and you'll keep your overall fees as low as possible.

Stand together and join the cause!!

Last edited by crazy8parlay; 03-15-2011 at 01:43 PM.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

It gets better:

Coming April 19: List Auction-style FREE, any start price, all the time. Add Buy It Now FREE.

Dear tshupp2:

Your upfront cost of selling on eBay is about to be dramatically reduced once again!

Starting April 19, Standard Auction-style fees will be changing. You'll be able to list FREE at any start price--up to 50 items a month. Plus you can add the Buy It Now option FREE to grab those buyers who don't want to wait for your listing to end. In short, you can now list even your higher priced items free--pay only if it sells.

Also, we know online buyers pay attention to shipping costs when deciding what and where to buy. That's why, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Just keep your shipping costs low to get the lowest overall fees.

5% PowerSeller discount retired--aim now to be an eBay Top-rated seller to earn 20% off
Also, starting with your June invoice, the 5% Final Value Fee discount for PowerSellers who are not eBay Top-rated sellers will be retired (all other PowerSeller benefits will continue). So be sure to check your Seller Dashboard for up-to-date information on your rating and what you can do to achieve eBay Top-rated seller status and earn a 20% discount as soon as possible.

Last edited by bigdaddyblue73; 03-15-2011 at 11:50 AM.
bigdaddyblue73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

You knew this was coming. I've sent more and more sales to comc for singles and dealerne t for boxes. Two can play this game.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think I will be using COMC, the forums here, and local in person connections for all sales prior to this. Just sick of all the fees and drama from eBay.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just got my email as well, Basically they want 16 dollars a month more from you and fees for shipping and handling. This is just plain robbery!!! How can you charge a fee for something we do not make any money on!!!?!?!?!! THis will only raise shipping costs to cover fees and that is why most people get dinged on their dashboard!!!

Just wrong and I am hoping they lose a TON of people. I for one am going to look elsewhere. Hopefully there is a law that doesn't allow this to happen. THey are turning EBAY into garbage!!!
vollybal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just lost my top-rated seller rating. Of course it was from a transaction under $10 - there should be some kind of weighted/evaluation system for feedback, but it's probably better for Ebay's bottom line to not do that.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is what makes COMC look better and better to me...Ebay can only do this for so long (and they have been doing it for years) before people get fed up. I think we are at the tipping point. All the fees and push towards free shipping, the cut is just too much anymore. Everything is geared toward the buyers now, and don't get me started on the ridiculous DSR system.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

This fee increase makes me sick. My fees are about to double as they are now only going to give the free 50 listings instead of 100. Most of my sales are not card related and ebay is about the only place I can sell on. Plus the crap with charging fees on shipping is crazy. I already charge exact shipping on most all of my auctions. They are making it more difficult every day to deal on there.
crazygrover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default eBay to include shipping in final value fees

eBay is now getting more ridiculous: they are now going to include shipping as part of the final value fee. So now instead of paying 8.75% of your final cost, they are going to now include shipping. Guess it will just keep buyers from putting high shipping costs. I just lost a case where I used stamps to ship my card and the guybsaid he didn't receive it. He only had 10 positive feedbacks and I have 177. Now I'm going to have to do delivery confirmation on almost every little thing. Sorry to vent, but it seems to me that eBay gets more and more ridiculous. What do you guys think?
cwgross144 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Regardless of what the is being included in the final value fee, you should be using delivery confirmation all the time no matter what. It is probably one of the most basic forms of protection that you can have against yourself. Especially if you use paypal shipping there is no excuse for not using it. I don't sell a ton of stuff on ebay but I've increased the number of things I have been selling and have started offering free shipping and always use DC so that I cannot be dinged on my DSR's.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

It's a win loss...I just finished reading that message as well, sucks that they are going to include shipping costs in the final value fee, but we all new it was coming sooner or later....but on the positive side it evens out b/c starting April 19th we can list up to 50 items per month at any auction starting price with a buy it now for free, so even though were going to pay more in fees with the shipping cost being added, its basically breaking even with getting the free 50 listings IMO.
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Overview of Ebay/Paypal fees.

The get you now on:
The listing
Any upgrades (that don't do sh*t to improve the listing)
Final Value, and soon Final Value with Shipping.
Paypal fees which take from the total that is sent, including the shipping fees.

And by far, the dumbest fee of all, which if they took away, they would make more money.
$.10 for a scheduled listing. Yeah, I hate this fee. Because I like to sit down with my family and eat dinner and watch TV at night. I have to pay $.10 to list it during the day so it shows up and ends during the prime selling period. Doesn't ebay realize that if they got rid of this fee and allowed for this to be a "Free Option" they would have a lot more listings at night because people could then post all day, not just wait to list during prime time.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

I got the same email & I only sold 7 or 8 times on there lol. I better get some sh?t up before April 19th huh?
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Lol I'm about to sell everything I've got and get out of the hobby. I don't break enough to use COMC, so ebay is the best option besides selling on this forum. Better start soon before the new fees!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
It's a win loss...I just finished reading that message as well, sucks that they are going to include shipping costs in the final value fee, but we all new it was coming sooner or later....but on the positive side it evens out b/c starting April 19th we can list up to 50 items per month at any auction starting price with a buy it now for free, so even though were going to pay more in fees with the shipping cost being added, its basically breaking even with getting the free 50 listings IMO.
Yeah, but half the time listing fees are free anyway. Now, we will probably see a lot of $4.99 cards on the market instead of 99cent, so I guess there will be no lowballers lol. Might have to look into the checkoutmycards thing
cwgross144 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default Ebay fees on shipping

From Ebay -

Also, we know online buyers pay attention to shipping costs when deciding what and where to buy. That's why, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Just keep your shipping costs low to get the lowest overall fees.
caustexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Great. So now sellers will start to charge more for shipping to recoup more fees.

Good job, ebay....
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ebay is retarded.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Got the same email this morning. I only charge $1.75 for shipping. A standard 2 oz card is $1.58 to ship. Factor in about $0.07 for a bubble mailer and $0.10 for a top loader, I am charging exactly what it costs me to ship (not including any handling fees, ink, paper, etc.). On a thicker card (3 oz. or more), I'm losing money. I also combine shipping and ship up to three cards, any size, for $1.75, so I'm losing money there as well. I do this to try to maintain my DSR's and get that nice 20% fees discount, but I still had 7 a$$hole douchebag losers give me one or two stars in the shipping charges category on my DSR's in my last review period and I lost my Top-rated Seller status.

Now I'm just a meager Power Seller and I do over $2k in sales per month and pay $250-350 in fees to ebay every month. But at least I was getting a 5% discount. Now these f@#kbags want to charge me a fee on the shipping charge that I'M ALREADY TAKING A LOSS ON, and they want to take away my 5% discount on fees. Money grubbing whores.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Got the same email this morning. I only charge $1.75 for shipping. A standard 2 oz card is $1.58 to ship. Factor in about $0.07 for a bubble mailer and $0.10 for a top loader, I am charging exactly what it costs me to ship (not including any handling fees, ink, paper, etc.). On a thicker card (3 oz. or more), I'm losing money. I also combine shipping and ship up to three cards, any size, for $1.75, so I'm losing money there as well. I do this to try to maintain my DSR's and get that nice 20% fees discount, but I still had 7 a$$hole douchebag losers give me one or two stars in the shipping charges category on my DSR's in my last review period and I lost my Top-rated Seller status.

Now I'm just a meager Power Seller and I do over $2k in sales per month and pay $250-350 in fees to ebay every month. But at least I was getting a 5% discount. Now these f@#kbags want to charge me a fee on the shipping charge that I'M ALREADY TAKING A LOSS ON, and they want to take away my 5% discount on fees. Money grubbing whores.
They must be run by the banking industry guys.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Anyone got a link to explain how COMC works, what fees they charge...etc.

Ebay just ran me out with this one.
garpike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

That's absurd. It's also absurd that you can't leave negative feedback for buyer's. Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
That's absurd. It's also absurd that you can't leave negative feedback for buyer's. Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
It's not absurd. It ensures eBay makes more an more money. Makes perfect sense for them if they pad the system in such a way as to put loads of cash in their pockets, especially if they also have nothing to lose.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyblue73 View Post
It's not absurd. It ensures eBay makes more an more money. Makes perfect sense for them if they pad the system in such a way as to put loads of cash in their pockets, especially if they also have nothing to lose.
They have customers to lose. Of course people will always sell on ebay, but by doing things like this, they are drawing more and more people away from using their service.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
They have customers to lose. Of course people will always sell on ebay, but by doing things like this, they are drawing more and more people away from using their service.
It would certainly seem so. And for some types of merchandise there are alternatives, but for others there is nowher to go with the amount of buyers and advertising as eBay.

It is now going to cost me more to sell the stuff I am selling, that's for sure, but there is nothing I can do but grin and bear it.