Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Fleabay Genius Rant

I sold the Randy Moss SPA 10 RC on Thursday night to this genius for his BO of $300. He had emailed me twice in about 30 minutes asking me whats the lowest I would go in order to end it that night. He offers me $275. after I tell him $300. Right there I should have know this would be a pain. I counter with $300 DLVD. and tell him thats my rock bottom. He accepts and I send him the invoice. I'm thinking he is going to pay right then but he doesn't send me the payment until today (with a ship ASAP note attached). OF COURSE its from an unconfirmed address. I dont know how much friggin bigger I could have made it in the listing about confirmed address' only. WTF - I know he had to see it so I guess he is just one of those that just make their own rules up as they go.
I'm not so much worried about the unconfirmed part because I'll ship insured with signature confirmation in the event he tries a chargeback. His 14 negatives out of 1600+ feedback doesn't show him as doing that before (most negs are from his sales) but you never know. What has me po'd is I love how people just do whatever the hell they please with other peoples auctions.

I'm seriously considering blocking his payment and telling him I won't ship to his unconfirmed address BUT there are two factors holding me back :
1.) I'm sure he won't pay with another form of payment. I'm also sure I'll get an undeserved negative from him since he left one for another seller who refused to ship to his non-confirmed address.

2.) The auction that I was watching ends tonight and I wanted to use the Moss money towards this bid.

Why is nothing ever easy and just go as planned ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I'm not so much worried about the unconfirmed part because I'll ship insured with signature confirmation in the event he tries a chargeback.
:
You realize you would still be screwed if he tried the chargeback, right? No way would I EVER ship to an unconfirmed addy if it's over 10.00.
Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

No I would'nt ship it either ...
If it clearly states confirmed address's only in the auction listing then that's his bad luck ...
No way I'd take that paypal payment --- you're sitting pretty for a chargeback cause the signature confirmation won't help at all since it's a unconfirmed address ....
and insurance won't help cause if you did sent it with d/c and you see he got it then how can you claim insurance ??? plus he'd have to agree to lie about getting it when making out his part of the insurance claim ...

It's up to you whether it's worth the risk of not only the $$ but the card as well ...
I'd simply make him either get a unconfirmed address or make him pay another way ...
good luck and let us know what happens ,

ron
hockeyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Tim is correct- you will not be covered if you ship to his unconfirmed address. You should consider refunding the payment. If he screws you on the chargeback not only will you be out the Moss card but also left holdong the bag to pay for the card you want that ends tonight. Sorry you had to get an idiot for this Bam.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I thought if I had his signature at delivery his CC company couldn't honor his chargeback since I'd have proof of delivery. No way will I ship it now. I don't understand why people still have unconfired address' anyway or why Paypal even allows it still.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Bam,

You're on the side of the angels here. DEFINIETLY block his payment and don't send the card. If he leaves you a negative, just reply to it saying that the auction clearly states that you ONLY ship to confirmed addresses.
rippit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Bam- If you really dont want payments from uncomfirmed addresses anympre, set your Paypal preferences to block them. It will still allow international payments through but no US unconfirmed buyers will be able to send payments.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

Chucky, please tell us how to do this. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah Chucky, how do you do that ? I went to Paypal after I refunded his money and couldn't find any link to allow me to set that preference. HELP

Old 11-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

When you sign into your account on the home page click on the profile tab at the top right. That takes you to the page to change many things for your account. Look at the selling preferences column and click Payment receiving preferences. You will see it there.

Glad I could help.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Thanks Chucky!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Chucky you are the man. Just made the change.
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks Chucky

BTW just to follow up on this. Yesterday I refunded his payment and sent him a polite email explaing to him why he got his money back. Today he sent me this reply :

I just recently moved. I will confirm it with Pyapal and resend you payment as soon as it is confirmed. I apologize. Just be patient and you will get paid. Thankyou

- sportschampioncards

Hopefully this will work out but we'll see. Whats the cut-off point amount for using delivery confirmation as valid proof of delivery with Paypal ?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

I don't think it matters. When I ship with insurance I use delivery confirmation for extra protection!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Sounds like you are dealing with a rare, level-headed individual Bam!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

You need to use signature confirmation for items over $250. I would give this guy a time limit to get his address confirmed or he might drag it out for a while. If he gets right on it it can be done in 7-10 days.

By the way Bam, did you go ahead and get the card you wanted last night?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

I was going after a 2001 UD Legends Unitas auto which I figured would go for right around book which is $300. My assumption was right but I didn't pursue it after that sale fell through. Wasn't going to dip into my case fund which is why I listed the Moss. I could have dipped into my other account but I promised myself I would never do that and I didn't.
To try and salvage something positive out of this mess I decided to comfort myself with a bid on a 2000 GOTG Sammy Baugh auto only I got outbid with a under 10 seconds left.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

hey Chucky how about insurance instead of SC of items over 250. They have to sign for all insurace items over 200 via USPS. Just curious if that works
Andy
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
hey Chucky how about insurance instead of SC of items over 250. They have to sign for all insurace items over 200 via USPS. Just curious if that works
Andy
Insurance is not trackable ONLINE and so Paypal will not accept it. In their eyes any document you could submit could be faked whick is true in this day and age.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Bam- You will get another chance at a United auto. I do hope this guy pays you for the Moss. But as well as he is playing right now I think you can get what you want for it even if you have to relist it.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

question - i've always shipped to canada from the PO, but when i was pokin around paypal to ship to canada using paypal, they require a Customs Form Envelope 2976E

WTF is that? I fill out the green customs form thing at the PO, is this the same thing for shipping via paypal?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

chucky, if i am correct i think you can get all the information from an insurance claim from the post office and then fax it to paypal. I had a claim last year on a matt leinart topps chrome auto rookie and the dbag claimed he never got it after leaving me positive feedback. I normally would have thrown the receipt away but i didnt on that item took it to the po and they gave me the papers which i faxed to paypal. then paypal found in my favor. has that changed in the last year because if it has i need to start using sc on those items.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
chucky, if i am correct i think you can get all the information from an insurance claim from the post office and then fax it to paypal. I had a claim last year on a matt leinart topps chrome auto rookie and the dbag claimed he never got it after leaving me positive feedback. I normally would have thrown the receipt away but i didnt on that item took it to the po and they gave me the papers which i faxed to paypal. then paypal found in my favor. has that changed in the last year because if it has i need to start using sc on those items.
I was told by one of their big supervisors that Paypal will no longer accept anything that is faxed. Any document can be altered but online info cannot. I am sure there are exceptions to everything but this seems to be their rule now.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

Yep. You used to be able to fax it in, but not anymore.

Basically any buyer can get away with this on high-dollar items once, but if they do it repeatedly, that's when PayPal notices and will start to consider other options.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well here we go again. I'm so fed up right about now with fleabay, paypal and everything that goes with it. I never had any problems with this before and now WHAM ! 2 in less than one week.
I had an AP lot listed and I accepted a best offer of $50. Buyer has only 9 feedback but they all are positive and say fast pay blah blah blah so I gave him a chance. I had another offer for the same amount from another buyer with 17 feedback all positive but the other guy had his offer in first so I took the first offer trying to be fair. Guy tries to pay with an unconfirmed address. This time (thanks to Chucky) it gets denied so what does he do but send it again and it gets denied again.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF A BUYER HAS A CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESS BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THEIR BEST OFFER ? THATS TWICE IN ONE WEEK WHERE THIS HAS HAPPENED AND TO BE HONEST ITS A PAIN IN THE B*LLS. ITS NOT LIKE I DON'T MENTION THIS IN MY LISTING WITH THESE "PEOPLE"