Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I'd be calling Ebay real quick on that one. A seller can't get out of a refund by refusing the return. Otherwise all returns would get refused. Hope you can still leave feedback.

Yeah I leftnegative feedback. Have tried calling ebay about it but just dont have the patience anymore to sit on hold and wait. When they emailed me about retuning the items, I replied back to that person and never got any type of response back.
vikingcollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #27 (permalink)

Exactly why I stopped selling out of the US.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I am in Australia, the buyer was in the USA. Not sure if you're replying to my info or what?
GarnettFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Inactive Account

After my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, paypal gave me a "courtesy" $200 refund. Meaning the decision was not reversed so the scammer got to keep the money also.

More detailed info can be found in the thread on ozcardtrader or hobbykings where people actually care about what is happening to their buying and selling market.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnettFan4Life View Post
After my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, paypal gave me a "courtesy" $200 refund. Meaning the decision was not reversed so the scammer got to keep the money also.

More detailed info can be found in the thread on ozcardtrader or hobbykings where people actually care about what is happening to their buying and selling market.
Keep in mind just because not as many post doesn't mean people don't look. If someone doesn't have anything to contribute they may not post.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Keep in mind just because not as many post doesn't mean people don't look. If someone doesn't have anything to contribute they may not post.
this thread has 850 views, the HK one has 2500 and my main site ozcardtrader is approaching 5000. Blowout by far has the most members I just don't think as many people look in this section. I dunno.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Inactive Account

syoung5599 ( 276) Not a registered user
Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Inactive Account

bump this so doesn't get lost in the archives
Old 10-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Inactive Account

anyone had experiences where registered shipping actually DID provide seller protection?

still amazed at this PAYPAL BS
Old 11-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Inactive Account

bump this up for people to read
Old 11-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #36 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing this bud. This is one reason I like to support my local brick and mortar store, stuff like this can't happen there. I'm surprised shops can stay in business these days with all the online sites and ebay.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #37 (permalink)

Why I mainly use COMC. Pretty soon exclusively. Cuts all that crap out.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:36 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Omg. This is part of the reason why I NEVER ship international. I know it can happen in the US also. But much much easier to track a person down if needed.
I agree. I know it can happen hear too, but if it would I look at it as incentive to take a vacation to that location......
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Give this a bump for people to read
Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #40 (permalink)

You got a $200 PayPal courtesy refund for losing a claim of $77?

Incidentally, have you looked into using eBay's ShipCover insurance? I use it often for shipping overseas items greater than $75-$100. I've had to file one claim in the past and did receive that claim of $140. ShipCover is easy to use, not very expensive, and seems to provide ample protection when you lose those "item not received" claims. (ShipCover covers your loss of the claim) I'm not sure if eBay offers ShipCover to Australian sellers?
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
You got a $200 PayPal courtesy refund for losing a claim of $77?

Incidentally, have you looked into using eBay's ShipCover insurance? I use it often for shipping overseas items greater than $75-$100. I've had to file one claim in the past and did receive that claim of $140. ShipCover is easy to use, not very expensive, and seems to provide ample protection when you lose those "item not received" claims. (ShipCover covers your loss of the claim) I'm not sure if eBay offers ShipCover to Australian sellers?

I got a courtesy 200 for losing a 200 claim (the cards he claimed missing sold for 77 but paypal just made it for the total order amount).

ShipCover doesn't matter now because ebay closed my account and I wouldn't use them anymore anyway. Currently trying to find and spread the word of alternatives like quicksales.com.au