Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default Ebay combined shipping required???

Hello all,

I was looking to see if Ebay has changed the poilcy that sellers have to combined shipping. If so what are the guildlines as I have a buyer that won three auctions and paid for all three of them, including the full shipping before I got to send them an invoice. Now I do not advertise combined shipping but I do discount the shipping if they win multiple auctions within a 3 day period. The buyer is telling me that I need to refund the shipping becauase I should have used priority shipping flat rate for their three items. Plus they are requesting the auction they just won, over the 3 days period I use to combine shipping, be sent free shipping becuase I am required now to combine shipping. They told me they would hate to report me to ebay becuase of this...Umm last time I looked it was not a change to the policies, And that also sounds like if I do not honor their shipping wants that they are going to report me....ANy help wpuld be great!!!

Regards
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,068
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

I dont think your required to combine shipping. Downside being if you dont for sure your DSR's will get hammered (and probably will now that you've got unhappy buyer).

I'd refund what you typically do and ship the cards as stated in the auction.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default

Yeah it is a shame that that person did not wait for my invoice...I knew that there was not a new rule and I asked them to send me a link to it. I will probably give them the last item free shipping...They arlready dinged my rating as they were the only on to rate me today and now my shipping hit below standard... I really hate the fact that they do this as they really can rate us like that and no matter how many great ratings we get only takes a couple to get you bent over....what is funny is that she is compalining about an item that was shipped on monday and was received on Wednesday..and these three items were 99 cent items pretty much.

I am actually thinking of blocking them because they got three things and they are all 99 cent items which sold at a very low price and the shipping is in line if I sent them all seprately so I am going to lose money for supplies and postage....have to love it!

Last edited by vollybal; 03-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
alexlazarevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 3,300
Default

I think fish is right, there is no requirement to do combined shipping, but be prepared for low DSR's if you don't at least meet the buyer half way.

eBay is doing some strange stuff lately.

I lost my Top Rated Seller status on 3/20 due to 4 low DSR's on my shipping costs. (I used to charge exact cost, $1.58 for 2oz bubble mailer) Those 4 low DSR's knocked my percentage below the required minimum for TRS status. I decided to try and get the TRS status back. So I listed a bunch of new items this week (haven't sold yet) with all free shipping on all the items. Today, without any new items selling, and without any change in my shipping DSR percentage, my TRS status magically came back.

Very strange. Almost like eBay is rewarding me for switching to free shipping.

Still, I'm sure I'll get nailed on the other DSR's sooner or later, for no good reason, and then it's TRS status down the tubes once again.

It's really a roller coaster ride. I used to really care about my TRS status. But I can't anymore, it's just too much heartache.

Good luck with your buyer.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default

Thanks Alex, How are you able to eat the shipping and material on the auctions...Are you a store front?? I am a single person that is just selling on there and to spend 2-3 dollars on s+h on an 99 cent item means I lose money so why even sell, right?? Just curious if you have any special tricks or places that sell materials for cheap. I always pack my items in penny sleeve and then top loader, then send them in a #0000 bubble wrap envelope. The shipping at the post office is another 1.22 to 1.39 if it is a single card as they mark it as a parcel shipment.I do not have a place that sells the envelope for cheap I am paying around a dollar for them each..bad yes but do not know where to look for them.

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanxs!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,068
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

If they dinged you already I'd point that out to ebay. If you havent shipped the items, how can they rate you. thats total BS and abuse of the system. Ebay still wont do anything and thats why I prefer to sell elsewhere. While the buyer is always the buyer, they are not always right. Online competition does create a great market but the seller shouldnt be held hostage to situations they cant control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vollybal View Post
Thanks Alex, How are you able to eat the shipping and material on the auctions...Are you a store front?? I am a single person that is just selling on there and to spend 2-3 dollars on s+h on an 99 cent item means I lose money so why even sell, right?? Just curious if you have any special tricks or places that sell materials for cheap. I always pack my items in penny sleeve and then top loader, then send them in a #0000 bubble wrap envelope. The shipping at the post office is another 1.22 to 1.39 if it is a single card as they mark it as a parcel shipment.I do not have a place that sells the envelope for cheap I am paying around a dollar for them each..bad yes but do not know where to look for them.

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanxs!
There's a few threads on here and guys I'm sure would be willing to help. First off use paypal shipping. You can print the labels much quicker and the DC is significantly reduced (.75 to .19). Right now your looking at 1.41 to ship a 1 oz package. I get my bubble mailers for about 0.08-0.09 each. Figure .10 or so on other supplies (sleeve/toploader) and I figure about the same (probably less) for my printed label (plus side here with the paypal ship is your buyer is notified automatically the package has shipped..so typically +1 for communication plus since you can do this at home shipping time also decreases hopefully apeasing the buyer)
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default

THey won three items over the weekend and I sent it to them seperate on monday as they did not wait for invoice and asked for items asap in paypal notes for each. so they got them today, nice turn around for first class mail, huh...but they also just won one more item so they are able to rate me for the three they received but no the one they just won. But it does sound like they are telling me that if I do not give them free shipping one the next one that they will ding me again.

