Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default what to do with this Ebay thief?

I'll try to keep this simple:

1. I sold a card to a guy in Germany, he paid $123.50 and I spend $17 on shipping for registered.

2. July 29th, he files claim that he didnt get card, I told him to wait longer since it's international.

3. Tracking never updates, he wins the claim and gets $123.50 back on Aug 14th. Buyer seems reasonable and says if it shows up later he will pay me.

4. Recently, I get a letter from USPS that the Germal Postal Service sent notification that the item was delivered on Aug 16th (2 days after claim closed). Buyer never said he got it and never paid me.

In the end I lost a $123.50 card and $17 I paid for shipping, so $140+. I havent shipped anywhere but USA and Canada ever since then and never will again.

Is there any way to contact this guy and call him out? I faxed ebay my proof from USPS that he got the item but since its over 45 days they said there isnt much they can do. I told them internation inquiries take 30-90 days and thats just how the system works. They said they will ask the buyer but can't force him to do anything at this point.

Last edited by saintsfan9; 12-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I don't know how many times I have to post this......

DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE US.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

my auction stated US only and wish the guy from US that bid $120.00 won it instead. I decided to just pay for registered mail and avoid the hassle of offering to someone else. Paid the price and learned from it. I had some auctions recently sell to Euro countries and I cancel the sale as soon as the auction is over.

I hate how even though my settings are US only, it still lets people from other countries to bid.

Also, the only reason I ship to canda is cause I sell hockey stuff too, but only hockey is set to sell to CAN.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
my auction stated US only and wish the guy from US that bid $120.00 won it instead. I decided to just pay for registered mail and avoid the hassle of offering to someone else. Paid the price and learned from it. I had some auctions recently sell to Euro countries and I cancel the sale as soon as the auction is over.
You can block Intl bidders. I would have told him that the auction was US only.

Rather have the negative then be out $140.

Of course, with the way Ebay is going, 1 negative might get your selling privileges revoked for 30 days.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

My advice, keep an eye on the seller, cause some people are dumb enough to claim they didn't receive the card & then sell it a week/month later on the same account they bought it with.
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfDestruct808 View Post
My advice, keep an eye on the seller, cause some people are dumb enough to claim they didn't receive the card & then sell it a week/month later on the same account they bought it with.
he has 160 feedback as buyer and 0 as a seller so I doubt that will ever happen

however if anyone has any thing that can check for items sold in the last few months, ebay and ebay in other countries or other sites, it's this card:

its a 2008-09 Ultimate #10/10

(i realize this is the football forum but this is where I always post and sport doesnt really matter in this situation)

Last edited by saintsfan9; 12-11-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

What a scumbag for pulling that sh!t on you. I'm sorry to hear of this buddy.
Georgia Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry about your loss. Can you please share the name of this eBay buyer so I (and maybe others) can block him?

In my experience, more than 99% of Intl buyers are honest. But Germany seems to produce the most eBay thieves these days. If you change your mind about blocking all Intl buyers, next time you might consider shipping with USPS Priority Flat Rate and using ShipCover insurance. It will protect you against losing money on these claims. It works.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...will-work.html
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Think of this, that Scum wins the case gets the money back and then to have a photo of the look on his face when that card showed up 2 days later and he knew he had your money and your card. Evil, flat out Evil!

Kevin
Old 12-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

if you shipped registered you had a customs form number, you should have input it on his claim you wouldn't have lost. that's where you messed up at, by not giving them the proper information on shipping they automatically just give it to the other person.

it took almost a full month for your item to get there?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post

1000000000% AGREE. Not even to Canada.

Even though you should be able to dispute that case decision and get that thing over turned in your favor.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
You can block Intl bidders. I would have told him that the auction was US only.

Rather have the negative then be out $140.

Of course, with the way Ebay is going, 1 negative might get your selling privileges revoked for 30 days.
Just adjusted my settings for no international bidders as well.

Feel bad for the OP and would like to avoid this issue if possible...
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

you can do international shipping you just have to know how to handle it, you have to input the customs form number and once it's received or signed for your straight........ you just have to handle it properly just like you would a normal claim and putting in the tracking info.
alot of people don't know how to handle it, that's why they continue to get ripped off by these overseas guys, i've had people try that on me, and each time I just put in the customs form number and I win the case when it arrives. it's just like a tracking number, it shows up when it arrives and confirms it got there. you can't track it on the website, but it confirms that the package has arrived with the post office/ebay.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

I will tell you right now cause I have been burned twice on this once because of how the OP was and then I got complete tracking info and everything and was told that once it gets to there country they cant vouch for anything of the tracking info and that It can only show that it got to the country at the most. Ebay and paypal will always screw over the seller.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

EMI with the signature confirmation box checked is the only way to be PP compliant.

The Ship/Cover option that Alex mentions is like private insurance purchased through eBay shipping and would cover your loss, but you would still lose the PP claim just not be out the money.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

how can you lose a paypal claim with signature delivered confirmation? you must have never called in and got it taken care of, I've never lost a case like this.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
how can you lose a paypal claim with signature delivered confirmation? you must have never called in and got it taken care of, I've never lost a case like this.
you clearly didnt read anything and just made up a post. thanks for the input
Old 12-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

+1111111111111111111

USA only ufck the rest
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is online now   Reply With Quote