Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Absolutely unbelievable!

A little over a month ago, I sold a pretty valuable card ($1500) on Ebay. In the listing, we stated in the listing that it would be shipped via Registered USPS Priority Mail. Buyer paid by PayPal and we shipped it out the next day. Today I get an email from said buyer informing me that the package is en route back to me. Apparently, notices were left for him to pick up and he never did so. He is now demanding that I return the card as soon as I get it at my cost and is dictating that it not be sent registered. I have no problem returning the card to him, but I'm not about to foot the bill again after I've spent a good chunk of money to send it the first time. It was also stated in the auction that it was going to be sent Registered mail, so it's not like he wasn't aware of it. I'm not about to send something that valuable another way.

Frankly, I'm getting pretty fed up with the whole ebay scene. It's one ridiculous hassle after another.
larkinfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

While I'm not a fan of getting to the post office to sign for a card, I'll do it when needed....wonder what his excuse was for not getting any of the notices they give (3 covering 2 weeks?)?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

My only question for the Buyer is whats the guarantee he's actually going get off his lazy ............ and go to the Post Office this time. What would bother me is if his Post Office is a few blocks away from where he lives.
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's a $1500 card. He needs to respond to the notices sent by the post office. It sucks you're having trouble with this.

If you made a nice profit on the card, I'd send it to him one more time and pay for it. I would let him know that the auction clearly states this method of shipping, and that it's the LAST time you are going to pay for shipping to him, so he'd better go get it from the post office. Let him know that this protects both of you.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would not pay to send this card again there's getting to be too many lazy or arrogant people when it comes to doing their part on ebay auctions.
iam4car3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well the only problem is that he could file an paypal dispute and you would have no proof of delivery. You really cannot make him pay again, but if he left you positive feedback, I would leave him negative feedback and block him so you never have to deal with him again.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

FYI
acording to paypals rules all orders over 250.00 must beshiped with a signature confirmation & be viewed on line , the post office does not do this even if you can prove he recieved the item i thought you might want to know since $1500 is a hard hit to take on a charge back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkinfan11 View Post
A little over a month ago, I sold a pretty valuable card ($1500) on Ebay. In the listing, we stated in the listing that it would be shipped via Registered USPS Priority Mail. Buyer paid by PayPal and we shipped it out the next day. Today I get an email from said buyer informing me that the package is en route back to me. Apparently, notices were left for him to pick up and he never did so. He is now demanding that I return the card as soon as I get it at my cost and is dictating that it not be sent registered. I have no problem returning the card to him, but I'm not about to foot the bill again after I've spent a good chunk of money to send it the first time. It was also stated in the auction that it was going to be sent Registered mail, so it's not like he wasn't aware of it. I'm not about to send something that valuable another way.

Frankly, I'm getting pretty fed up with the whole ebay scene. It's one ridiculous hassle after another.
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

On cards that expensive ship via UPS or FedEx overnight. You get better tracking and you have more control if the package is not delivered.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote