Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reading, PA show

Once again, Reading PA was a major show for vintage. New card dealers seemed to do well because it was 5:1 vintage to new dealers.

As always wax was cheap, I could have had a case of last year's OPC very low, but I didn't want to put it on plastic (and its kind of redundant since I have almost 6 master sets still).

Picked up 3 boxes of 1994-95 Finest Hockey. Probably will rip since I got them so cheap.

2005-06 UD Series 2 wasn't as cheap as it was in March. I'm thinking this may be drying up and it might be time to jump on some cases. Unfortunately that product is a favorite around here as KaraandMelliesMommy is a fan of Tampa and a lot of their guys have cool jerseys and rookie cards in that set.

I think last year's OPC may be drying up too. A lot less of it that there was in March, but it had just been released then. There may not be as much of it out there as perceived.

Beckett was there peddling grading. I played the fool and deliberately put two cards with minor flaws in a stack and asked the grader if I should grade them. Sure enough he picked it out. Good enough for me. My Crosby Young Guns might be going to grading.

All in all a fun show. Saw a lot of folks I haven't seen since March, which was fun. Also vintage wax (if you can call 80s hockey vintage) was available. For a cool $6200 you could have had a box of 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee hockey.

For that I'll buy a PSA 9 Gretzky RC and keep the change though.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I used to do that show when it was in Ft. Washington. Too far for me though since it moved to Reading.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do you still set up at shows, where? I'm the guy who brings his little girls with him to local shows. LMK where you'll be at and maybe I'll be able to get down there.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Shows in S. Jersey are pretty lame and the table spaces are ridiculously high because alot of the shows are mall shows. I can't see having to sell $300. $400. worth of stuff before I see a profit plus having to sit there all day and night dealing with cheap people who want your best pulls for 30% of book so they can sell them on fleabay for 60%. Ft. Washington was cool because I shared the space so it was ALOT cheaper and unlike mall shows, everyone that came was there to buy cards. Even dealer to dealer sales were pretty good because you got alot of dealers from the whole East Coast it seemed.
Only show I do on occasion is Bordentown Armory but that would be a pretty good hike for you. Its a Sunday show too and since its football season, I probably won't do it for awhile. I used to go set up by 8:30 and wrap up around 12:30 just to get home for the Eagles game. The show was dead by then anyway.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote