Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ETopps Question...Does anybody know?

When eTopps issues new cards and then has a shipping special for that particular set, do they send out cards serial numbered in order and starting form 0001?

For instance, I have an eTopps A & G Yankee Stadium Tribute set that's serial numbered 0562/1499. Does this mean that at least 562 sets were shipped out, (sets numbered 0001/1499 to 0562/1499)? Leaving at most only 937 of each card remaining to be traded on-line?

I would be cool to know the answer. Anyone?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
mdh

Couldn't tell you about topps, but I asked Donruss that question, and they said they shipped them out at random. I had received a card numbered 01 / 50 and was curious if I was the first person to send for this redemption. Guess i wasnt!
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

The answer to your question is no. eTopps ships cards and sets randomly although they tend to do them in batches (i.e. set numbers 1,300-1,399 will get shipped, then 100-150, or something like that). Anyway, you can't tell how many are "in hand" by looking at the serial number of your card/set.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Matt

I think they shipped them out based on when they were ordered. I forget which number my set is, but I think its in the middle of the print run. I would assume that with this set in particular that they were shipped in order.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Matt

I think they shipped them out based on when they were ordered. I forget which number my set is, but I think its in the middle of the print run. I would assume that with this set in particular that they were shipped in order.
So you think they started with 0001 and shipped in order from there?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

The way the emails came (think I still have them), your set number had nothing to do with then it was ordered, but more on when you requested it to be shipped. The set numbers would follow this. I've never read anything to this point that indicated how many cards were sold in sets, and/or how many where shipped. Those that took advantage of the special shipping offer got not only the matching set (all same sn'd) but the special patch. This was the only way to get that patch.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
The way the emails came (think I still have them), your set number had nothing to do with then it was ordered, but more on when you requested it to be shipped. The set numbers would follow this. I've never read anything to this point that indicated how many cards were sold in sets, and/or how many where shipped. Those that took advantage of the special shipping offer got not only the matching set (all same sn'd) but the special patch. This was the only way to get that patch.
Everyone that ordered all of the cards was allocated that special patch. It didn't matter if you had them shipped to you or not. I know this only because patches are being sold on eTopps all the time.

I sure wish there was a way to know how many cards were left in-port.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Are you sure about that Matt? Of course I cant find any of my emails on it!

I thought that you only got the patch by ordering the set and placing the delivery w/in the 1 week window they had (or did that just get you the matching serial numbered set)?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you sure about that Matt? Of course I cant find any of my emails on it!

I thought that you only got the patch by ordering the set and placing the delivery w/in the 1 week window they had (or did that just get you the matching serial numbered set)?
I think it just got you the matching serial numbered set. Those patches are being sold on eTopps site because I have 10 of them in-port right now. If they were delivering those, they can never be in-port ever again. That is, as I understand how eTopps works.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

I ordered as soon as special shipping was up, my # was 380. I am pretty sure the patch came with order of entire set, was not offered if you bought 1 or 2 cards only. Nothing to do with special S&H.
There is no organized shipping or organized anything etopps does
CS told me a group of guys and gals just grab and ship, 001 and 1100 may go out on the same day.
Etopps LAWno one will ever know how many Etopps cards are in hand due to national security
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
Etopps LAWno one will ever know how many Etopps cards are in hand due to national security
Made me laugh.

Thank you! It's too bad it has to be such a secret. It could only help their business letting every know how many of each card can still be traded on-line and in-port.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Made me laugh.

Thank you! It's too bad it has to be such a secret. It could only help their business letting every know how many of each card can still be traded on-line and in-port.
I have been with Etopps since thier 2nd year, giving the in-hand #s has been the biggest fight from the beginning. They will never do it!
So many super math experts on the MB have come up with so many formulars to figure it out but they are more funny than anything

Just found this:
The 10-card set is only $99 and will include the FREE Patch card!

How it works:

You must purchase the Yankee Stadium Tribute cards as a set. Once cards are allocated, each card will be placed in your online portfolio separately at $9.90 per card. You will then be guaranteed one FREE patch card in your portfolio, at $0 value. At that point you will be able to trade, sell and buy the cards separately. If you wish to request delivery, you can have the entire set delivered or you can ship the cards separately. Just like all eTopps cards, each card will be individually encased*.

*While the Allen & Ginter eTopps cards differ in size from regular eTopps cards, they will continue to be encased in our standard sized eTopps tamper-evident, plastic case with eTopps sticker. The cards will be placed into a fitted frame and then fixed inside of the case.

Please note, for every set are allocated, you will get 1 free patch card. The patch card will be allocated into your online portfolio immediately after the regular allocation process. Similar to the other 10 Yankee Stadium Tribute cards being offered you will be able to trade and sell this card via eTopps, but when this card is allocated it will have a $0 value.

Special Discounted Shipping and Guaranteed Matching Sequential Numbers Offer!

Allen & Ginter Yankee Stadium Tribute Cards will be allocated on August 12th. We will offer special discounted shipping window between August 13, 2008 and August 27, 2008. If all 11 cards, including the patch card, from the Yankee Stadium Tribute set are present in your portfolio and you request delivery of the set during this window you will receive a boxed set with a special shipping discount of $9.99 per set, and we guarantee each card in the set will have matching sequential numbers (for example, the Babe Ruth card will be 5 of 1499, the Lou Gehrig card will be 5 of 1499, the Jackie Robinson card will be 5 of 1499, and so forth).

IMPORTANT: Offer is valid for delivery of the Yankee Stadium Tribute set ONLY. No other combination of cards will be eligible for the discounted shipping. While there is no limit on the number of sets you may request through this offer, each set is subject to its own discounted shipping price. eTopps rewards points cannot be used towards this special shipping offer. Should you request delivery of these cards after August 27, 2008 you will be subject to regular shipping costs, we can no longer guarantee the sequential numbers on the cards will match, and the cards will not be delivered in the special box.

Be sure to visit eTopps on August 4th! This special limited set goes on sale at 1PM EST and is available through Monday, August 11th, 3AM EST. One week only! You don’t want to miss out… this set will go fast!

Last edited by papajim; 03-06-2009 at 11:54 AM.
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

any getting the wbc etopps
Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek3 View Post
Anyone getting the wbc etopps?
Hoping to get them all.