Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ebitz
Default thoughts / comments on this ebay selling experience

so I had a card up that had a fair market value of 75-100 as a BIN or BO, a guy makes an offer of 32 and not paying attention I accidentally accept, as I realize it right away and send the buyer a message explaining that I made a mistake and if you could please work with me and cancel the auction. Not only does he not work with me he demands the card, send payment multiple times which I go about refunding each time. I was extremely kind and polite throughout. I don't send the card he refuses to cancel so I have to pay fees and then he goes on the leave me my first negative feedback in 12 years and ruining my detailed seller ratings. he said he would remove everything if I sent him that card but not sure what to, would like to hear some people thoughts or comments, thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

screw him and eat the neg - I had a similar situation two weeks ago when I listed a $130card as a BIN, for some reason the price came through as $1, instead of $130. The buyer bitched, I told him to go to hell for trying to take advantage of an obvious error. Fortunately, I sell a sh!tload on the bay so one negative won't effect my TRS or Powerseller status. If it was a $20 card I wouldn't have cared, but know what was I going to eat $130-$150.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea I hear ya I don't see why the guy couldn't' be more understand its obviously so he can get the card and make the $70 that I am going to lose. My issue is that the low TSR is going to take away my powerseller status...
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would suggest in the future you auto decline anything under a certain amount. There is all sorts of evidence that supports blocking bidders who submit very low offers. They tend to be pickier, expect more and generally will not be a good customer.

In all honesty though, you did make the mistake. You don't have to sell it since it was a mistake, but I am not sure why you are blaming the buyer for hurting your rating, you put yourself in the position.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

blocking low offers is a good suggestion, thanks

and yes I admit I made the mistake I guess I was just hoping the buyer would be more understanding, perhaps a neutral feedback or not leave feedback at all, instead of leaving a relentless feedback in all caps...
Old 12-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
I would suggest in the future you auto decline anything under a certain amount. There is all sorts of evidence that supports blocking bidders who submit very low offers. They tend to be pickier, expect more and generally will not be a good customer.

In all honesty though, you did make the mistake. You don't have to sell it since it was a mistake, but I am not sure why you are blaming the buyer for hurting your rating, you put yourself in the position.

+1 on this comment. Those who are lowballing you in the first place are the people I will not deal with. If I get sent a lowball I flat out decline now, I dont even bother countering. As said previous, they expect more for less and generally are a real pain in the rear to deal with. Not worth it!

Sorry for your situation by the way.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!

Last edited by vikingfan101; 01-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks vikingfan202, its frustrating if a buyer makes and offer and changes their mind ebay will tell you to give them the benefit of the doubt, if the similar situation happens with a seller the buyer can pretty much ruin your selling account if they want to. I know they are trying to create a market comfortable for buyers and everything but still
Old 12-31-2011, 03:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

call ebay!! once he blackmailes you with stating to remove negative he should have violated some rule..
rickyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

ya I did call them, they recommended that I send the item to him and they would not remove negative feedback because they said he did not violate any of their rules, I actually called them twice, I was thinking the same thing, thanks!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

I feel for ya - one mistake in multiple years of selling should not have so great an impact, but eBay is out to shake down sellers so you will get no recompense or help or sympathy of any kind from them - just an "F-U," 'cause that's what they do....
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

I can't stand ebay! dont send the item and hope the seller chokes on a chicken bone watching the playoffs this weekend just before screwing you over with negative feedback.. F-Him let him leave it and just follow up with what happened in the feedback and people will still buy from you with confidence
rickyjim is offline   Reply With Quote