Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay Help?

Pretty common situation here, but only happened to me once.

I sold a card October 26th for 47 and the bid came late. Like within the last 45 minutes from what I remember. He also has little feedback. I have not recieved payment yet, and I e-mailed him yesterday evening, and today. He has not responded to either. I am able to open a NPB in about 15 minutes, but here's the thing. If I open a NPB and he does end up paying (Or he doesn't) is he able to leave me a negative? To be honest, the negative is the last thing I want since I don't have enough feedback to cover it. What should I do in this situation, and is there an was I can avoid this in future transactions? I really appreciate any help I get.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

personally i would open the claim asap just to cover your ass...so open it in 15 minutes, and then message him to let him know...just say it has been 4 days since the auction ended and i havent received your payment and/or any contact from you so I have opened a NPB claim against your account, nothing will happen to your account if you pay within the next 4 days so please do so, so we can avoid any future issues....

that way you wont piss him off and you'll cover your ass, I wouldnt worry about the negative as if you do everything by the book and he still neg's you ebay should remove it...best of luck and hopefully he pays asap, theres nothing more frustrating than a NPB
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
personally i would open the claim asap just to cover your ass...so open it in 15 minutes, and then message him to let him know...just say it has been 4 days since the auction ended and i havent received your payment and/or any contact from you so I have opened a NPB claim against your account, nothing will happen to your account if you pay within the next 4 days so please do so, so we can avoid any future issues....

that way you wont piss him off and you'll cover your ass, I wouldnt worry about the negative as if you do everything by the book and he still neg's you ebay should remove it...best of luck and hopefully he pays asap, theres nothing more frustrating than a NPB
Why not email him and ask his intentions?

Filing immediately isn't in your best interests. It does not cover your a$$ - from what are you looking to be covered from? Send him a polite email first. If he ignores that, then file.

I can tell you right now that eBay will not remove a negative except in the most extreme cases - extremely rare. "Doing everything right" is not going to get a negative removed.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Once a claim is opened, the buyer nor the seller can leave feedback.

If the buyer is on the east coast, they may be without access. That being said the NPB claim stays open for 5 days, so they should be able to get on and pay.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Why not email him and ask his intentions?

Filing immediately isn't in your best interests. It does not cover your a$$ - from what are you looking to be covered from? Send him a polite email first. If he ignores that, then file.

I can tell you right now that eBay will not remove a negative except in the most extreme cases - extremely rare. "Doing everything right" is not going to get a negative removed.
I've already emailed him twice, though. I have not gotten a response. And the bolded part is what scares me. I've had this happen before, but the buyer had 1000+ feedback, and he responded after the second message. This guy has 60+ feedback (With two negs), and doesn't seem to want to reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post

If the buyer is on the east coast, they may be without access. That being said the NPB claim stays open for 5 days, so they should be able to get on and pay.
PM Sent.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

I will add that if a case is opened and the buyer then pays, they can then leave feedback. I had a case opened, the guy paid, I shipped, then he waited 45 days to leave negative feedback because he was pissed I opened a NPB case.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

It only has to remain open for 4 days and then can be closed.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I will add that if a case is opened and the buyer then pays, they can then leave feedback. I had a case opened, the guy paid, I shipped, then he waited 45 days to leave negative feedback because he was pissed I opened a NPB case.
This happens quite a bit. Or if they don't leave a neg, they'll leave you very low DSR's in communication. I used to open NPB cases on the 8th day, was getting lots of low DSR's for it. eBay even threatened to stop me from selling because my communication DSR's were so low. I switched to allowing 14 days to pay, and I never file a NPB anymore, I now file cancel item requests, and that solved the low comm DSR problem for me. eBay is a buyers world, no doubt about it. Buyer revenge is unregulated and unstoppable.

Good luck whatever you decide do a-train10. I would add that most buyers know that a negative or two doesn't mean a seller is bad. I always read seller feedback and it's quite clear when a seller is good but just ran into some bad feedback from an unreasonable buyer. I think most people can see through that kind of feedback.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 10-31-2011 at 06:31 AM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

I would sign up for unpaid buyer assistance. In this same case, in 4 days ebay will file a case for you, and in 4 days or depending on your setting, ebay will close the case. In an Unpaid Buyer Assistance case, the seller cannot leave you a negative because ebay has filed the case for you. Its not worth sweating a negative and I've had 5-6 negative feedbacks removed by ebay seamlessly because of this situation.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Update:

I decided to let him have one more day to respond to my e-mails, and he did respond. He said he was arrested Friday because of his third DUI. He said that he can not pay for the item, and would like me to just cancel the transaction without leaving him bad feedback. No way out of this one, I guess. May as well just cancel. But if I cancel, do I get the fees I owe eBay back?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

If you cancel all fees are refunded.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

I e-mailed him back saying I will cancel the transaction and no feedback will be left. If you want the buyer's name, PM me, but if he's telling the truth, he won't be buying any of your items for a while.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Dang! I should have read this thread about an hour ago.

I don't sell a ton on ebay but have thrown up some cards again recently. I offer people combined shipping on purchases within 7 days. One guy buys a card 2 weeks ago (October 23rd). I've sent 3 invoices since then with no response so tonight I opened a case. He must have some setting that pays as soon as a claim is filed because payment was made immediately after (is this pretty common?). I closed the claim immediately as well.

Anyway, this is my first experience with filing a claim. Was really hesitant to do it for fear of a negative or low DSRs but he did not respond to the invoices. Live and learn I suppose.