Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Have anyone experience this type of Return from Ebay

Finally got to the forum, had to wait for activation. I am just asking around here if anyone has experience this kind of return from ebay. I sold a card on ebay when the demand was high on a specific player(will not specify what player). Once item was paid and shipped, the buyer waited a month and filed a claim. Buyer claim card was not in NrMint-Mint condition and i was told by ebay resolution to refund the buyer after the resolution was decided in the buyer favor. Reason i am asking this is because the card was sold when the value was high and now that the player hype has die down a bit. The value of the card is no longer where i sold it at. The buyer made an excuse to return the card even though the card was in NrMint-Mint by filing a claim. I just want to know if anyone has this kind of experience before on ebay because it sure let the buyer get away with this kind of stuff.
How i feel is that the buyer finally found out he paid more then he had to and decided to file a claim to get that value back because the card was no longer at the price point at which the buyer paid for. Very disappointed at ebay, had anyone here experience this?
newxtigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I personally haven't experienced this but with something like that it would be hard to prove that's what he's doing. That being said, that is why I never make a claim as to the condition of the card in any of my listings so that it can't come back on me. It certainly doesn't surprise me that ebay ruled in his favor as ebay almost always sides with the buyer. I guess the only thing you can do is just make sure the scan or picture of the card is clear and just state that the listing is for the card shown and just not make any claims about it being "NM-MT" and so forth. Although, it sucks when you have to take tons of steps to protect yourself...
Old 04-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

its total BS by the buyer. I don't even specify condition, let the pictures do the talking.
There are to many scumbags on ebay.
dhcollecting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Blame Ebay, ebay policies let buyer do this type of things. Sellers should complain more about ebay. Ebay may SOMEDAY realize that the customer is actually the sellers(sellers pay fees to ebay, hence the sellers are customers too ebay). I wish ebay treated its customers(sellers) like the sellers HAVE TO TREAT their customers(buyers). Sellers get screwed by both ends.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Can we get the name of the buyer please, so we can block him. Thank you.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

happens to me numerous amount times however not the same way. Usually its when a product comes out, singles are hot, and i crack a case or so, and then i get people bidding, not paying, and i open a case, wait for it to close, relist, and by then lose 40-50 percent of the value. I hate it!
JORDAN CRAWFORD
mrhoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

what is disturbing is that 80% of "collectors" can't properly determine whether their card is:

poor, good, ex/ex+, nm/nm+, mint....etc

and think that a card in excellent condition is better than a card in nm condition
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yep. Happened to me a few times. If your new on ebay, you'll learn there are more scumbags than there are good guys. if the card is not graded, try not to mention it's condition. That's what i've learned.
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have been lucky enough so far to not run into that problem. But there is certainly nothing you can do besides get the card back and block him from being able to bid with you again. Sucks that the cards value has gone way down. That is the only reason why the buyer did it though.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

im pretty sure the player was blake griffin, and i'm pretty sure anyone who was selling them had this issue, I had 2-3 returned im pretty sure it was a group of guys buying them up trying to rip people off.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Post his ebay ID - I would like to block him too.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

this has nothing to do with making sure you state the condition properly or making sure your pic is crystal clear. the buyer bougt in high, it went down in value so the dirtbag took advantage of the system & returned it.

not disclosing who the player is doesnt really matter but at the same time makes me curious to why you wont "specify" who it is. also, you should state who the buyer is so he/she can be blocked. i dont think i'd want to deal with someone so slimey. why do this buyer a favor? call him/her out!
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

thanks guys for all the reply. i have been on ebay for about 8 years. but started back up collecting sport cards last year in 2010. I really appreciate everyone here responding to this. i never had this kind of problem before until now. it sucked because i can not get the value of what i sold during that time. i never knew ebay would actually allow this kind of buy and return policy. i will try learn from this. Like said, just recently happened and got card already in ups being shipped back to me.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
not disclosing who the player is doesnt really matter but at the same time makes me curious to why you wont "specify" who it is. also, you should state who the buyer is so he/she can be blocked. i dont think i'd want to deal with someone so slimey. why do this buyer a favor? call him/her out!
reason i am not disclosing who the player is, because i want to know if it happened to anyone(with any specific player). meaning any type of player, which in my part was a bryce harper autograph card which i can disclose now since there are comment.
I do not want to be an A$$ disclosing the buyer name sorry.

Last edited by newxtigher; 04-23-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Its called Buyers Remorse and as you can see, most of us have had it happen to us. Reason now everyones asking for that persons user name is so we can add him to our blocked lists (also a great thread on this in the ebay subforum BTW) and hopefully avoid one user for this.