Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Am I screwed??

So, I had a highend item on eBay. An international buyer asked me If he would sell to him. I usually never ship international but was in a desperate need of money so I agreed. He bought the card on 5/31 and paid right away. I shipped the item via registered mail and it comes with DC.

Yesterday, 7/8, I get an email from the buyer saying he never received the item. I checked the registered mail DC and showed it was accepted in NY on like 6/2 and it never updated again. He was asking if I can find out whats going on with it. I respond right away saying I'm very sorry that I will when I would get home from vacation because I don't have the info in front of me.

Today, he opens up a case saying he has sent emails and I haven't responded, which is completely false and he wants a full refund. Is there anything I can do or am I out of $400??
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

They will ask you for proof of shipping. GL. There is a way to track it but the PO may have to do the tracking for you. I hope you purchased insurance on something for that amount. You'd at least get your money back that way.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I have proof of shipping because it was sent registered. So If I show them that should I be okay?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
I have proof of shipping because it was sent registered. So If I show them that should I be okay?
Did you ship through paypal/eBay shipping? Did you purchase insurance? I believe anything sent registered has to be signed for. You may want to go to the PO on Monday and ask the PO about getting the full tracking on the package and tell them why.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would contact the USPS to attempt to get additional shipping info., it looks like the Buyer has the same info. so even if he got the card because there is no signature required he will claim he did not get it, and can fall back on the info. that on 6/2 it was in NY, then from there no information/tracking. It looks like you may be out the $400.00, unless you have insurance!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Tracking must be viewable online to be PP compliant.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Where was it going to? If it's an APO address it will never show delivered because once on a military transport there is no one to scan them.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
Proof of shipping will mean nothing, as a seller we must show proof of delivery. The only USPS choice that would be compliant is EMI which usually starts around $30 and goes up from there.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

If selling internationally pretty much the only PP/Ebay compliant shipping is Express Mail Internations from the USPS.

If you didn'r use this service you are SOL.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

this is why i dont ship international, ive gotten screwed to many times.
camarofan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ebay really does not have any standards for Shipping International. Its just really hard these days with them. I would stay away from it if you can. If its small item and not worth much then sure. But I have been wating 30+ days for a Football card I got from a guy in China. So far nothing. Hes got 100% so I am not so worried and hes getting updates but I was learly of ordering at first.

Carl

My Bucket:
http://s1196.photobucket.com/home/Ranger565/index
Ranger565 is offline   Reply With Quote