Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My 2012 Sportscards Plan

Hoping to get my stuff together a bit better this year than last year, when impulse purchases left me cash-poor for the hobby for much of the last quarter. I am basically a set-builder of relatively low-end products. I like the hobby because it means spending time with my kids and also because it can be made less expensive with certain selling practices that I have learned (and continue to learn) members on here. So my plan is to map out a year in card purchases and assess at the end how I did. The basic plan is a to pickup a case (or as close to it as I can manage) from BLOWOUT about every 2 mos., building a master set of the product in question, then selling off most of the extras. I will update the thread over the course of the year with rough estimates on the profit/loss.
The schedule right now:
JAN/FEB - Topps Ser.1 BB
MAR/APR - Topps Heritage BB
MAY - Bowman BB
JUNE - Topps Ser.2 BB
JULY - Topps FB
AUG/SEPT - ?? (suggestions?)
OCTOBER - OPC Hockey
NOVEMBER - UD Ser.1 Hockey
DECEMBER - Bowman Draft BB
Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Allen & Ginter BB would be a great August/September break if that type of stuff floats your boat. I know I stay away from it. Also, for Aug/Sept. you might want to try 2011 Topps Base Football. That is usually a winner with tons of sorting for the kids.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, Ben - I had Topps FB slated for July - doesn't Ginter usually release in July, too? For variety's sake I would probably go with FB, though I wonder if Ginter would be better in terms of ROI...