Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Check out my cards theories

Been having some awesome results with COMC lately. I have about $15,000 in inventory over there and it is selling between $20-40 per day right now.

I have my stuff listed at 70% of book value and a I get a lot of offers but a lot of stuff is purchased outright.

It seems like for 1 cent a month for storage, a guy is better off waiting for his price than cutting 50 cents off a card to sell it this month.

Anyway that's my theory. I still accept most offers, but no more firesales unless I want to get out.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

That sounds cool.

I'd be looking to increase my COMC presence, but my existing sales are just terrible. I've got some really new stuff on there (Five Star FB, Timeless Treasure NBA, Donruss NBA, etc.), and I get maybe one card sale a week and it's usually a 50% offer. The only time I do better is when I practically beg for offers in the SPAM section on this forum and then some buyers come out of the woodwork.

I don't have a lot of cards listed, and I'm wondering if I just need to increase the amount of stuff so I show up higher in seller lists? Or do buyers on COMC generally look for older stuff? I do have tons of cards from my 90's collecting years that I'd be willing to send. But not if it's just going to sit there.

All I know is I've got a ton of base 2010 Topps Five Star /79 sitting there doing nothing, when I would have done much better had I sold it on eBay. I think. Hard to be sure.

I'd be looking for any advise on how to increase sales on COMC, as I really love the time it saves.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've been doing great with low-end and parallels. Hockey parallels and Young Guns are doing well too, and the best part is for the most part it is stuff I would have put in a box and sold in a lot here for $50-100.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

I need to get some cards together to throw onto COMC myself. Its been a while.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I don't have a lot of cards listed, and I'm wondering if I just need to increase the amount of stuff so I show up higher in seller lists? Or do buyers on COMC generally look for older stuff? I do have tons of cards from my 90's collecting years that I'd be willing to send. But not if it's just going to sit there.
I think you just generally have to have a bigger variety of cards so that there's a better chance buyers will hit your stuff in their searches. It's more a matter of having a more diverse portfolio than just having more cards overall. That way it's just more likely overall that someone might stumble on your stuff, check out the rest of your inventory, and put together a multi-card purchase from you.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've done well with COMC over the past few months, but there have certainly been some lulls where I go days without a sale. It's hard to predict what will sell well on COMC and what will sit.

I have had some stuff sell at my full asking price that I never thought would sell. But I've also had cards of hot players that have gone months with no bites.

Overall, I've had more FUN dealing on COMC and that's what counts for me.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

The worst part is waiting for your batches to be processed. Those 4 weeks seem like forever...
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have been really apprehensive about trying out COMC to sell the cards I don't want or need. However, there seems to be plenty of upside about using it. Could anyone tell me if they ship internationally? I know I have some stuff that some Euro hockey fans and Japanese baseball fans might be interested in purchasing.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Could anyone tell me if they ship internationally?
Yes. I'm in New Zealand and have bought plenty from there.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I have been really apprehensive about trying out COMC to sell the cards I don't want or need. However, there seems to be plenty of upside about using it. Could anyone tell me if they ship internationally? I know I have some stuff that some Euro hockey fans and Japanese baseball fans might be interested in purchasing.
Got shipped in Canada without any issues and they pack super safely.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Love me some COMC! (except for the recent buyers who keep sending me the same offer over and over again on my counter!) Gotta get a new batch into them soon too.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
That sounds cool.

I'd be looking to increase my COMC presence, but my existing sales are just terrible. I've got some really new stuff on there (Five Star FB, Timeless Treasure NBA, Donruss NBA, etc.), and I get maybe one card sale a week and it's usually a 50% offer. The only time I do better is when I practically beg for offers in the SPAM section on this forum and then some buyers come out of the woodwork.

All I know is I've got a ton of base 2010 Topps Five Star /79 sitting there doing nothing, when I would have done much better had I sold it on eBay. I think. Hard to be sure.

I'd be looking for any advise on how to increase sales on COMC, as I really love the time it saves.
Well, stuff like 5 Star and Donruss are new brands and not in demand. Any older, popular brand I've put up there or rare stuff sells pretty well - Chrono, hardwood, Black, things like Kobe/MJ inserts, NT, etc, TTT, Tribute.
I only have like $6-7k of stuff left there and I still get offers/buys nearly every day from $2 to $75.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

how does this work? DO they take a % of the sale? If i send them a stack of cads, they will sort them out for BV or do i have to tell them how much to sell for?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheken View Post
how does this work? DO they take a % of the sale? If i send them a stack of cads, they will sort them out for BV or do i have to tell them how much to sell for?
You send the cards and they do the scans / bv / put online.

Afterwards, you set your own selling price.

They don't take a % off the sale but they do take a % when you cash out money.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

People love my COMC store, you should check it out. We're now dog friendly!!! I do much better with COMC than I ever did with FEEbay.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 04-20-2011 at 02:19 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
People love my COMC store, you shoudl check it out. We're now dog friendly!!! I do much better with COMC than I ever did with FEEbay.
You redirected your comc on a .com?

Cool

Aren't you worried that it might turn down some buyers when they have to sign up through COMC?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care4Card View Post
You redirected your comc on a .com?

Cool

Aren't you worried that it might turn down some buyers when they have to sign up through COMC?
Hasn't stopped them yet.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
People love my COMC store, you should check it out. We're now dog friendly!!! I do much better with COMC than I ever did with FEEbay.
How'd ya do that?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
How'd ya do that?
Become dog friendly? We just allow people to shop at the store with their dogs. It's just our policy. No cats though! Dogs rule, cats drool.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Become dog friendly? We just allow people to shop at the store with their dogs. It's just our policy. No cats though! Dogs rule, cats drool.
I mean your own web-page.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Its called a redirect.

So easy, a caveman can do it.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
Its called a redirect.

So easy, a caveman can do it.
Exactly. Much easier to give people a single domain to find your cards rather than the COMC long URL.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Domains and forwards are relatively cheap...I did that with an eBay store I had several years back...checking stats, it actually helped direct some more traffic to my store as it picked up some search engine hits...but that usually costs more money.

To alexlazarevich, you have some great cards which I have been snagging when I found your "spam" thread. Most of what I buy is off of the spam threads on this site or on COMC's facebook page when sellers do %-off sales. It's just as much to try to flip as it is to find a steal for the Twins/Vikings PC. Selling on the site requires patience, though. I sell approximately 10% of my inventory in a given month...if the stuff sits for a real long time, I verify my cards' prices are competitive, and if not, I reprice them. Usually when I go through a repricing, there's a good spike in sales. Sadly, it's not the value of the card that sells, but the price compared to the other asking prices...so when a new seller comes in and marks stuff way below market value for a quick sale, it can hurt other sellers. In this case, flipping becomes the ultimate stabilizer.