Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about refund policy

How many of you guys offer refunds and if so do you refund the entire amount or just the purchase price minus the S&H????? I only offer a refund for the purchase price and not the S&H and was just wondering if you think thats fair?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

It depends, if I messed up the item (bad condition, etc.) I will refund S&H too, but if the customer just didn't like the item or whatnot I won't refund S&H.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Location: Baltimore ( home of the 6 x MISL Champion Baltimore Blast )

i dont give refunds to many people on ebay switch cards on you now if it done have a serial # dont take it back . i do how ever take care of any screw up i caused & refund the entire order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How many of you guys offer refunds and if so do you refund the entire amount or just the purchase price minus the S&H????? I only offer a refund for the purchase price and not the S&H and was just wondering if you think thats fair?
cardshopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I offer a refund, but its minus S/H and I must have the card back before anything is issued.
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've got a problem. Again with Canadian Buyers. I've had two different Canadian buyers message me through eBay in the last few days telling me that they still haven't recieved their items that I have shipped over a month ago? WTH is going on? One card was $5 dlvd and the other one was a Sidney Crosby BeeHive Rookie that went for $80 dlvd. Any ideas? I've messaged them back telling them when I shipped their cards but that is all I can go by. International buyers rarely pay to have anything tracked or registered to insure they recieve their cards. I know that it could take up to 14 days for them to recieve any packages but its been well passed that time period. What should I do?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hockey I think you are screwed. What can you do? Nothing. Just tell the buyers you sent it and the card is on the way. You can't prove the tracking, so just tell them sorry you sent it and if they don't get it in a few weeks to tell them to eitheir file a claim or just give them a refund (I would go with a claim so paypal has a record that if they keep doing this paypal should become suspicious but they are stupid).
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

The USPS now has a trackable priority mail option to Canada. For $8.60 you can print the label right from your paypal account with all of the correct customs information on it. All you need is the standard "flat rate envelope" from the PO. If you are sending to a confirmed paypal address then you are protected as well. I have just changed my shipping policy to Canada - for items under $20 then my standard $3.50 rate applies. For items over $20 (usually over $50) then I charge $9.00 for tracked priority mail. It saves on the chargebacks from Canada.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

DOB,

Doesn't that affect your sales from Canadian buyers? I sell mostly hockey and that is where a majority of my sales go.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

I don't give refunds unless it's my mistake. However, they end up whining to PayPal, and then they end up getting their refund that way. So I make them do the legwork. It's funny, because all they had to do was tell PayPal it never arrived, and then they could get a refund and keep the card. I call it "selective morals."
Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Update!!

Luckily I recieved a positive feedback from one of the canadian buyers on the Crosby BeeHive RC I was talking about in this post earlier meaning that he finally recieved his card. I don't have to worry about a $80 chargeback now. It still took him over a month to get the card though. I don't think thats good. Good thing the other card was a $5 card and hopefully that buyer recieves it as well.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

I also recieved this message from the buyer through eBay:

Dear hockeyjunkie99,

Hi, thanks for getting back to us. We checked records again and must apologize, as the card did arrive and is in a display case, it just wasn't marked as received.

Thank you again, we really appreciate your concern.