Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stephen Hill Island
Posts: 6,100
Default Quick eBay question

So a buyer from Australia just bought a low dollar item.

I want to send the item first class international.

Whenever I go to the post office, they make me fill out some form for international shipping.

If I pay and print through PP, do I still have to fill out that form? Or can I drop it in the mailbox and thats it?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
SacGWYNN19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,791
Default

Pretty sure you will always have to fill out the form for custom purposes. When you try to print the label through paypal, they should provide you w/ the appropriate warning as well.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
tdmonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Pretty sure you will always have to fill out the form for custom purposes. When you try to print the label through paypal, they should provide you w/ the appropriate warning as well.
This is correct but it is much easier to do online. I've done it there and then dropped in the parcel box inside the post office with no issues.
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,544
Default

[QUOTE=tdmonkeys;2114795]This is correct but it is much easier to do online. I've done it there and then dropped in the parcel box inside the post office with no issues.[/QUOTE
Have done it online plenty of times. Make sure you fill out the form and sign and report an adequate amount
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
MrSnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 5,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
So a buyer from Australia just bought a low dollar item.

I want to send the item first class international.

Whenever I go to the post office, they make me fill out some form for international shipping.

If I pay and print through PP, do I still have to fill out that form? Or can I drop it in the mailbox and thats it?
For int'l first class you can't print through paypal. Paypal will only allow you to print Priority or Express Int'l.
__________________
Collecting Ozzie Smith and Football HOF autograph articles... GO Bears (Hershey)!

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnyder View Post
For int'l first class you can't print through paypal. Paypal will only allow you to print Priority or Express Int'l.
Not completely true--I do it all the time for First Class International to Canada. Not sure if it's different for other countries.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Not completely true--I do it all the time for First Class International to Canada. Not sure if it's different for other countries.
Interesting--if you try to do it direct from PayPal, you're right that you can't do First Class International.

However, originating with an eBay item and generating the shipping label from there, you can do First Class International (at least to Canada).
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
MrSnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 5,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Interesting--if you try to do it direct from PayPal, you're right that you can't do First Class International.

However, originating with an eBay item and generating the shipping label from there, you can do First Class International (at least to Canada).
How do you do that? Is that in Paypal? I'm getting tired of making trips to the PO for 1 package to Candada with hockey cards.
__________________
Collecting Ozzie Smith and Football HOF autograph articles... GO Bears (Hershey)!

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnyder View Post
How do you do that? Is that in Paypal? I'm getting tired of making trips to the PO for 1 package to Candada with hockey cards.
I just use the "Print Shipping Label" link in eBay when I view the "Awaiting Shipment" screen. It has you fill out the customs form fields and then generates the form for you to print, sign, and attach to the package.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.