Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

OMG, why does eBay have a limit like this?
unisquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I have a basic store and have been bumping up sales quite a bit, and they haven't bugged me with seller limits, yet. I hope they don't cause I have a ton of product coming in the next few months.

I should add, a store adds some really useful functionality. I can't remember exactly what the difference is, but you get the Store Summary page and I've found that to be tons better than what I had without a store. I can also create store categories, mailing lists, etc. I think a basic store is totally worth it.
It is definitely worth it. Even better, if you get a basic store for a month and then cancel it, you still retain the same slick My eBay page when you did have a valid store subscription
Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'm not seeing a table anywhere on myebay/selling page. Can someone help me find mine if EVERYONE has a limit.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
I'm not seeing a table anywhere on myebay/selling page. Can someone help me find mine if EVERYONE has a limit.
I don't have a table showing me limits either. I think those of us who don't have limits (yet) do not have this table?
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't have a table showing me limits either. I think those of us who don't have limits (yet) do not have this table?
key word = yet....

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Quote:
key word = yet....
I think that it is safe to say that if you do not increase the number of listings sharply you can avoid a limit, hopefully.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
my table looks like this. it is at the top of the page of my ebay / selling.

i have always had a limit since i started and it started at 50 items. i had to call 3x to get the 50 items raised to 100, 150, 200. oddly the $ amount was always 10K. you are eligible for a "review" of your account every 30 days to request increases in your limits if you have them. i have only been selling on ebay for 1 year.

since that point they have increased my number of items limit on their own. before i was running all auctions and would never sniff the number. now i'm converting to a store and listing a lot more so i may have some issues eventually.

my feedback is 100%, top-rated, power. my DSRs are all high so i don't think that matters all that much.

here is ebays talk on selling limits
Ebay Selling Limits

Last edited by bigbensbff; 01-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

If you sell 160 items over a 2-3 month period and up it to 1000 or 1500....for a couple months...not a big deal to me... Especially if the average sales are 25-35% of what it was before and you are still getting positive feedback and DSRs. Makes no sense for a limited account.

The only thing I can think of is..that they would have to report monthly sales of over 10k to the IRS. Or something related to taxes and 'acting' as a business as opposed to a hobby, etc.
dwest13cavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

I have over 7100 FB with 100% and scores of 4.9, 5.0, 4.9 and 4.8 on my DSRs.

My money is held for up to 3 weeks because they said I got too many 1/2s on shipping fees.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post

My money is held for up to 3 weeks because they said I got too many 1/2s on shipping fees.

now that would tilt that living s$%& out of me! I shouldn't complain about my situation at all!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #36 (permalink)

I see that you offer free shipping. Did you switch to that policy to avoid even more 1/2 DSR's from the Ebay Basement Tough Guys who did not like $2.99 shipping plus $.50 an additional card policy because the postage label reflect $.01 less than what they paid?

Quote:

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I see that you offer free shipping. Did you switch to that policy to avoid even more 1/2 DSR's from the Ebay Basement Tough Guys who did not like $2.99 shipping plus $.50 an additional card policy because the postage label reflect $.01 less than what they paid?
I offered free shipping to try and "purge" those 1/2s. After a few months, I finally realized that no matter how many free shipping auctions I offer, the low ratings will work themselves out of the system a year after they are left. I've been selling crappy, 0.99 cards to get those shipping dings purged. I would never sell a $1 card.

Ebay wants the site to go free shipping and this is the way they'll get it.

The bottom line is that sellers have been castrated by Ebay. They value the buyer so much more. Without sellers, can there be buyers?

Last edited by The Madbacker; 01-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I offered free shipping to try and "purge" those 1/2s. After a few months, I finally realized that no matter how many free shipping auctions I offer, the low ratings will work themselves out of the system a year after they are left. I've been selling crappy, 0.99 cards to get those shipping dings purged. I would never sell a $1 card.

Ebay wants the site to go free shipping and this is the way they'll get it.

The bottom line is that sellers have been castrated by Ebay. They value the buyer so much more. Without sellers, can there be buyers?
i have completely withdrawn from selling .99 cards on auction w/ $2.60 shipping... ebay is going to be my mid-high end selling point(with free shipping) and COMC is going to be my low end selling format. just getting a lot together to send in, got about $5,000 SV headed their way in the next few weeks.

i think i am almost done with ebay shenanigans, except when dealing with $40-$$$$ cards.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
The wife has a theory that Ebay is seeing tons of listings on "freebie" day/days and figure those sellers have stuff to sell, so "convince" them to get a store. I can see how Ebay would go that route to try to "convince" sellers to buy stores.
To continue this route, Ebay had their freebie listing week last month for store subscribers only and just a bit ago I got an email about free auction listings with any start price starting tomorrow (8th) and running until the end of the month (31st) for store subscribers.

With that many free listing days, if a spike in sales is what is spurring accounts being limited, a ton of people will get hit by that, so I'm leaning further away from that theory. If the entire thing was just to "convince" people to buy stores, then these moves make sense to me, and I'm starting to lean more in that direction as to what is going on with Ebay lately.

Thoughts?
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
To continue this route, Ebay had their freebie listing week last month for store subscribers only and just a bit ago I got an email about free auction listings with any start price starting tomorrow (8th) and running until the end of the month (31st) for store subscribers.

With that many free listing days, if a spike in sales is what is spurring accounts being limited, a ton of people will get hit by that, so I'm leaning further away from that theory. If the entire thing was just to "convince" people to buy stores, then these moves make sense to me, and I'm starting to lean more in that direction as to what is going on with Ebay lately.

Thoughts?
My Thoughts are that people are going to list a bunch and get limited. After my month went past when my account got limited and I was able to call to get my limits increased. The eBay guy I talked to told me flat out that by the end of this year they want to have limits on EVERY seller on eBay.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
My Thoughts are that people are going to list a bunch and get limited. After my month went past when my account got limited and I was able to call to get my limits increased. The eBay guy I talked to told me flat out that by the end of this year they want to have limits on EVERY seller on eBay.
Better luck then me. I had my bad dsr drop off after a year. So this month I'd be all green, and figured I'd get my limits bumped up. Instead, they shut down my account until March 20. So for a year, I could have a small problem with shipping time. It was a 4.5, now 4.7. And now that I raised my stats, they shut down my account? I can't stand eBay. I don't remember the last time I was allowed to list 100+ items in a month.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
The eBay guy I talked to told me flat out that by the end of this year they want to have limits on EVERY seller on eBay.
Why hide it behind some weird increase in sales though? Why not just implement the limits across the board and give an explanation about safety, rip-offs, etc? That's what they do with new changes and just did with the newest updates email. They just tell you how it is going to be and that's that, regardless of if anyone likes the changes or not. Seems odd they wouldn't do the same concerning limits... now if he meant anyone without a store would get hit by limits, then ok, I can see that because it plays right into them wanting everyone to have a store. But if it is site-wide including store owners, then it doesn't make much sense to not just implement limits and be done with it.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #43 (permalink)

Ebay does nothing but make sellers jump through hoop after hoop and try to get more and more of your money.
I normally just buy on ebay but I started selling a bit here and there over a month ago...nothing major...usually just a card or two at a time...I get my money 3 days after the item is delivered...so if I ship the day of or day after the buyer pays I have to wait 6-7 days to use my money.Ebay has all the seller requirements of 90 days,$250 in sales,and 25 items before you get instant access to your money. I still have several days to wait and several more items to sale but I passed the $250 in sales along time ago....reading stories like this make me glad I am not a bulk seller on there.

I get that they offer 100% buyer protection and must protect themselves from major losses they could incur from bad sellers...but the OP has been an immaculate seller and it seems that they are doing nothing but limiting revenue generated to them by the OP by placing limits on him.
Ebay is almost a necessary evil for the hobby..but seems it becomes more and more evil for sellers by the day.

Last edited by MarinoHOF; 03-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.
MarinoHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #44 (permalink)

My account Rsxman2010 was suspended last month after I sold some Silver, Over the three months prior I sold alot and when i called to find out why it was suspended i got the dumbest rep they have she said we cant tell you why its suspended but if you want to get this to court they'll defend their actions. IDK wtf that means its ebay
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

EBay stores. The moment I mentioned I wanted one, eBay was willing to increase my limits. So if you plan to sell a lot, do that.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #46 (permalink)

This is the same crap they did to me. 11 years selling, over 5k positive feedback, not one negative, yet they treated me like some sort of criminal. Eaby can suck it. No more fees from me.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
This is the same crap they did to me. 11 years selling, over 5k positive feedback, not one negative, yet they treated me like some sort of criminal. Eaby can suck it. No more fees from me.
I agree but the fact of the matter is, eBay still has by far the largest number of buyers. Once there is a site or place that can compete with them then I would be open to no longer selling on eBay.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
As much as I agree, I'm dying for March 20th to get here so I get my account back. Things just sell better on there then here.