Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I'm a pretty experience shipper, but I have a question for you.

I didn't use to do the packing peanut thing, then I heard some POs were getting strict about the 3/4" when the new rates went into effect last year so I started doing it to avoid any buyers having problems.

I see you say this doesn't apply to online postage--can you give me a reference for that because I'd love to stop using the peanuts?
It is my personal experience in all of the cards I ship and receive. If you sandwich the cards between 2 pieces of cardboard it shouldn't ever have any problems.

Maybe the post offices were getting more strict on it, but so what? It's already got DC on it when you drop it in the mailbox. The windows clerks are the 'rule' enforcers, and they'll never see your package anyway.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
It is my personal experience in all of the cards I ship and receive. If you sandwich the cards between 2 pieces of cardboard it shouldn't ever have any problems.

Maybe the post offices were getting more strict on it, but so what? It's already got DC on it when you drop it in the mailbox. The windows clerks are the 'rule' enforcers, and they'll never see your package anyway.
I had a buyer tell me on another shipment (not from me) they got charged the difference in postage for Priority shipping because the package wasn't 3/4" thick and had DC (Priority doesn't have the 3/4" requirement). I went on the eBay boards and others reported this happening as well. I never had it happen to me, but I started using the peanut to avoid the issue. I was just curious if you got some official word otherwise.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I had a buyer tell me on another shipment (not from me) they got charged the difference in postage for Priority shipping because the package wasn't 3/4" thick and had DC (Priority doesn't have the 3/4" requirement). I went on the eBay boards and others reported this happening as well. I never had it happen to me, but I started using the peanut to avoid the issue. I was just curious if you got some official word otherwise.
First Class Mail to meet the DC requirements does have to be 3/4" thick. If not its upgraded to Priority and will be postage due.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

This may be a dumb question, but can you put first class mail packages in the mailbox if they have a prepaid label?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
This may be a dumb question, but can you put first class mail packages in the mailbox if they have a prepaid label?
Yes........
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

This is a great thread for information - should be made into a sticky.

So, in general what's the consensus of how much shipping should be considering supplies & postage?

I've seen a range from $2 and up for a regular card...

Thank you in advance for your help. I've been selling my cards on COMC to avoid the hassle of eBay but want to see if I can move some cards faster...
ecua131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

...and of course I just noticed that this thread is a sticky already!
ecua131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecua131 View Post
This is a great thread for information - should be made into a sticky.

So, in general what's the consensus of how much shipping should be considering supplies & postage?

I've seen a range from $2 and up for a regular card...

Thank you in advance for your help. I've been selling my cards on COMC to avoid the hassle of eBay but want to see if I can move some cards faster...
I come up with a price, add $2 to it, and use "free shipping".

Buying in bulk, you should be able to use $2 to cover supplies and postage, along with a tiny profit.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

I thought the 3/4" rule didn't apply as long as you made sure the package was "rigid"? I've been using Paypal's shipping labels and it automatically throws the DC on for free. If the PO has an issue with it, then I'll let them take it up with Paypal/Feebay.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun2049 View Post
I thought the 3/4" rule didn't apply as long as you made sure the package was "rigid"? I've been using Paypal's shipping labels and it automatically throws the DC on for free. If the PO has an issue with it, then I'll let them take it up with Paypal/Feebay.
You will loose this one if you are using bubble mailers. Per the USPS

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...Q&view%28%29=c[c_usps4537]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded

To use Delivery Confirmation, a Package Services or Parcel Select parcel must meet the following criteria:

The surface area must be large enough to contain completely and legibly the delivery/return information, postage, and any applicable markings, endorsements, and extra service forms.

The parcel must be greater than ¾ inch thick at at the thickest point.

If the mailpiece is no greater than ¾ inch thick, the contents must be prepared in rigid packaging: the contents must be prepared in a strong and rigid fiberboard or similar container or in a container that becomes rigid after the contents are enclosed and the container is secured. The parcel must be able to maintain its shape, integrity, and rigidity throughout processing and handling without collapsing into a letter-size or flat-size piece.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
You will loose this one if you are using bubble mailers. Per the USPS

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...Q&view%28%29=c[c_usps4537]&varset%28source%29=sourceType:embedded

To use Delivery Confirmation, a Package Services or Parcel Select parcel must meet the following criteria:

The surface area must be large enough to contain completely and legibly the delivery/return information, postage, and any applicable markings, endorsements, and extra service forms.

The parcel must be greater than ¾ inch thick at at the thickest point.

If the mailpiece is no greater than ¾ inch thick, the contents must be prepared in rigid packaging: the contents must be prepared in a strong and rigid fiberboard or similar container or in a container that becomes rigid after the contents are enclosed and the container is secured. The parcel must be able to maintain its shape, integrity, and rigidity throughout processing and handling without collapsing into a letter-size or flat-size piece.
How exactly do I lose that argument? My cards are always shipped with cardboard or decoys taped to the top and bottom, like a "Cardboard Sandwich". Therefore, my packages are always rigid. They maintain their shape because of the cardboard so it is unable to collapse into a letter or flat size piece.

