Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default paypal large order (seller protection?) question

I've got a large payment from a customer, $1900 in fact, and it's paid from a PayPal account with an unconfirmed USA address. But I've been in good communication with this buyer for a couple of days, although I've never done business with them before, and I have no reason to believe anything fishy is going on.

I'm just a little worried about the unconfirmed address, and I've email the buyer to make sure that is the address they want me to ship to, so I should have that in writing. And they just responded with a yes, that is a family members address, and that is where the payment came from and where they want me to ship to.

I will use UPS ground, so it will be tracked, and it's shipping to USA so it'll be fully tracked and have to be signed for. So according to PayPal, I should have a UPS delivery confirmation to that exact address from which the payment was made.

I'm pretty sure it's safe. But am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

You can try direct signature which means that only the person who's name is on the label can sign for it, but Im not sure how strict UPS really enforces it

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
You can try direct signature which means that only the person who's name is on the label can sign for it, but Im not sure how strict UPS really enforces it
Yeah this would be the only other thing I would say. I would consider making sure the customer has to to sign for it himself
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you use UPS be SURE to use adult signature required like Blowout and other distributors use. This is a must
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
If you use UPS be SURE to use adult signature required like Blowout and other distributors use. This is a must
Yep, I did UPS ground with delivery confirmation AND adult signature required,and printed and paid for the UPS label through PayPal shipping so they have all the info in PayPal's system already. The buyer is quick to respond and has verified everything. Everything looks legit. I'm pretty sure it'll go well. And if I lose it all, so what, I'm just out $1900. Still wouldn't be as bad as the hit I took on my last case of 10-11 Classics NBA.

Thanks guys.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

You should be good long as you ship to the addy provided in the paypal shipping

however...I think of worst case scenarios when dealing with unconfirmed addys

He could say I wasnt at home and do not know who signed for it and steal it, this is where insurance cuts this out. Just delivering something to a address and having someone sign for it is not protection. You can look at the signature at UPS and it be joe blows signature, this does not prove the buyer received package, it just shows that someone was at my address. The economy is terrible right now and people are going to stoop to new lows.

Good luck with package, hope everything goes smoothly Alex....
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote