Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Question - Seller taking too long to ship

Hello!

I need some opinions on the following as I'm still learning eBay etiquette:

I purchased a BIN on a case of cards for over $1700 recently. The seller had a 5 day handling time on the auction. Ok that's fine.

I contacted the seller after the purchase to let him/her know that I was going to be out of town around Xmas and would it be possible to maybe try to ship it with a quicker shipping method than ground. I offered to pay the difference naturally.

The seller responded that it would most like ship on a Friday which was the 5th day of handling and it also might ship on the following Monday which would be the 6th day of handling with no response to ship it any faster. I replied saying that I hope it shipped on the Friday as that was the 5th and final day of handling and if it happened to ship late (6th day) I would really appreciate it he/she could upgrade the shipping since it was beyond the handling that was stated in the auction. No response...

Yesterday was the 6th day and still no tracking number or email from the seller saying the item has shipped. I sent the seller a polite message saying that I haven't seen an update in the item being shipped yet.

At this point I have to be under the assumption that it has not yet shipped and we are into day 7 of the handling. 2 days late for my item that I spent a lot of money on with no update.

How much longer do you guys think should I wait it out and maybe contact eBay about this? What would/do you do in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
kgsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

In my experience every time it has taken more than 3 days for DC on a case of cards I have never received it. I would open a claim now.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

If the seller does not contact you tonight, open a claim first thing tomorrow. 7 business days is way to long to wait on a 1700$ purchase.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well first of all do not count yesterday as a business day since the PO was closed. Secondly, take the handling time as a guide and not gospel - sort of like a price guide.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Given the holidays I would expect you'll get an answer today. If not, I'd be getting concerned.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsportscards View Post
Hello!

I need some opinions on the following as I'm still learning eBay etiquette:

I purchased a BIN on a case of cards for over $1700 recently. The seller had a 5 day handling time on the auction. Ok that's fine.

I contacted the seller after the purchase to let him/her know that I was going to be out of town around Xmas and would it be possible to maybe try to ship it with a quicker shipping method than ground. I offered to pay the difference naturally.

The seller responded that it would most like ship on a Friday which was the 5th day of handling and it also might ship on the following Monday which would be the 6th day of handling with no response to ship it any faster. I replied saying that I hope it shipped on the Friday as that was the 5th and final day of handling and if it happened to ship late (6th day) I would really appreciate it he/she could upgrade the shipping since it was beyond the handling that was stated in the auction. No response...

Yesterday was the 6th day and still no tracking number or email from the seller saying the item has shipped. I sent the seller a polite message saying that I haven't seen an update in the item being shipped yet.

At this point I have to be under the assumption that it has not yet shipped and we are into day 7 of the handling. 2 days late for my item that I spent a lot of money on with no update.

How much longer do you guys think should I wait it out and maybe contact eBay about this? What would/do you do in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
monday was a legal holiday and nothing shipping wise was open. I am shipping some stuff myself today that was finally paid for or won this weekend.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ahh right! I didn't realize Monday the 26th was a holiday and neither did the seller because he/she said they might ship out that day instead of the 5th day of handling (Friday the 23rd). I'll give the seller until tomorrow to respond then take it from there. Thanks for your responses...
Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Since today is the official 7th day I'm giving the seller the day to respond. I have sent a message to the seller stating that to him/her. This is looking more and more shady as each day passes.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

If you don't mind me asking what kind of feedback does this seller have, and does he/she have much history selling and shipping cases. If not much history I would be very concerened, if they have been selling with good feedback than hopefully the Holiday has been the reason for the delay and lack of response. Good Luck as that's a good piece of change you put out there!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Man, there is nothing that TILTS me beyond belief more than making a purchase that high end and having the seller take that long to ship and not have any communication with you. OMG. I am tilted just reading this story.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Protect yourself by any means you feel necessary.

That being said:

I am going to assume you bought a case of Triple Threads from cjw1217 (feedback of 1200+ @ 100% positive). If I am correct then:

The listing "estimates" delivery in 6 -10 business days, which unfortunately could be as late as 1/2/12 according to the listing.

The 5 days you speak of actually says this: "Will usually ship within 5 business days of receiving cleared payment". Lack of communication and total rudeness by the seller aside it does seem quite reasonable that the week of Christmas might cause the seller to be a bit busier and not meet the "usual" time frame.

Personally the lack of response would make me attempt to open a case regardless of the dates. Even if Ebay doesn't allow you to open a case the seller will receive a notice that you tried to open one. Might be the kick he needs to contact you.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Im not going to comment on who the seller is. I finally received a response and was told their partner accidentally sold it! Um yeah, awesome, just awesome. Sounds like a runaround if you ask me.

The seller offered to throw back an additional $50 for the troubles along with my refund which helps. But I really just wanted what I paid for. It was meant to be an xmas gift but oh well, looks like a new years gift now from the LCS where I should have just went originally anyway. Thanks all!

Last edited by kgsportscards; 12-29-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsportscards View Post
Im not going to comment on who the seller is. I finally received a response and was told their partner accidentally sold it! Um yeah, awesome, just awesome. Sounds like a runaround if you ask me.

The seller offered to throw back an additional $50 for the troubles along with my refund which helps. But I really just wanted what I paid for. It was meant to be an xmas gift but oh well, looks like a new years gift now from the LCS where I should have just went originally anyway. Thanks all!
That sucks, sorry. The $50, if accompanied by a sincere apology is a satisfactory resolution, but there's no excuse for him not responding to your e-mails.

Incidentally, that $50 is probably some fraction of what he made by selling it to someone else after it was committed to you.
pyweed is offline   Reply With Quote