Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default USPS Scan Form 5630

Last time I was at the US Post Office, the clerk there told me there's a new USPS form, called the Scan Form 5630, which is one form with a bardcode on it, and that barcode can contain multiple DC codes in it. He said from now, whenever I bring a large tub of individual packages with DC barcodes on them, I should bring this form as well, that way the USPS employee only has to scan the 5630 form once, and then all the packages with DC barcodes will be scanned into the USPS postal system.

Sounds like a great idea. Some days I ship out like 25-50 packages, and being able to scan one barcode to enter in all those packages would be a great idea. Saves tons of time for the USPS. But I don't see any way to fill out a 5630 form on eBay's shipping site. I do all my shipping from eBay, and I don't want to have to change that.

Does anyone know if this form 5630 is available on eBay when shipping multiple DC barcode packages?

I'd ask eBay, but, well, you know, their CS sucks. And I'll probably get a better answer here.

Thanks in advance.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wow, another way the USPS wants to get lazy and do less work than what they are paid to do. Sorry this is not an answer to your question Alex.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Wow, another way the USPS wants to get lazy and do less work than what they are paid to do. Sorry this is not an answer to your question Alex.
True true, but I actually like the idea. If I can hand a teller 1 form with 1 barcode on it, and they scan that 1 barcode and then all 25-50 of my DC barcodes get scanned into the Postal System right then and there, that would be cool. I think it's a good idea, makes laziness less of an issue. Because you can't beet laziness, and you can't force it into submission. So finding a way around it is cool. I think.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had to send something via the USPS clickandship website a couple weeks back because it needed more insurance than paypal/ebay shipping allows. I noticed an option to print a sheet with the barcodes on it, but since it was only one package I didn't look into it. I've never seen that offered with paypal/ebay shipping. So it may be something thats only available to the online postage that is bought directly on USPS's system. Ebay/Paypal shipping is good and has most features that clickandship has, but not all.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I use the Paypal MultiOrder shipping tool and you can only print out the SCAN form BEFORE you actually print the labels. One of the post offices I go to will not scan acceptance for preprinted labels without the SCAN form, but others I've been to will do the acceptance scan without the form.

In the past before I took my packages to a retail counter for acceptance I found that many of them would sit at 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' status until a day or more later while in transit, usually around when it got to a sorting facility near the final destination.
I use the SCAN form since the acceptance scan shows the buyer that I did in fact drop off the package at the post office in my stated time frame.
powderkeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

as long as my stuff will fit in the blue mail box (or I let my work mailroom bring it to the PO) I don't need to wait in line or drop off anything with a live person except for the random package that needs to go to canada and I have to do a customs form for it.
It is a good idea though to have this multi barcode system. I don't ship enough like you to worry about it until it becomes the norm, but then we will go back to having 500 people in line and only 2 PO employees available. Its bad enough that people still don't know that you can buy stamps at the supermarket or at the self service kiosk and I have to wait behind the guy/gal getting ONE STAMP!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Scan sheet has been around for awhile.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Last time I was at the US Post Office, the clerk there told me there's a new USPS form, called the Scan Form 5630, which is one form with a bardcode on it, and that barcode can contain multiple DC codes in it. He said from now, whenever I bring a large tub of individual packages with DC barcodes on them, I should bring this form as well, that way the USPS employee only has to scan the 5630 form once, and then all the packages with DC barcodes will be scanned into the USPS postal system.

Sounds like a great idea. Some days I ship out like 25-50 packages, and being able to scan one barcode to enter in all those packages would be a great idea. Saves tons of time for the USPS. But I don't see any way to fill out a 5630 form on eBay's shipping site. I do all my shipping from eBay, and I don't want to have to change that.

Does anyone know if this form 5630 is available on eBay when shipping multiple DC barcode packages?

I'd ask eBay, but, well, you know, their CS sucks. And I'll probably get a better answer here.

Thanks in advance.
Well if this is this case, then usps would be saving money on labor, and should lower their prices. You know, pass their savings on to the consumer.

Insert laughter here ________________________.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Because you can't beet laziness, and you can't force it into submission. So finding a way around it is cool. I think.
without a doubt
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Well if this is this case, then usps would be saving money on labor, and should lower their prices. You know, pass their savings on to the consumer.

Insert laughter here ________________________.

No, because then they wouldn't be able to complain about how much money they are losing, and how they have to raise the prices so they don't lose money.

Just like every business in America!

RedSox82696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think the USPS should just hire the rank and file employees instead of paying $30 dollars an hour to drive around and put mail in a mailbox. How hard can that job really be?
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
I think the USPS should just hire the rank and file employees instead of paying $30 dollars an hour to drive around and put mail in a mailbox. How hard can that job really be?
Harder than you think, in fact so hard and stressful that I am taking college courses so I could get an accounting degree and leave the USPS behind for the friendly confines of an office!
dirtydistance is offline   Reply With Quote