Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default Paypal Group Break Payments

Guys..am I out of the loop on this...any input anyone can provide would be a huge help - these posts from the Enforcers group break, but with it being in there figured not all would see it and this may not only effect myself, but others and we'll need to update the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2
Break has been requested to active. Once active I'll send everyone a PM with payment info. When you sent your payment - mark it as goods and make sure at least your user name is in the subject line. I'd perfer usename and Enforcers Group Break or something to that effect, but need at least the user name. Dont forget to also post when you send your payment. Helps as great double check if your username is forgotten or I have questions.

TSJCT- your request hit inbetween the filling of the break, and 4 slots went over. I've added this to the reserve list and/or extra. I'm willing to go do extra boxes if we continue to fill slots. Let me know if your good with this (also sent you a PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I don't think you can put Group Break, might be a red flag for Paypal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I'm honestly not sure Ted. I was under the impression that was only for an ebay payment. I'm not sure what grounds paypal would have to freezing my acct for something labeled as a group break payment. Not only am I verfiied, but they also have my tax info....can anyone else verify this? If thats the case or even preemptive can just have Enforcers in the title.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Fish,

In my past experiences with our site and breaks we have talked to paypal over and over and they are 100% serious on anything that relates to group breaks.

They said they consider it gambling and will freeze your funds even after 1 person mentions group break, it automatically flags them for certain words and that is one of them. Raffles is another.

Just make sure that NO ONE enters anything about group break..

Another way around this to make sure that the breaker prints a label out for every single purchase made and they wont have a problem with it.. even if the person doesnt get a hit.. just print the label
Macken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken View Post
Fish,

In my past experiences with our site and breaks we have talked to paypal over and over and they are 100% serious on anything that relates to group breaks.

They said they consider it gambling and will freeze your funds even after 1 person mentions group break, it automatically flags them for certain words and that is one of them. Raffles is another.

Just make sure that NO ONE enters anything about group break..

Another way around this to make sure that the breaker prints a label out for every single purchase made and they wont have a problem with it.. even if the person doesnt get a hit.. just print the label
Yes... They will freeze your account for gb payments.... Just use username
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
Yes... They will freeze your account for gb payments.... Just use username
They will lock it up fast now and label you a gambling site...Unless everyone is assured something
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
They will lock it up fast now and label you a gambling site...Unless everyone is assured something
But how to do they make this determination. I understand the raffle concept, but its a normal type break will everyone will receive something.

Regardless given this info I'll send out my directions requesting that group break not be mentioned.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
But how to do they make this determination. I understand the raffle concept, but its a normal type break will everyone will receive something.

Regardless given this info I'll send out my directions requesting that group break not be mentioned.
Fish I've seen it happen 3 times..They see several fast payments of the same ammount and then check to see if Break,raffle,ETC is mentioned...They have really cracked down on this, as with the gift payments...I'd hate to see someones paypal get shut down over what is supposed to be fun...Don't really understand their thinking on this
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Given the gambling aspect..may be bigger eyes on it than theirs (ie big brother). They just dont done with a big gambling bust in the past few months. If any of that had paypal ties (likely for $$ passing hands), this may of been their next easist thing to look at. Lord knows lots of paypal transactions daily and a few could be easily hidden?