Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just venting...ebay transaction

I'm probably too sensitive about this and I don't have a tremendous amount of ebay experience. My auction stated that paypal is due within 3 days. (I usually don't send an invoice unless multiple items are won and I need to combine shipping). 3 days after auction close I send invoice. 5 days I message:

hello, are you still interested in this card? pokejay

no response

6 days I message:
Hello, please respond as I would like to relist tomorrow if you are not interested, auction asked to pay within 3 days. Thanks,

his reply:
I PAID YOU. IT MAY HAVE SAID THREE DAYS, BUT I DON'T READ ALL THE FINE PRINT. I JUST BID, AND HOPEFULLY WIN . IF YOU LOOKED AT MY FEEDBACK, YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET PAID. I HAVE NOT ONE NEGATIVE AND OVER ITMES BOUGHT WITHIN THE LAST YEAR. YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERS BEFORE YOU PUT UP MESSSAGES THAT CAN BE DEEMED AS THREATS AND INSULTING.

my reply:
Cause for concern resulted from noticing your feedback score. Sincerity expressed when I say no threats or insults intended. My only thoughts were that if you were not interested, we could cancel the transaction. Shipping Monday. Thanks,

him:
If I won it, I pay for it. I win so much stuff it sometimes takes me a while to pay for everything..My business and personal life come first...I assume, but I shouldn;t, that a few more days one way or the other shouldn't matter. Hopefully most sellers don't treat this as life or death...
-----------------------------------------------------
I work at a hospital, 12 hr shifts, so I deal with life and death every shift...and life, when it's there, is beautiful...anyways, on my hours off I sent the messages. Perhaps my patience was thin. I'll let him have the last word. Am I asking for a negative if I escalate this? Yes. Has this happened to you (from either perspective) or have you read similar? Yes. Is this absolutely necessary? No. I've been up over 24 hours, am I tired? Yes. Not looking to smear anyone, just venting. Thank You. PS, is it not possible to cancel a transaction without the buyer/seller suffering negative consequences?
sentry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you got paid,I would let it go. Believe me I know it is hard to keep quiet sometimes, as I never do myself but let it go man,its not worth the aggravation.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

If he paid, I would just let it drop and make sure to ship with DC in case he wants to claim he didn't receive it or something. I've found that contacting a buyer to ask about payment is useless and a waste of time usually. I send an invoice after the auction ends and if they don't pay within my allotted time period I file a NPB.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies, appreciated.
sentry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Guy is an a$$ clown. God forbid you didn't ship his card out within the period you specified. Then it would be a life and death matter if you didn't respond to his messages. Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot people don't G.A.F. But if it's happening to them, then they get pissed.

I agree w/ the other posts to just let it go, but chalk this up as another prime example of why ebay is sucking a fat one ESPECIALLY if you end up getting a neg for that.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sellers do all the work... And take all the risk..

Buyers can do anything thing they want with no care...

Ebay does not give a Sh$t about it...

Ebay is a joke... if there was any place i would take my 4000 sales a year elesewhere..

it is just a matter of time before something else comes along. and i cant wait.

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Fortunately in the short amount of time I have been selling on ebay, I have really only had one problem with someone not paying on time when they made an offer and I accepted it. I state in my listings that payment is expected within 48 hours of winning. After 48 hours I send an invoice and typically do so until I can file at NPB claim. If they still haven't paid by that time I will open the NPB and that worked the time I had to do so. He paid, I'd say let it go and just make sure you send w/DC and maybe even pony up the little bit extra for insurance so he can't try to get you.