Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Setting up at my first show in years. Any advice???

I have been back in the hobby for almost a year. I've been selling a lot on eBay but next weekend I will be setting up at the first of many shows I plan to sell at this spring and summer. I haven't setup at a show since I was about 15 so I feel like a rookie all over again. Is there any advice/suggestions that any show veterans here think would be helpful for me?

One thing I notice at shows is that every dealer seems to be way over priced. Some guys are selling singles for 2-3x what I would price mine at. Will I be ruffling any feathers by pricing my stuff lower than other dealers? I don't want to create enemies but I also don't want to put douchebag prices on merchandise that I know should be sold lower. I'm hoping to have a table that really appeals to buyers and even other dealers.

What types of items sell best? What stuff doesn't sell so well? I plan to do singles, wax boxes, wax packs, and some autographed merch. About 95% of my stuff is baseball 2010-present. I already purchased a tablecloth, display cases, storage boxes, a dolly, cash box, etc. Is there ANYTHING else I should be considering?

Thanks for the help guys.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
ND3

Price your stuff to move and where you are making a profit you are happy with. If the other schmucks in the room are trying to get full book for their cards....just laugh your ass off all the way to the bank when you move more then everyone else in the room.

People love to dig so if you have dime, quarter boxes etc......people will dig all during the show. Showtards love to flock to tables that have some action.

Good luck and watch out for any guys ripping wax with their teeth then dropping trou and pissing on the floor.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Price your stuff to move and where you are making a profit you are happy with. If the other schmucks in the room are trying to get full book for their cards....just laugh your ass off all the way to the bank when you move more then everyone else in the room.

People love to dig so if you have dime, quarter boxes etc......people will dig all during the show. Showtards love to flock to tables that have some action.

Good luck and watch out for any guys ripping wax with their teeth then dropping trou and pissing on the floor.
spoken like a true cardshow dealer
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

This thread would be worth reading

Setting up a Sports Card Show