Basically, you said I would lose the argument with the USPS over the "rigid rule", yet you stated specifically that the "rigid rule" I mentioned is one of the criteria they use. Your evidence is opposite what you said and corroborates what I said.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Since the Srt42004n threads have been deleted I wanted to repost my thoughts on how you should never be able to lose anyone's information for shipping/returns/etc on here:

1. Have your PM box expanded to 1000 messages - I'm not tell you how, there are plenty of other threads on the subject you can find

2. when you clean your PM box, download to CSV or TXT Files and save somewhere or print out before you delete anything

3. you should be receiving emails for every PM you receive. If not, set up your profile to link your email to your PMs (which includes the PM in full on replies as long as the other party doesn't delete all the info before sending) Also I get emails on all the threads I am subscribed to as long as they don't get deleted. Blowout has a great user interface, try playing around with your profile and settings.

4. Using these 3 methods, there is NO WAY YOU CAN FORGET OR LOSE SOMEONES DEAL
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Since the Srt42004n threads have been deleted I wanted to repost my thoughts on how you should never be able to lose anyone's information for shipping/returns/etc on here:

1. Have your PM box expanded to 1000 messages - I'm not tell you how, there are plenty of other threads on the subject you can find

2. when you clean your PM box, download to CSV or TXT Files and save somewhere or print out before you delete anything

3. you should be receiving emails for every PM you receive. If not, set up your profile to link your email to your PMs (which includes the PM in full on replies as long as the other party doesn't delete all the info before sending) Also I get emails on all the threads I am subscribed to as long as they don't get deleted. Blowout has a great user interface, try playing around with your profile and settings.

4. Using these 3 methods, there is NO WAY YOU CAN FORGET OR LOSE SOMEONES DEAL
correctamundo
Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

How come combined shipping doesn't show up on each item page in my listings? I'm sure I've done it right...

Also, what would you guys say is the best way to ship a bobblehead? It's about 5x5x9.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

I sold a card on ebay 2 weeks ago. I shipped the card USPS via First Class with DC and it appears to be lost. The last update on the tracking was it being sent to the sort facility then nothing after that. It is only a $25 card but what happens next here? I assume I am just out the $25 even though I can prove it was shipped with DC. I have sold hundreds of cards on eBay but this is the first time this has happened to me. Any help would be appreciated.
WizFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizFan View Post
I sold a card on ebay 2 weeks ago. I shipped the card USPS via First Class with DC and it appears to be lost. The last update on the tracking was it being sent to the sort facility then nothing after that. It is only a $25 card but what happens next here? I assume I am just out the $25 even though I can prove it was shipped with DC. I have sold hundreds of cards on eBay but this is the first time this has happened to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Sometimes you have to just wait. After a little while, you'll have to refund your buyer and ask that he pay if it shows up. Bookmark the tracking link and check it periodically. Sometimes it can take 7 months or more (yes, it happened to me).
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

Hey just a question on if i'm doing something wrong with shipping. So I used a bubble mailer, 2 cards so only a few ounces parcel service and it still calculates to about 5.30 with DC. Domestic mail MI to MO, am I picking something wrong is that about right with shipping costs? Because I see people being able to ship for half that it seems.

THanks in advance for any help
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by membadat View Post
Hey just a question on if i'm doing something wrong with shipping. So I used a bubble mailer, 2 cards so only a few ounces parcel service and it still calculates to about 5.30 with DC. Domestic mail MI to MO, am I picking something wrong is that about right with shipping costs? Because I see people being able to ship for half that it seems.

THanks in advance for any help
Yes, you must be doing something wrong. 3 oz First Class Mail Parcel with DC# (free) is $1.64 from anywhere in the USA to anywhere else in the USA.

Provide more detail about how you are arriving at $5.30 and we may be able to help. I suspect you have Priority Mail selected, not First Class.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #44 (permalink)

WOW, just noticed that. THanks a lot for the info that makes a huge difference. I was picking the wrong one.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #45 (permalink)

What exactly are these 'team bags' people put a lot of cards in? I want to send out 10-20 common cards at one time.
Coolstavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolstavi View Post
What exactly are these 'team bags' people put a lot of cards in? I want to send out 10-20 common cards at one time.
BCW Graded Card Sleeve Resealable - 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 (100 Ct. Pack) - $2.49 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #47 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. Now from the original post it talks about the steps for shipping cards. If I am sending 10-20 common cards, do I have to put them all in toploaders or is the team bag sandwiched between cardboard good enough?
Coolstavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolstavi View Post
Thanks for the reply. Now from the original post it talks about the steps for shipping cards. If I am sending 10-20 common cards, do I have to put them all in toploaders or is the team bag sandwiched between cardboard good enough?
Just a team bag will suffice.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Canadian postage for a package is minimum $3 to ship. It starts at $3. Small Flat rate box is $12.95.

If you try to send something as a letter/envelope, you might get it returned or force the receiver to pay more in postage. Letters/envelopes are only for items that are 1/4" in thickness. Most cards wouldn't fit unless there is no protection at all for the card.
dwest13cavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

I sold this
2011 MIKE TROUT TOPPS FINEST AUTO RC REFRACTOR /499 | eBay

the seller got the card and says that is not a refractor, wants a full refund, and opened a case.
Almost all of the other Mike trout finest autos are listed as refractors.
What should I do in this situation? He claims it does not say refractor on the card so it is not a refractor.

thanks for your help

his ebay username is phantom1257 and his name is C Falero jr and lives in NY beware!!