Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/)
-   -   this weeks ipos (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ebay-comc-online-selling-shows-paypal-shipping/189892-weeks-ipos.html)

natbornkiller 08-22-2011 11:12 AM

this weeks ipos

derek jeter - bout time they did another yankee :D

brandon beachy - might be tempting
and

umbaldooooooooooooooooooooos steakhouse - nyers might get the reference

WCTYSON 08-22-2011 12:20 PM

I will have to say no thanks to all of these.

Zacky1053 08-22-2011 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=WCTYSON;1587696]I will have to say no thanks to all of these.[/QUOTE]

I know having eTopps cards that are real moneymakers are rare these days, but it's funny how much money people put into prospects' "pre-rookie" cards, then the ones with the rookie logo come out after their debut they have little value in comparison.

Then again, you can partially blame MLB for bringing in this system too.

georgewashinton 08-23-2011 03:18 AM

I'm sure I am just being dumb. But I am etopps novice and I am trying to figure out the value on these cards and like I said above I am just not tracking what your laying down. So I know the red /999 "RC" version of Mike Trout is selling higher ($5.89) than the previous 2011 silver one /799 ($5.09), but is that just because the red one is newer or will it continue to be worth more in the future. Also I am sure this would have a great impact on the value of each, but is either one of these cards more likely to have an auto oppurtunity than the other if there ever is one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

WCTYSON 08-23-2011 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=georgewashinton;1590275]I'm sure I am just being dumb. But I am etopps novice and I am trying to figure out the value on these cards and like I said above I am just not tracking what your laying down. So I know the red /999 "RC" version of Mike Trout is selling higher ($5.89) than the previous 2011 silver one /799 ($5.09), but is that just because the red one is newer or will it continue to be worth more in the future. Also I am sure this would have a great impact on the value of each, but is either one of these cards more likely to have an auto oppurtunity than the other if there ever is one?

Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand your question but I will try. The /999 is the MLB version and the /799 is the MiLB version. There is a large segment of collectors that will not touch the minor league cards, myself included except for flipping. I also would say the MLB version is much more likely to be auto'ed in the future. I do not think they have offered any MiLB cards for autos, yet. Hope this helps.

georgewashinton 08-24-2011 02:39 AM

It does, thanks.

elchako 08-29-2011 10:05 PM

Anyone get their orders fulfilled? I'm thinking the hurricane set them back a bit...