Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some advice on a damaged Card Ebay Purchase

I bought this card and nothing in the description said anything about any kind of damage. It was listed as "excellent condition". I was a little pissed when I got it today and there are some very noticable creases in it. I circled the areas where the creases are, they are much more pronounced in person and the photo in the listing you cant see any due to the angle. Just looking for some advice on my options, I have never run in to this problem as the buyer.

The original listing:
2007 U.Deck Black Matt Cain Auto/Patch Card #3/75 | eBay
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Get a hold of the seller and see if he will work something out with you. If he won't then you will have to open a not as described case against him.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Too bad. That is a gorgeous card.

Giants, World Champs!
cj52racers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

These cards are prone to this but if your unhappy the first thing to do is contact the seller. Assuming they're on the up and up, it will be a quick "please return to me and I'll refund your price" if they start himming and hawing, then open the paypal claim, which then forces the hand of ebay upon the seller to accept the card back for a refund.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks guys
Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you do end up mailing it back, please pay the extra and have DC included.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm guessing your card was shipped in just a sleeve, top loader, inside a bubble mailer?

I always ship cards like that with a sleeve, and a top loader, and then two cut cardboard pieces on both the front and back of the top loader, all fit into a team bag and then in a bubble mailer. Without the protective card board pieces, if someone sits on the package during transit, they could sit on the top loader in such a way that it bends it into the card. This would cause the bending you see. The cardboard would help to spread out the pressure over a larger area, and absorb some of the pressure as well, and thus reduce the chance of the pressure causing the bends in the card outlining the patches.

A better way to avoid damage like that is to ship the card in a magnetic holder in the bubble mailer. Or if you don't have those then use a priority mail small flat rate box, which should never get flattened or sat on and smashed. But those ways cost a little more. I think the magnetic holder is the least expensive way to really get the card there absolutely safe. That's what I do on really nice high end cards.

It's very possible the card was fine when it left the seller, but got the damage in transit. I'd request a full refund and return the card.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 04-19-2011 at 10:11 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I'm guessing your card was shipped in just a sleeve, top loader, inside a bubble mailer?

I always ship cards like that with a sleeve, and a top loader, and then two cut cardboard pieces on both the front and back of the top loader, all fit into a team bag and then in a bubble mailer.
Alex sure knows his stuff. Recently had this exact situation occur with the card in my avatar.

Just like Alex said, card was only in a toploader, no cardboard/decoys around it. Seller did make it right for me tho.

Not meaning to hijack, OP if you want the image removed then just PM me.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote