Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is etopps done?

Looks like etopps is phasing out the program. It was a horrible year for the football as they only offered 3 weekend rewards opportunities. The catalogs have been very sub-par. Any thoughts?
zorro921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro921 View Post
Looks like etopps is phasing out the program. It was a horrible year for the football as they only offered 3 weekend rewards opportunities. The catalogs have been very sub-par. Any thoughts?
I agree about the phasing out! Also I that you can't use rewards points anymore for shipping. Leave it to topps to screw people again!
Skodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

They also didn't do playoff team cards or any type of promo for the playoffs at all.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
They also didn't do playoff team cards or any type of promo for the playoffs at all.
That was the only reason why I was trying to buy some cards today!
Skodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

they are done....read the update
Dear eTopps Community,

Thank you for participating in this year’s NFL football release as well as your continued enthusiasm for eTopps card offerings over the past ten years. Moving forward, we no longer plan to offer new cards each week. For now, we will continue to offer weekly catalogs and a baseball fantasy game, and we will maintain trading, selling and shipping services for eTopps cards.

We look forward to sharing new digital developments with you in the future, and thank you for your support of eTopps.

Sincerely,
The Topps Company
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
they are done....read the update
Dear eTopps Community,

Thank you for participating in this year’s NFL football release as well as your continued enthusiasm for eTopps card offerings over the past ten years. Moving forward, we no longer plan to offer new cards each week. For now, we will continue to offer weekly catalogs and a baseball fantasy game, and we will maintain trading, selling and shipping services for eTopps cards.

We look forward to sharing new digital developments with you in the future, and thank you for your support of eTopps.

Sincerely,
The Topps Company
Very ambiguous statement. They don't neccessarily say its over. But the last catalog was over priced if you noticed. So looks like they want to clear out the points fast. Would be nice if they gave a more definitive statement as to what is going to happen.
zorro921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

I wanted to take delivery on some 2011 baseball and they still are not ready to ship
wtf!

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

I saw the update that they were going to not allow etopps reward points anymore for shipping, so I took delivery on 115 cards and just beat the deadline! Got the 14.5 lb box in the mail yesterday. Now what am I going to do with 115 etopps reward points???? Their catalogs are terrible, and why can't we take delivery on 2011 etopps Minor league baseball cards yet? I have 21 Manny Banuelos cards that are now stuck in my portfolio and I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg to have them shipped at some point! Thanks topps for screwing us yet again.
jjhasmadskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

So how long do people have to empty their portfolios and get the cards shipped to them? I still have an entire 2002 Football set sitting in mine.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Not over, just changing.

I am taking advantage of panicky sellers at the moment.
bowmanbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmanbuster View Post
Not over, just changing.

I am taking advantage of panicky sellers at the moment.
I sure hope you're right.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have 2010 Football, 2009 (or 2010) t-206 Baseball and Bryce Harper's card that can't be delivered yet! Threw them on eBay, let someone else deal with them.

Twitter: @PorterMan20
PorterMan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Posted today on eTopps:

Dear eTopps community,

We apologize for the confusion caused by our latest announcements and changes. We've come up with the following Q&As to help provide more transparency and we will furthermore work internally and with the community to enhance future communications.

If you still have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Relations team at support@etopps.com or 1 (800) 489-9149.

Why did you decide stop offering new eTopps cards?
This was not an easy decision. This business has been a part of Topps for over 10 years, and we have many loyal customers whose business we greatly appreciate. The reality is, over the past 10 years the site has become dated, and unfortunately, the business model has become unsustainable. Also, finding a vendor with the technological capabilities to print eTopps cards has become more and more difficult, and at the end of the day the business was not making money.

Do I have to take shipment of my cards?
Absolutely not. If you wish to take cards in-hand we will continue to offer shipment, while if you wish to keep cards in your portfolio, or “in port,” we do not currently plan to force them out and your credit card will not be charged for shipping and handling.

So you’re not going to automatically charge my credit card?
No, we are not going to charge your card for shipping and processing charges unless you specifically request delivery of your cards.

How long will my cards continue to stay in port?
As of today we will continue to hold cards in ports and offer shipping and processing services to those who wish to receive cards in-hand. We expect to continue this service in 2012. If we make any changes, all collectors will receive ample notice.

Why did you implement such a steep price increase on the cost to ship cards?
For approximately five years, we have not increased the shipping and handling charges while the actual costs of shipping, picking, packing, and packaging have risen significantly. To date, we have absorbed this cost, but it is no longer possible for us to do so.

If I have a lot of cards in my port, is there any discount available in shipping and processing cost?
We do understand that for some customers, the cost of shipping all or most of your cards would be significant at the current shipping and processing rates. For those that have a significant amount of cards in portfolio, we encourage you to contact our customer service team who will do best to work with you to get your cards in-hand as simply as possible.

I have many points, what can I do with them?
We do expect to continue our catalog. In fact, we are looking to enhance and improve the catalog offerings in the future, and look forward to providing a greater variety of options for our community to redeem points.

Will you offer a baseball game in 2012?
We will offer a fantasy baseball game in 2012, in an effort to reward those that have accumulated cards over the past years. We expect at least a 10-week fantasy game and our present plan is to allow 2008-2011 cards to be used.

Will you replace or build off of eTopps, or have a new eTopps like offering soon?
We are exploring many new digital platforms for the future. Some are similar to eTopps, some are unique and different. We don’t expect that any of our future products will directly build off of eTopps, but we are hopeful that these new digital offerings will appeal to our current eTopps community, and we sincerely hope you stay tuned for updates.

Can we continue to trade cards and sell cards via eBay?
We will continue to offer trading and selling of cards via eBay, and the eBay trading floor will not be affected at this time.

etopps - Baseball Big League Challenge 2011