Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay buyers not reading about what they purchase

This is not card related at all.

I sell the named NCAA 12 rosters for PS3 on ebay, and I start my auctions at $2 and BIN $3.50. It seems that about once a month a bidding war begins on one of these where someone bids the $2 and the BIN gets removed. I can only assume that people think its the actual game itself because just recently the bidding went all the way to $28.

I got a message from the guy who won and he says I accidentally placed this bid on my phone please remove. I didnt get the message til the auction ended so he was SOL at this point.

My question to you guys, is my auction misleading? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

and should I cancel the transaction and let him get away with what I think was bidding without reading the description, or should I let it go all the way through to a case and have him receive a strike for not paying?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ebay is 100% Bidder....

Your last line:
THIS IS NOT THE GAME. I WILL NO LONGER OFFER REFUNDS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE DETAILS.

Means nothing. If you don't show proof of delivery you will lose a case 100% of the time.

So if some knuckledragging mouth breather bids $15 expecting the game and pays you then you will have to refund.

Are video game players this hard up that they need this "product" you are selling?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just mail him a list of names with DC...done deal
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ebay is 100% Bidder....

Your last line:
THIS IS NOT THE GAME. I WILL NO LONGER OFFER REFUNDS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE DETAILS.

Means nothing. If you don't show proof of delivery you will lose a case 100% of the time.

So if some knuckledragging mouth breather bids $15 expecting the game and pays you then you will have to refund.

Are video game players this hard up that they need this "product" you are selling?
Yea I know that last line means nothing. It is more or less to let bidders know that they arent bidding on the game so hopefully they catch that before they bid so whoever actualy wants this gets it for the cheap price instead of some fool wasting my time.

Honestly, I dont mind if I lose a case. 99% of the time cases get opened because the buyer hasnt paid, so its opened on my end. The buyer never responds so the case is closed.

And, I didnt think people would want this product as much as they do. Hey it funds my card purchases somewhat haha.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

To answer your specific question, 100% of eBay buyers will not read 100% of eBay listings and there is nothing you can say or do that will change that.

You can reduce the chances of this happening. For example, instead of a stock picture of the video game, you could show a photo of what the buyer will actually receive (maybe a printout of a list). At the very least, you could Photoshop words like ROSTER LIST on top of the image of the video game, using bright red or some other noticeable color.

You could also have a title that says something like "ROSTER LIST for (name of video game ROSTER LIST ONLY)".

If you're going to yell at folks in large red capital letters, you might as well put those at the top of the listing and at the bottom of the listing and in the checkout instructions, but don't expect it to be 100% effective.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
To answer your specific question, 100% of eBay buyers will not read 100% of eBay listings and there is nothing you can say or do that will change that.

You can reduce the chances of this happening. For example, instead of a stock picture of the video game, you could show a photo of what the buyer will actually receive (maybe a printout of a list). At the very least, you could Photoshop words like ROSTER LIST on top of the image of the video game, using bright red or some other noticeable color.

You could also have a title that says something like "ROSTER LIST for (name of video game ROSTER LIST ONLY)".

If you're going to yell at folks in large red capital letters, you might as well put those at the top of the listing and at the bottom of the listing and in the checkout instructions, but don't expect it to be 100% effective.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely change up my listing some to incorporate some of this stuff.