Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My COMC Do not buy from list.

I know its the sellers right to do what they want, but I really hate when you make an offer on a card and then the person jacks up the price to 100% or more.

Good thing it is my right not to buy from them.

Another seller added to my list.
Poonchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear your aggrivation.

I have doubled the price on a card after rejecting an offer. In my defense it was after the third straight exact same lowball offer. I got tired of countering with the best price I could offer.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonchka View Post
I know its the sellers right to do what they want, but I really hate when you make an offer on a card and then the person jacks up the price to 100% or more.

Not seeing what seller you are referring to?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I hope it wasn't me. I've been trying to avoid doing this ever since I read the last discussion about this on here. I believe that thread was actually started by a seller who was ranting about people making offers on his underpriced cards. I used to raise my price after getting an offer all the time. The reason was that the offer forced me to go research what the card was currently worth. If I found the card was worth more than I had priced it, I would change the price and then negotiate accordingly. Now I try to wait to raise the price until after it's clear the negotiation won't reach a deal, just to not upset a buyer. I've sold several cards lower than I would have in the past because of this.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Sorry to hear your aggrivation.

I have doubled the price on a card after rejecting an offer. In my defense it was after the third straight exact same lowball offer. I got tired of countering with the best price I could offer.
Same here. Many times I already have my cards at dirt cheap prices, and it can get aggravating deal with lowball offers.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Same here. Many times I already have my cards at dirt cheap prices, and it can get aggravating deal with lowball offers.
I am guilty of raising a price after the same buyer literally low balled me 6 times in one day with the same price over and over. I generally will accept reasonable offers or counter with my lowest price.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonchka View Post

So you lowball a seller instead of taking the already low price and when they increase the price, you black-ball them. Makes perfect sense.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
So you lowball a seller instead of taking the already low price and when they increase the price, you black-ball them. Makes perfect sense.
Haha that's exactly what I was thinking. It's always funny when I have something mispriced and the guy is too greedy to just buy it and offers half. It's amazing how many people try and get you to negotiate against yourself and how much simpler life becomes when you don't deal with them.
clarencewhirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarencewhirly View Post
Haha that's exactly what I was thinking. It's always funny when I have something mispriced and the guy is too greedy to just buy it and offers half. It's amazing how many people try and get you to negotiate against yourself and how much simpler life becomes when you don't deal with them.
I totally agree with you guys. I always always price my stuff below the cheapest price I find on Ebay. Never fails that people will still offer super low and then complain or not even answer at all when you respond or even offer a lower price than the original!

I honestly don't get it sometimes. You either want a card or don't. If you want it, then pay for it. If you don't then maybe rethink why you are in the hobby in the first place. People aren't going to just give cards up for free.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

When James Neal's Young Guns were going off, I didn't realize it and someone offered me $2 on my $4 listing. So I looked at eBay and saw them ending between $10-12, so I adjusted the prices accordingly.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevader View Post
I totally agree with you guys. I always always price my stuff below the cheapest price I find on Ebay. Never fails that people will still offer super low and then complain or not even answer at all when you respond or even offer a lower price than the original!

I honestly don't get it sometimes. You either want a card or don't. If you want it, then pay for it. If you don't then maybe rethink why you are in the hobby in the first place. People aren't going to just give cards up for free.
That's the main problem right there. There are too many who are willing to sell their cards way too cheap in order to recoup as much as possible so their wife doesn't cut their balls off, they have to pay their bills, etc. It ends up hurting the rest of us who actually wear the pants in the house, have the ability to be patient and get the prices we want, and don't give in to pushy buyers who try to make it sound like they don't really want the card, they are just trying to do you a favor by buying it.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

its your right not to buy from a seller, but it's the sellers right to do what they feel is best on their card(s). After all, they are the owner until they have a price that they are comfortable selling it for.
scottkoz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

I try not to lowball people, but if I see a card I want that is 1.50 or so I will offer the buyer 1$ to try and help them move inventory, that is what I am willing to pay for the card. If you do not like my offer feel free to counter or decline. That is how I feel on the situation.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

I believe that I started the previous thread that was referred to above. Still like my original position. If I have a card that sells for $10 on ebay and have it priced for $6 and you offer me $4 - I am probably going to do the research on ebay and change my price to $10.

On the other side of that, I have had hundreds of situations where I see a card on COMC that I think is underpriced. I don't send offers on them. I buy them.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
When James Neal's Young Guns were going off, I didn't realize it and someone offered me $2 on my $4 listing. So I looked at eBay and saw them ending between $10-12, so I adjusted the prices accordingly.
I love when that happens. I had a card listed for $20 and someone sent me an offer for half, $10. I look on ebay and the card was selling for $45. Needless to say if the cheap ass had bought the card for $20 they could have made money. Instead I raised my price and it ended up selling for $40.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
I believe that I started the previous thread that was referred to above. Still like my original position. If I have a card that sells for $10 on ebay and have it priced for $6 and you offer me $4 - I am probably going to do the research on ebay and change my price to $10.

On the other side of that, I have had hundreds of situations where I see a card on COMC that I think is underpriced. I don't send offers on them. I buy them.
That is probably the best way of doing that. People want to get an even sweeter deal though, and its really strange. I've been slowly moving my store to a free shipping model on ebay, and some blokes are coming in and putting offers of $1.00 on a $10-20.00 item. For Crying out Loud, why can't they give me enough money in the offer to cover my shipping costs.....