I really need to find another place to sell!!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default

ilovefish --- YEah I guess using the paypal shipping would be good, can you use any inkjet printer to print the labels? ALso I would love to to find a place where I can buy the bubblemailler for those prices...Thanks!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
alexlazarevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 3,300
Default

Yeah, like fish says there's some great threads on doing shipping cheap. You should be able to find a thread pretty quickly. But saving on shipping usually means buying in bulk so the up front cost is high, but if you use all the supplies (bubble mailers, sleeves, loaders, etc.) then the savings really do help. You can also resell supplies on eBay if you don't use them all. I get my bubble mailers at http://www.esupplystore.com/.

Ink Jet printer works. Cutting and taping is a pain though, so I invested in a thermal label printer, cost like $300 with labels, but man I tell you it has saved me so much time it is worth it to me.

I'm just a single dude too, no store front (although I dream about opening a card shop one day), but I open a lot of product and sell a lot. I'm experimenting with eBay shipping. I really have no idea what the right thing to do is. I know one thing, buyers like free shipping, so what the heck I'm going to give them that for a while. I guess I'm still a slave to wanting to be a Top Rated Seller.

Some times I just browse good sellers for tricks and tips. eBay user brentandbecca, he still charges shipping, but he sells a TON so low DSR's get diluted by the mass of good ratings. eBay user $guru$ (member of this forum) looks like he's switched to free shipping as well, at least on some stuff. There are some really good sellers who are honest and have tons of experience, so I try to follow their lead.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
vollybal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
Yeah, like fish says there's some great threads on doing shipping cheap. You should be able to find a thread pretty quickly. But saving on shipping usually means buying in bulk so the up front cost is high, but if you use all the supplies (bubble mailers, sleeves, loaders, etc.) then the savings really do help. You can also resell supplies on eBay if you don't use them all. I get my bubble mailers at eSupplyStore.com | Discount Shipping Supplies | Wholesale Packaging Materials | Mailing Supplies | Bubble Wrap | Bubble Mailers.

Ink Jet printer works. Cutting and taping is a pain though, so I invested in a thermal label printer, cost like $300 with labels, but man I tell you it has saved me so much time it is worth it to me.

I'm just a single dude too, no store front (although I dream about opening a card shop one day), but I open a lot of product and sell a lot. I'm experimenting with eBay shipping. I really have no idea what the right thing to do is. I know one thing, buyers like free shipping, so what the heck I'm going to give them that for a while. I guess I'm still a slave to wanting to be a Top Rated Seller.

Some times I just browse good sellers for tricks and tips. eBay user brentandbecca, he still charges shipping, but he sells a TON so low DSR's get diluted by the mass of good ratings. eBay user $guru$ (member of this forum) looks like he's switched to free shipping as well, at least on some stuff. There are some really good sellers who are honest and have tons of experience, so I try to follow their lead.
Thanks SO much for the link for the packing supplies. I cannot believe I was paying so much for them!!! Maybe, once I get cheaper mail costs I will either go free shipping for a week or so and see how it goes or just do it on the non99 cent ones so I at least make a little money. Thanks Again for the great advice!!!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
fitch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, CA
Posts: 7,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I think fish is right, there is no requirement to do combined shipping, but be prepared for low DSR's if you don't at least meet the buyer half way.

eBay is doing some strange stuff lately.

I lost my Top Rated Seller status on 3/20 due to 4 low DSR's on my shipping costs. (I used to charge exact cost, $1.58 for 2oz bubble mailer) Those 4 low DSR's knocked my percentage below the required minimum for TRS status. I decided to try and get the TRS status back. So I listed a bunch of new items this week (haven't sold yet) with all free shipping on all the items. Today, without any new items selling, and without any change in my shipping DSR percentage, my TRS status magically came back.

Very strange. Almost like eBay is rewarding me for switching to free shipping.

Still, I'm sure I'll get nailed on the other DSR's sooner or later, for no good reason, and then it's TRS status down the tubes once again.

It's really a roller coaster ride. I used to really care about my TRS status. But I can't anymore, it's just too much heartache.

Good luck with your buyer.
I had this happen to me a month ago, I should try to free shipping thing
__________________
Always Buying Lewis Thorpe autos
fitch123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.