Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gr5

Send a message via AIM to Gr5
Default Houston tristar show 20-22nd

Anyone going? Anyone ever been? This is my first time going this year (heading there from new York, hope this isn't a waste of time.) would just like to hear some imput from others who have gone as to what they thought of show. Also who plans on attending?

Greg
With having to find a "deal url" to leave feedback, I will no longer be leaving feedback. I do not expect it left for me either. I just do not have time to go back on every deal I make and find where it started. Sorry ahead of time.
Gr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I am going, I am from Houston... The show used to be extremely huge, now it got a bit smaller. I like it but I do not know what to compare it too. What would you like to know?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gr5

Well a couple of things, is this show vintage heavy or is it more modern stuff. Also when you say it's gotten smaller can you maybe compare it to a show like the national or even the sun times show in Chicago? Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
With having to find a "deal url" to leave feedback, I will no longer be leaving feedback. I do not expect it left for me either. I just do not have time to go back on every deal I make and find where it started. Sorry ahead of time.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

One day maybe I'll travel to one of these. I still havent been to the Sun Times. I missed the Houston show by one day 2 years ago.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gr5

Wow I apologize for posting this twice, I was wondering what the heck happened to the first post. Sorry about that!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I believe its smaller then the national for sure, dunno about Chicago. I have to say its more modern but there is a good amount of Vintage too. The shows seem to be getting smaller as time goes by. It probably a 4th of the size it use to be 15+ years ago. Back then I couldnt even visit all the tables. The auto lineup is nice this year too. I look forward to it the two times it happens every year but I never been to the national so I would not expect that if I were you. But afterwards i would like to get your opinion on it and how it compares to the others. Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

We will be there! Really looking forward to the '86 Astros reunion reception. We were also at the show this past summer and we were told it will be much bigger. There is defenitely a better auto line up this go around.
ETSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I believe its smaller then the national for sure, dunno about Chicago. I have to say its more modern but there is a good amount of Vintage too. The shows seem to be getting smaller as time goes by. It probably a 4th of the size it use to be 15+ years ago. Back then I couldnt even visit all the tables. The auto lineup is nice this year too. I look forward to it the two times it happens every year but I never been to the national so I would not expect that if I were you. But afterwards i would like to get your opinion on it and how it compares to the others. Thanks

Awesome, yea I will defiantly let ya know how it is compared to the national.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

As far as dealers go, the last one I went to was pretty weak IMO. There were a few card dealers but my impression was it was more of a garage sale than anything.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
As far as dealers go, the last one I went to was pretty weak IMO. There were a few card dealers but my impression was it was more of a garage sale than anything.
Devastating...
Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Don't go in hopes of getting boxes to break. There will probably only be a few dealers there for that purpose. I go mainly to pick up singles and trade bait. If you are into vintage, there are a lot of dealers that will have some nice older stuff. NonSports is right on with the garage sale aspect.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

There is only one person I buy boxes there. I believe its Martys. They give me a good deal.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

If youre looking for wax, Marty is the way to go. ive seen him at shows all over the country. he has a huge selection of product and has always been willing to work with me on price.

ive always had good luck with buying/trading before. while every single table doesnt have the highest quality stuff, theres always several guys with nice product. ive been to the past 3 shows and ive had a great time.

ill be set up at a table all weekend. most of my stuff is basketball, but i also do a bit of football. ill be the guy with a beard and the hendrick motorsports hat. oh, and im 6'10", so im pretty hard to miss
Old 01-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

I flew out last year and it was smaller than the Sun times id say but i spent a lot more.. people brought stuff to actually sell at a reasonable price. certainly agree not many high high end dealers.. I had a blast in houstong though that city is awesome.. El Tiempo right big Man?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

ha! el tiempo is a must. great fajitas, great margaritas, and great blonds.

TEXAS FOREVER.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scackles View Post
I flew out last year and it was smaller than the Sun times id say but i spent a lot more.. people brought stuff to actually sell at a reasonable price. certainly agree not many high high end dealers.. I had a blast in houstong though that city is awesome.. El Tiempo right big Man?
Awesome, this is what I like to hear!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
ha! el tiempo is a must. great fajitas, great margaritas, and great blonds.

TEXAS FOREVER.
AGREE ON ALL 3!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

We are heading down today and plan on attending Saturday and Sunday. Has anyone ever had luck trading in items to get lower prices?
ETSC is online now   Reply With Quote