Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Presell Items

I'm fairly new to eBay, well when it comes to purchasing baseball cards and I was just curious as the types of risks associated with purchasing a pre-sell item when the release date is more than 30 days away (~60 days in the case).

I realize I'm basically giving a loan out to someone, with the interest being the money I saved from buy it early. In this case I saved $400 dollars on the case that is listed on BO for just over $1000. Honestly I don't care what happens to the money as long as I receive the case when it is released.

My biggest concern is that there is some sort of deadline to file a case against a seller, and with the release being 2 months away I'm hoping that if there is a deadline it is longer than 2 months. Any help on the matter is appreciated thanks.
georgewashinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashinton View Post
My biggest concern is that there is some sort of deadline to file a case against a seller, and with the release being 2 months away I'm hoping that if there is a deadline it is longer than 2 months. Any help on the matter is appreciated thanks.
That is a very valid concern. Some sellers (who usually will have bad feedback) pre-sell more than 30 days before release, promise big discounts, but then when release comes, they do not deliver the product. Since it is past the 30 (45?) days to request a refund via PayPal, the buyer is royally screwed.

I think one way buyers protect themselves is to pay through PayPal but funds being taken directly from a credit card. (not PayPal funds) If you do this, then you can always use your credit card to force PayPal to refund it, even after the 30 days. How long you can do that depends on your credit card. I'm not sure your credit card has a +2 month return policy, I'd call them and ask. I think some have 90 days?

If you are going to buy from a seller of pre-release cases, I'd look up their eBay username with the search function here, see if there are any bad posts about them. Also, look at EVERY feedback for them on eBay.

Better thing to do is just buy pre-sell from Blowout cards. They are totally legit, I've scored HUGE hits from their cases, and their prices are some of the best you can get. Those "too good to be true" prices that some eBay sellers offer are most often too good to be true. (meaning you are throwing your money away, worse some scam artist is laughing all the way to the bank)

Good luck.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Appreciate it, thanks.
georgewashinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

If you pay with paypal, definitely make sure you pay with your CC through paypal. Like Alex said even though you are only covered up to 45 days with paypal most CC's cover you for 90-120 days.

With eBay I always pay for any large purchases with my CC through paypal to give me that added layer of protection.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote