Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Very nice auction if you got a lot of $$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARD-SHOP-INVENT...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't understand why the guy only did a 1 day auction. Just the 1,000 cards he has in pictured I would think could go for $50,000. Very nice lot, check it out so you can drool. I am honestly going to bid it up for a few thousand, but I doubt it will even be a 10th of the final price.

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 11-12-2007 at 12:48 PM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo

This same auction has been run so many times. I recognize the pictures of the store. I wouldn't touch it.
davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

It has been ran before?

I just sent him an extensive e-mail trying to get him to be more descriptive on whether or not the stuff he shows in I guess is what is his shop is actually for sale. Payton Jimmy Brown Ryan Rookies along with alot more. So does he just keep putting it on then taking it off if the price doesn't suit him? I'm very interested, but if this is just another shady auction on E-bay forget it.
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've seen this auction so many times too.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Bulldog

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I saw this auction and the links were from the "old" Blowout board.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just because its been listed several times doesnt mean it not legit. Maybe this guy has a certain price in mind before he will pull the trigger. Some of these guys put these mega dollar lots out there just to explore the possibilities. If you are interested, it cant hurt to explore further.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree, just because its been up before doesn't mean its not legit. If I had the money to even consider purchasing this lot I'd print out the listing and fly out to Orange County to work out a deal face to face. I wouldn't doubt some other big money buyers have already inquired about doing that exact thing. I think he is just using fleabay to get it out there. No way would I expect this to end with a buyer. Besides, the aholes at fleabay don't deserve the final value fees for something of this magnitude.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I asked him the seller if this auction has done before and he said it had. The buyer wanted to pay over a 4 month term but didn't let the seller know this. He decided to relist instead.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yea I as well remember the seller's name. But it is a really nice lot, if you spend 5 minutes looking through the cards, you would wish you had $40,000-$100,000 to spend. I think eitheir way this collection will sell for well under what it can be re-sold for. Look at those vintage cards, look at those relics, look at those autos, they are so nice, I have about a 1/3rd of what is needed to buy this lot, wish I had the money to get it, it would definetly be worth it. Only scary thing is you are only guaranteed from paypal for $2,000.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would LOVE to bid on this, but the seller doesn't have any feedback in the past 6 months! He hasn't received a single feedback from anyone in at least 6 months.

I would bid $20K if I felt better about getting what he's auctioning off. I have seen this auction before, but there are a lot of newer items from just this year that wasn't included last time. If he's getting out of the business, (not that that is what he's doing), it doesn't make sense that there are so many newer items.

I just don't know what to think.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

If I win this item, I'm personally going down to OC and paying for it with cash after I make sure I get everything that is listed. I told him that was my intent and he sounded like he didn't have a problem with that.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I watched this one too, dreaming of course! I believe this went between 40-45 thousand the first time. There may have even been a thread on here that had a link to it. I guess the only question I would have is would you get more off of fleabay, or setting up a table at a show in a big city?
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

How about doing a group buy on this auction? I believe that he will end this auction early because he said that he made a mistake by listing it for 1 day.
iam4car3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thats funny because I was thinking "hmmmmm what if this was a group buy....."as well. Auctions like these would be really nice for group buys don't you think??
Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yes I would be willing to pitch in 10 grand BUT, how the hell would we do a group buy like this? Who gets what, how does it work. It would be so complicated and there would have to be a lot of trust involved in doing so. I just don't think it would be possible.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

i wonder if you can make more money selling everything individually?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

ended at 36k... wow.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

One way would be for everyone who puts in money to agree that all of the 1 of 1's would be sold until all the money was paid back. In this case, if/when $36,000 worth of cards is sold individually stop. That's when the decision would be made if everyone just wants to sell the rest of the cards for profit or put the cards in lots and assign numbers and then each person can decide to sell, trade, or keep. That would be the only way to be fair in case the group couldn't decide on one way.
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Here is another lot not as nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0&Category=636

But man that is a missed oppurtunity, 37K that is it. I think if we sold half of the good stuff we could of gotten 37K. The only problem is a group buy for this would be bascially impossible. It is a nice dream but I can feel that somebody would feel cheated when the collection would be finally sold.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

A group buy would not be impossible on something like this. It would have to be agreed upon that every single thing would be sold ASAP. After all, that's why you'd be participating in a group buy because you're doing so as an investment.

Sure, there's the trust issue, but if every item was listed on Ebay, that would be most of the proof you'd need to fulfill any trust issues. The ONLY problem would be deciding who would do the listing, and how would it be done.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yea but how many of us know other people personally? It would be very hard to do a group buy if you have never seen anybody in person.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have gone ahead and emailed the seller telling him of the situation if the buyer backs off. For dream situation, how many of you guys would be intersted in a group buy. Id be intersted in like 10K of it and I live in NJ. Just throwing it up in the air, if anybody leaves close and if we can get 2 more buyers that all live close then we can do something if the buyer backs off.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

there are people on here who are "trusted"... and besides, if we paypal the money, or send a cashiers check to someone, and if they go sideways on the group, you got their address LOL. and for something that huge, I personally would want a contract written and signed also, to further protect everyone's investment. a gb like that, ambitious - yes.. doable? absolutely...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

This will probaly be up for auction again in 6 months.

Funny how this auction keeps on popping up time and time again.

BB

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

jb77- did you win this auction?????
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote